Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Bombers Tournament is coming up!!!!! Anyone Excited?????

by DonnieS » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 am

>> Or had every other team burned up its pitching by the time they played you? <<

What would that have to do with the opponents scoring runs. And are you saying the Houston Storm and RR Blaze are cake walk teams.

Regarding the Glory team, I wanted to award our game ball to their coach. He had that pitcher's spirit broken with his comments to her - someone said 'well, hey, thats his kid', as if that made it ok. I noticed as he kept talking trash to his own pitcher, the other kids on his own team started doing the same to their teammates. Sad, but that stuff trickles down. They looked a lot better than they showed. No doubt they were missing some players too - is that what you said about the other teams. Our top hitter broke her wrist on Saturday night - oh wait, we didnt need excuses, the other girls stepped up like they are taught.

People ask us why my kid plays up most of the time - this kind of crap is why. At the older age groups, you play, you kick some butt, you get your butt kicked, no excuse machine around. Just play the game.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Who care????? Who cares????? One....I haven't seen one adult play in these games......the kids do. It's "A Tournament".....not State, Regionals, Nationals, or the World Series. It's not about winning or losing.....specially at the 10u, 12u, and 14u level. Its about get your kids better, more prepared for high school, ASA Gold and college.....if that's the KID's dream. Who cares if your bracket is easier or harder.....you'll get a chance to play a quality team here or there. Playing 4-5 good teams and finishing 12th is just as good as beating 2-3 good teams and placing. Team earn respect from others by the quality of play ON THE FIELD.....not by where you finish. Everyone knows where you finish in a tournament starts with your draw....blind or not......but it always ends with how the kids play. Reading posts on this site and others about this tournament......there were great games all over the place....with different teams involved. Who cares who won what.....the question to ask is......did your kids have fun? did they get better as players?
Oh.....has anyone heard of a friendly???? Very much like the College Exposure tournaments???? Getting good team together, play 5-6 games, kids get better, take the pressure off of winning and focusing on getting better for State, Regionals, Nationals, High School, and College?????
WHO CARES???? LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by DonnieS » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:12 pm

<< Who care????? Who cares????? >>

what he said
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by carchamp252505 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:11 pm

HEY EVERYONE I THINK EVERYONE FAILED TO MENTION STX8'S(SCOTT SMITH), RGV STING AND NOT TO MENTION SOUTH TEXAS ELITE WHO WERE THE '07 RONALD MCDONALD CHAMPS AND BEAT THE TEXAS PEPPERS 14U TWICE IN THAT TOURNEY. ALSO THE GROOVE, RR CRUSH WHO WERE NOT IN THIS TOURNEY. I ALSO THINK THE BRACKETS WERE A LITTLE UNFAIR, PITTING 4 OF THE TOP TEAMS IN THE SAME BRACKET: AMERICAN FREEDOM, TEXAS GLORY 94, SOUTH TEXAS ELITE(ALICE), FT. WORTH BATBUSTERS(MONTOYA) IN WHICH I BELIEVE TEXAS GLORY BEAT SOUTH TEXAS ELITE 2-0, ST ELITE 3-BB(MONTOYA)2, ST ELITE 1-AMERICAN FREEDOM 0. SO GUYS DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THE SOUTH TEXAS TEAMS WHEN YOUR TALKING TOP TEAMS. I THINK CENTRAL AND SOUTH TEXAS OUTBEAT DALLAS AREA 5-3 IN BOMBER SHOOTOUT FINAL 8. BRACKETS WERE UNFAIR BUT STILL THE GAMES WERE PLAYED ! BUT ALSO THE TOP 2 TEAMS ARE MAKE-UP TEAMS TILL APRIL(STX 8'S & BLAZE(PRINZO) ) AND ARE GOOD TEAMS !
carchamp252505

by Ezalb93 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Anybody who thinks that the ST8s aren't deserving of the title "2008 Bomber Tournament Champs" either needs their head examined, has some axe to grind, or simply doesn't know what they're talking about. Of course, all of the so-called top teams in Texas at 14U weren't at the tournament. What 14U travel-ball tournament ever has all of the top teams in the state in attendance? The fact that all of the best teams weren't there doesn't in any way diminsh the ST8s' accomplishment last weekend. And, make no mistake about it, the ST8s are a terrific team. Heck, even if all the best had been there, they'd likely still be one of the top finishers, if not the champ. They are solid in all phases of the game. Their middle infield was as good as any, if not the best, in the tournament. (And that is no slight against the rest of their defense which also played lights out against us, at least.) Their ace pitcher is very talented and one of the toughest competitors you'll ever come across. My daughter loves competing against her. And the field of teams at the tournment was plenty good, too. How can you argue against quality teams like ST Elite, RGV Sting, 94 Tx. Elite, 94 Tx. Glory, SK Tazers, Jets, 94 Bombers, Am. Freedom, to name just a few? And many of the younger, underdog teams gave the older, favored teams all they wanted, e.g., RR Blaze 95, High Voltage, SA Hitt, etc. I thought the tournament was great fun and a lot of high-quality softball was played. Thanks Bombers for an enjoyable weekend all around. And Congrats to the ST8s.
Ezalb93

by heybucket » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:20 pm

YplayAwhenucanplayB wrote:Bombers Tournament is coming up!!!!! Anyone Excited?????
Who are the favs to win!?!?!?!?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When is this tournament and is there a link to the tournament. Thanks
Heybucket
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by 3Bsnag » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:55 pm

It was this past weekend. The page was http://www.eteamz.com/bombershootout, but don't know if any scores were posted there.
3Bsnag

by carchamp252505 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:57 pm

you can try vtd and go to bulliten boards the results were posted there !! as far as scores I do not know I wish some one would post them !!
carchamp252505

by STE08 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Hey guys the Bomber Shootout was a great tourney, my hats off to the Texas 8'S, they are 2-2 in tourneys and have an awesome pitcher throwing for them, she is no joke. They have a good set of coaches including a good friend of mine Donnie S., as far as the competition it was there and in abudance. My team, S.T.ELITE(Alice) had our hands full, and we are satisfied with the outcome, can't wait till the HOF when we have our 4 starters back and are 100%, yes we did lose 2 girls to 16U, but we are stronger than ever and we will see you all out there on the fields. Congrats Texas 8'S(Scott) and Kirsten & Donnie from the S.T. ELITE Family !!!

Greg Flores
STE08

Previous

Return to TX