Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Bombers Tournament is coming up!!!!! Anyone Excited?????

by slapper » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 pm

I was at the 14U and 12U tournament this weekend and must say I saw some great ball played by many teams. The S. TX 8s, RR Blaze prinzo, TX Glory, TX Elite, Bombers 94 and S.TX Elite all looked very good in the 14U. It looks as if all of TX was well represented and several teams lived up to the hipe, and some others did not. The 8s and Blaze prinzo was a great game. The 8s defense was awesome. I know everyone talked about their pitcher but you don't play that many good teams without giving up a run on pitching alone. The game between the Blaze and Glory was well played and both teams wanted it bad.

I only saw a few games at the 12U but the TX Aces, Bombers 95, Flamethrowers, TX Glory 95 and TX Elite all looked good. The game between the Bombers and the Aces was one of the best I have seen at 12U. The TX Elite vs TX Glory was hard fought and could have gone either way. From the looks of the standings in all 3 divisions the Elite, Glory, Bombers and Blaze have many talented teams in all age divisions. I can only imagine the battles we will see in the future between these powerhouse organizations.

Its too bad most of these teams will not play each other again for a while. Wouldn't it be great if their where a tournament like this every month? I know the tournament in Allen has some good teams in 14U but its missing many good teams from Houston and Central TX.
slapper

by Flash4 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

I agree... maybe someone in should try to set something up half way between Houston and Dallas
Flash4

by DonnieS » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 pm

>> The 8s defense was awesome. <<

Thats a fact. Did anyone hear about the big hit that my kid got before the championship game? She broke the TD's hand during BP, he has a hair line fracture of his right hand. His famous last words were 'Why dont you swing the bat like you pitch?' - she swung the bat, he slipped backing up , and had his hand out in front of him and smack.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapper » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Flash4 wrote:I agree... maybe someone in should try to set something up half way between Houston and Dallas

How about a Test of the Best in Waco/Temple/N. Austin. Wouldn't this be a great place to host the ASA Natonal Qualifiers. Nobody has the home field advantage so to speak. Hey ASA are you listening?
slapper

by slapper » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:52 pm

DonnieS wrote:>> The 8s defense was awesome. <<

Thats a fact. Did anyone hear about the big hit that my kid got before the championship game? She broke the TD's hand during BP, he has a hair line fracture of his right hand. His famous last words were 'Why dont you swing the bat like you pitch?' - she swung the bat, he slipped backing up , and had his hand out in front of him and smack.

Wow how funny! I guess he will have to let someone else throw bp to the 8s for a while. Watch out for what you ask for :lol:
slapper

by bombercoach » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:31 am

Yea , I am going to re-think my method of motivation with "K" but I will say she hit the ball like a monster after having knocked my hand off my body...lol

Also I wanted to thank the poster "Travel Ball" for the following post:

"South Texas 8's are definitely a contender. But you have to wonder if this collection of eighth graders from several area teams is nothing more than a Gold level pitcher on a team that wouldn't make it to Sunday combined with the fact that the tournament director that made up their cakewalk bracket has a daughter on the team."

We really appreciated the motivational material....I got a lot of use out of printing it and showing the collection of average eighth graders and the gold pitcher what some middle age man that probobly never played fastpitch softball thought of their abilities and how easy he thought the bracket was made "just for them". So they decided to just play as hard as they could just for Mr. Travel Ball....in the process they played 9 games , played evey team that came their way (which by the way were some very good teams...93 Texas Storm , RR Blaze Prinzo , Texas Glory , RR Blaze Prinzo just to name a few!) all in all scoring 68 runs and allowing 0 runs for the entire tournament....not bad for an everage bunch of eighth graders and a pitcher!...Thanks Mr. Travel Ball!
bombercoach

by daddyball1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:40 am

10U Bracket played out like everyone thought. Top 6 teams were Texas Elite (Dallas), TPS-97 (Houston), Sweeet Gold (Dallas), Redhots (Houston), Glory (Dallas), Crossfire (Houston).
daddyball1

by Travel Ball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am

Glad I could be of assistance. The ST8's definitely played well this weekend. These girls hitt the ball hard every game. Not sure how many are Texas Bombers, but they can definitely hit. Still, its hard to lose when the other team can't score. Takes a bit of pressure off your hitters too I would think.

And coach, don't fool yourself into thinking for a minute that the bracket wasn't a hot topic of conversation among most top teams in attendance as it is every year at the Bomber Shootout. Wonder how many of your 68 runs were scored against the Wicked Fastpitch '93, Texas Tornados, RGV Venom, and a Texas Storm '93 team that was short high school players. The TD of this tournament lost credibility a long time ago. It's why the top Houston teams stopped coming in force a few years back. It's only a matter of time before the "big tournament" of the spring shifts to Allen if it already hasn't. Great experience, great facilities, great umpires, and great teams from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Houston, Austin, and North Texas.

It was a shame the Texas Traveler's (Splash) and Anderson Express had to drop out at the last minute. Definitely could have been a different weekend. Kudos to the Blaze (Prinzo). Didn't see you play, but everyone was talking about your girls. Definitely had you confused with someone else.
Travel Ball

by bombercoach » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:40 am

Mr. Travel Ball (or whoever you are) All but one player on the 8's is a Texas Bomber...and the one that is not , might as well be considered one...her two cousins are! Secondly the level of excuses made by people like you about the bracket cracks me up? You made a comment earlier prior to the tournament that Bracket #1 was a cake walk for the STX8's , but then said the 93 Texas Storm and the Spring Kline Tazers had to be considered as some of the top teams with a chance to win? Bracket #1 was the only bracket that had two teams made up of 93's ? I watched the SK Tazers and the 94 Jets and they both are very good teams and represented the Houston very well with a lot of class! There are always people that question the brackets in EVERY tournament , they are typically people that do not do very well in the tournament and are looking to point the finger to someone else as to why! I can promise you this NEVER have you or will you see a Texas Bomber team get on any website and blame our losses on a bracket draw , because we understand that at the end of the day you have to beat everybody to win the tournament and your wins and losses are the teams responsibility not anyone elses!

As far as our tournament we had 90 teams enter this year and had to turn away 31 ones! And we appreciate every team that played this year and those that wanted to that did not make it into the tournament field. We were able to donate over $10,000 to the American Cancer Society because of the large participation and that was what made this tournament a success! The hard work that all of the people put into trying to make this a great tournament year after year...The comments from nearly every team has been that this years event was a great tournament and that they looked forward to next year! I can tell you that we look forward to hosting next years 9th Annual Bomber Shootout!

Take care Mr. Travel Ball....have a great season and we will continue to try and upgrade our tournament just like we do every year....by the way the Bees that I bought for the tournament this year were a little better than last years :)

Scott Smith
Texas Bombers Fastpitch
bombercoach

by Travel Ball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 am

Actually, I hear very little complaining about brackets in Houston or in North Texas. Hear it all the time in Central Texas. You hear it EVERY year about the Bomber Tournament. Why not have a blind draw by the coaches at check in and that should stop the complaining? You also seem quite sensitive to complaints. Don't diminish what your girls accomplished because on Sunday they beat everyone in their path to the Championship. Just curious though how outscoring your opponents 68-0 constitutes anything but a cakewalk. Is this ST8's team really that good? Or had every other team burned up its pitching by the time they played you?
Travel Ball

PreviousNext

Return to TX