NO.
32%

Total votes : 37

by PAPA COACH » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 am

Let's see if the Diamond parents and whoever will chime in on this rumor
wine for everyone
PAPA COACH

by behindtheplate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 am

Not a rumor. Kevin - Tracy and Mr. ED were at practice on Sunday and Kevin even addressed the parents to tell us all the benefits that his Glory club can offer. There is simply no other way to college than through the Mr. Ed show and then if you survive Beard and Shelton will get you tons of offers from pac10 big12 and sec schools only.
behindtheplate

by honest bob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:25 am

I am proud to report that I have made a full recovery from carpal tunnel syndrome. I am sure all my many fans & haters have spent many sleepless night searching the internet & air waves for me.
Now on to the news------DATELINE Forney TEXAS......... The Glory upper management did in fact meet with our very own 96 DIAMONDS. Now lets not lose site of the fact that all our coaches & players have worked very hard to reach the status they have acheived.
Does the softball world really think that those GLORY LEADERS are the only people after the DIAMONDS well wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! They are only one of many that have & are trying to pickup the DIAMONDS.
It really is not anyones concern if they do or dont do this or that.I have to question why given the coaching staff's past record that any of you think that you have a better plan or idea than they do.
The DIAMONDS & FUSION are the benchmark for all other area teams. So I BELIEVE WE WILL MAKE OUR OWN CALLS. THANKS BUT IF ANY OF YOU HAD A BETTER PLAN THEN THIS POST MIGHT BE ABOUT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO OVER THINK THIS!!!! AND REMEMBER OUR DISCLAIMER FOR ALL NORTH TEXAS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!

SIDE EFFECTS: Headache, fatigue, dry mouth, thirst, dry nose or hoarseness may occur. These effects should lessen as your body adjusts to NORTH TEXAS SOFTBALL . If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: nervousness, rapid or pounding heartbeat, unusual weakness, stomach pain, dizziness, diarrhea, wheezing, increased physical activity

THANK YOU
MR. BOB BILLINGSLY
carpal tunnel syndrome SURVIVOR
"THERE IS NO OFF POSITION ON THE GENIUS SWITCH"
honest bob

by smmartin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 am

WELCOME BACK WHATS YOUR MORTGAGE RATES RIGHT NOW?
smmartin

by aquarius » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 am

honest bob wrote:Does the softball world really think that those GLORY LEADERS are the only people after the DIAMONDS well wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! They are only one of many that have & are trying to pickup the DIAMONDS.

I'd guess that's fairly accurate.

So..............

Glory et al, attempts to hurry and make up for bad management with the failed Whines bit - offers ready made, stand alone Diamonds club a free slide down the pipeline, then everybody wins??

Maybe too many down in ole Texasvile have lead themselves to believe that the Glory is the true and only means for attainment into "softball heaven". Give Glory their due and all, but ask this: What do they have right now that I need/want? What do they have that I don't need/want?

Honest Bobber is right - It's nobody's business, including mine, but hey.................
aquarius

by SneakyCleats » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:00 am

Honest Bobber is right - It's nobody's business, including mine, but hey.................

If we only talked about our own business there wouldn't be very many post on HB. Funny stuff Bob, Honestly :) you spend plenty of time talking about everybody else on here you should handle it a bit better when it is you and yours being talked about. Especially since there was no trash talking here just conjecture on what might happen in the softball community.
SneakyCleats

by honest bob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

SneakyCleats wrote:

If we only talked about our own business there wouldn't be very many post on HB. Funny stuff Bob, Honestly :) you spend plenty of time talking about everybody else on here you should handle it a bit better when it is you and yours being talked about. Especially since there was no trash talking here just conjecture on what might happen in the softball community.

Thanks .......................... How r ur cleats looking this fall.I understand you lost jet is that true or do you not want to have a friendly talk about your team. This is kinds like- tennis ball back in your court.No trash talking please!!!

THANK YOU
MR. BOB BILLINGSLY
Wimbledon Tennis CHAMPION 1967
HEY BUCKET Sanitation DIRECTOR "CLEANIN THIS CRAP UP FOR YOU THE HEY BUCKET SUPPORTER"
"THERE IS NO OFF POSITION ON THE GENIUS SWITCH"
honest bob

by sbfan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 am

Next fall this team will break up no matter if they are Diamonds or Glory. BUT with the Glory name my guess is that at Nationals next year you will have a few more colleges looking at you.

Most of the girls will be in High School next year and the parents will want them on teams that they BELIEVE will help them get seen by college scouts ect.

Good luck to what ever they decide. They are a classy team that has been run well for several years.
sbfan

by rodehardputawaywet » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:17 am

Another independent team bites the dust!
Another excellent parent/coach goes down as well!

It is unfortunate that everyone out there believes that their DD needs to play for a named organization and non-parent coach.

For all the players that the named organizations have helped put into colleges, there are just as many as they turned their backs on last minute for the next best player. And for all of these non-parent coaches that seem to know what they are doing, they are not developing girls.

96 Glory under non-parent coaches implodes and the girls are scattered, so Kevin goes out and signs another team to takes it's spot. This team will be divided up and put onto other Glory teams "in the best interest" of the girls. The rest will be discarded.

One day people will realize that it is not just an organization that gets a girl a D1 scholarship. Do not limit yourself to the few snakes out there that claim they are the only way to get your DD a D1 scholarship.

There needs to be a revolution is softball and stop the madness.

Anyway, great job Troy (not Tony) on your two top five finishes at Nationals.
rodehardputawaywet

by pbj2000 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

What is this "softball" world's fascination with D1 schools? My DD is young so I haven't reached that point yet...but I can assure you we are going to choose a college based on academic and geographical preferences. I also read somewhere that there are only about 135 D1 scholarships available to softball players. D1 focuses more on athletics then they do academics...so my thinking is the sooner these "superstar" parents realize that the likelihood of your DD getting a D1 scholarship is minimal to nill...you might stop believing the "hype".

Glory, Batbusters, Elite...who cares...Softball should be used as A tool to get what you ultimately desire...it shouldn't be used as the ONLY tool.

If you went to a mechanics garage and you saw they only had one wrench in there tool box...you might think whata idiot...so when you listen to these coaches promise you the world to get your daughter into that D1 school...well same could be said for you...

"I can do this, I can do that, the D1 schools trust me...they come to me"...blah blah blah

use the tool don't become the tool

my .02
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

Next

Return to TX