WILL THE DIAMONDS BECOME 96 TEXAS GLORY

WILL THE DIAMONDS BECOME 96 TEXAS GLORY

YES.
68%
NO.
32%

Total votes : 37

by catdaddy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:34 am

Its over the Diamonds made the move they are now the RAGE.

Catdaddy
no RATs in my house
catdaddy

by texasglori » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:51 am

oldskool or can I call you Kevin,

You forgot a couple of other highlights.

96 Coach king dick had to steal a tournament because his team ran out of money and Texas Glory Organization wouldn't even give him enough money to stay in a room so he pitched a tent.

Ed did not qualify for nationals until the last qualifing tournament when all the dogs were there.

Texas Glory going through profiles during their college look to get email addresses hoping to steal players.

Talking people like KB from the travelers to come over because your pipeline of players suck.

Using College players to help your team place high
texasglori

by DizmondBiotch » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 am

texasglori wrote:96 Coach king dick had to steal a tournament because his team ran out of money and Texas Glory Organization wouldn't even give him enough money to stay in a room so he pitched a tent.

Man that fool had like 20 girls on that roster when i saw them in Irvin. yall always talkin bout how hes a snake. He couldn't snake his way into a room with all those extra pockets? :lol:
DizmondBiotch

by justawatcher » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 am

He only had like 11 at nationals and I think 1 was some coachs kid or someones little sister. Maybe he couldnt get the $ out of the other ones before he cut em/they left/whatever. Was that guy really staying in a tent though? :lol:
Where was it? In a hotel parking lot or on the side of the highway or what lol
Last edited by justawatcher on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
justawatcher

by behindtheplate » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 am

Olskool, I wasn't talking about Dan, he has his own club to keep afloat. I was talking about Mark Blackford. I have done exactly as you asked, I called 3 of the coaches on your list. Guess what they said? That Kevin and Dan as had some good players the last few years. Either of them will get your kid in the right places to be seen by college coaches. None of the three would give either of you a nod above the other. They also stated that there were other places one might play to get the same result as well. Glory seems to not have the market cornered just yet. I have also had this conversation with Mark over the past few months when he was still working with the Shelton team. He has done way more than any of you will allow yourselves to admit. As far as clinics go, GET REAL, all the NT coaches know that anyone can put on a clinic if they just call a coach, pay them the price they ask and advertise. Unfortunately, few of the NT club coaches endorse your clinics as they all know your just using it as yet another way to recruit their players. Yet another glory fundraiser to pay the Shelton house payment and keep the glory team traveling. If it is really true that one of your coaches stayed in a tent at nationals this year they should take your softball credentials and burn them.
behindtheplate

by honest bob » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am

Texasasa25 wrote:
Thanks .......................... How r ur cleats looking this fall.I understand you lost jet is that true or do you not want to have a friendly talk about your team. This is kinds like- tennis ball back in your court.No trash talking please!!!

THANK YOU
MR. BOB BILLINGSLY
Wimbledon Tennis CHAMPION 1967
HEY BUCKET Sanitation DIRECTOR "CLEANIN THIS CRAP UP FOR YOU THE HEY BUCKET SUPPORTER"

Bob,

Congratulations on surviving "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome". First of all, I have known Troy and Tony for many years. As a matter of fact, Sneaky Cleats '95 played it's first tournament ever against Troy's Diamonds as 6u. I have nothing but respect for him and his club. He has a talented group of young ladies and has always played with class.

I would never talk trash about his team or any other team. As far as the person using the profile name: sneaky cleats, I have no idea who they are. I am confident that it is NOT anyone from our club or from our sister teams.

In regards to the future of the '96 Diamonds merging with another club, if Troy and the parent's feel this is the best move for them-so be it. They will make a name for themselves regardless what uniform they wear.

Bob- as far our fall team, it is looking good. We made 2 roster changes after Nationals and we are very excited to see what our team can do.

Regards,
Anthony Springer
The original-Sneaky Cleats '95

Holy switch a roo 2 CLEATS. MR. SPRINGER I am glad to hear you are not behind the other silly sneaky cleat. I was shocked & you have restored my faith in your club. Keep up the good work.

THANK YOU
MR. BOB BILLINGSLY
INTERNET CRIME FIGHTER
FIREWALLS, ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE & RIGHTER OF WRONGS
"THERE IS NO OFF POSITION ON THE GENIUS SWITCH"
honest bob

by 0to60in2.5 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm

pbj2000 wrote:What is this "softball" world's fascination with D1 schools? My DD is young so I haven't reached that point yet...but I can assure you we are going to choose a college based on academic and geographical preferences. I also read somewhere that there are only about 135 D1 scholarships available to softball players. D1 focuses more on athletics then they do academics...so my thinking is the sooner these "superstar" parents realize that the likelihood of your DD getting a D1 scholarship is minimal to nill...you might stop believing the "hype".

Glory, Batbusters, Elite...who cares...Softball should be used as A tool to get what you ultimately desire...it shouldn't be used as the ONLY tool.

If you went to a mechanics garage and you saw they only had one wrench in there tool box...you might think whata idiot...so when you listen to these coaches promise you the world to get your daughter into that D1 school...well same could be said for you...

"I can do this, I can do that, the D1 schools trust me...they come to me"...blah blah blah

use the tool don't become the tool

my .02

What is the 'softball' worlds fascination with D1 schools? Are you serious? 135 D1 scholarships available? Where did you read that? D1 schools have 12 scholarships every year to help field the team. 16 - 25 players - 12 scholarships. If you have a kid that has always wanted to play at the highest level, has always wanted to be in the College World Series, has always dreamed of playing in the nicest stadiums, and has always wanted to go to a good school academically, then you will understand the softball world's fascination with D1 schools.

D1 focuses more on Athletics than Academics? You couldn't be more wrong. I have witnessed kids get passed up at the D1 level solely because of academics. I'm sure the parents of players going to Harvard, Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Washington, Texas, Florida (a few of the top 50 National schools in the latest US News report) would highly disagree with you. I know I do. Every kid is different. Some are smarter than others, some are more physically gifted, some have better work ethics. IF the kid wants to go play at the highest level and has the grades (and trust me, that is one of the first things a college coach looks at), then the kid needs to play on a team that gets looks by the coaches. I haven't talked to a select coach yet that promised the world. If I did I would have walked away.
0to60in2.5

by pbj2000 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm

I did read somewhere all of the info I posted...that site will remain nameless...and again we're young...real young.

Just see all of these teams disbanding or changing names for the big org look and i'm wondering is it really all it's cracked up to be? I may be singing a different tune in 4 or 5 years...but all the mud slinging going around because of big org promises just doesn't make any sense to me. :roll:
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by honcho55 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

While I agree that D1 is the promised land, I HAVE heard promises, and bad mouthing of other groups, etc. And in my view some organizations pushing their agenda ahead of the kids, just to fly a flag on their website touting all of the Big 12, and SEC committments is a disservice to the parent AND the kid. By your own numbers, 12 scholarships for 16-21 roster in college lets you see that there are far more partials than fulls given. A lot of organizations don't make that abundantly clear! I fault the parents as much as the organizations for not doing due diligence. My DD is a hs sophomore, getting looks now, but I also know that if she wants to, and if the money is right we'll look D1. However, our org. WILL NOT push me to taking a partial if a full D2 is on the table and works better for my kid or family. I also know from my playing days in FB, that there is a % of kids that just aren't ready. I think all org. have their place, but I would beseech all parents to do their homework! Ask the head of these org. for the list of their alumni, and where they went....see how many are still there, see how many contributed! See how many are still even playing ball! This should be about DEVELOPING our girls into independent, confident ladies with their DEGREES. Not about trying to "push" players into places, or making so many promises if for no other reason than to make sure some other team doesn't get them. If you as parents contact the schools interested, and play on a team that plays at ASA nationals and/or College Exposures and have a coach that works with you as well, you will be seen and don't have to play(or sit the bench) at the other big groups. I will now get off my soap box! Honcho Out! :ugeek:
honcho55

by CHUCK ROAST » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

u r all so full of it.the diamonds will not move this year because they have parents that are afraid to change. do not blame glory or any other club.
name me any good teams at 18 gold that are stand along teams.there may be a few but show me their record for signing to top ranked schools.
i could give a flip about glory but the proof is in the pudding. i know you people have internet or you could not be reading the rant.go to their site or most any true top level club & see for yourself their success rate.how stupid can you be sure tons on their players get cut- quit--or just dont make it. that is life do you really think everything your dd tries will turn out ok sometimes failure is part of the process.if you are that soft & thin skined try checkers.or maybe move in a plastic bubble or do like some parents stick ur head in the sand.
CHUCK ROAST

PreviousNext

Return to TX