14U
1. Firecrackers dfw Gold
2. Carolina Elite
3. Texas Bombers HTX Garcia
3. Delaware Cobras Edwards

Good showing by our Texas teams!!!
Lone Staarr

by orange socks » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Thanks for posting. Great to see TX teams representing in NYC and KC.
orange socks

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:13 pm

While I haven't done extensive research, it does appear to me that this could be the year where a non-So Cal team takes home the 18U title at PGF. From the results I've seen, past powerhouses such as FC-Rico and to a lesser extent OCBB-Stith seem more vulnerable than in previous years.

As much as I'd like to see So Cal carry the torch once again, I think it would be good for the sport as a whole for a team from another area to win.

Good luck to all!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lone Staarr » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:52 pm

I hear you fastpitchdad!
Lone Staarr

by Lone Staarr » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:59 pm

This week's team in the spotlight!

Per watching through flosoftball the 14u division champion was led by swift running and gap hitting Mackenzie Denson. UTA commit Mackenzie and Texas A&M commit Trinity Cannon helped power an offense that jumped to early lead in the championship game that was just enough to withstand a late rally by Carolina Elite.

Shorthanded in the pitching department due to injury Cally(uncommitted) was able to come in and hold opponents in every game throughout the tournament to come away with a victory or a save. It was no different in the championship game!

Overall a great team effort as the defense was able to do enough behind Jordyn(uncommitted) and Cally to win the national title.

This same group of talented players will head off to California to play in the biggest event in the country, Premier Girls Fastpitch simply known as PGF! July 31 to August 6th. Keep your eye out for the firecrackers-dfw 14U gold!
Lone Staarr

Return to TX