Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

PGF 14U and 16U

by Hurricane » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:28 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Wait! What? Campbell was actually coaching his own team? :mrgreen:
well, then definitely congrats to him and his TEAM.

I'm sure you have some basis for this comment, but I have never seen any of his teams coached by anyone else all the way back to his Victory USA days. I watched part or all of several of their PGF games and he was highly active, including being the 3rd base coach.

Along that lines I mentioned somewhere that I was very surprised to see that Tony Rico barely left the dugout during the PGF 18U games and seems to have taken more of an advisory role on that team, unlike in years passed.

It only takes once, FPDad05. Hence, my comment. He knows, too. You probably missed it.

As I said, there is likely some basis to your comment. Perhaps he learned from that one experience?

You know what, FPdad05? You are probably correct.

He won PGF the following year and was more involved with the team and "friendlier" to the players and families, too. He didn't seem so bitter about life. Maybe he was having some personal problems the season before. ?

Unfortunately - for the children he coached - they had to suffer through that season - his erratic behavior cost them a year of development and confidence.

I do indeed think he had learned from it. Good point! For the children he coaches, I hope it was an aberration...and, I am glad he is now back to being a positive influence on young girls again.
Hurricane

Previous

Return to TX