Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Sue Enquist, Early Recruting

by PDad » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
PDad wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
PDad wrote:I'll add some softball players get a token amount (e.g. books only) so they can participate in NLI and be eligible for benefits restricted to those receiving athletic aid. That doesn't happen in baseball since they have a minimum schollie of 25%.

Yea your correct on those numbers... But the baseball 25% is off cause they do offer many "preferred walk-on" opportunities I will say. UCLA is famous for that especially for local players. The SEC routinely offers them as well.

Seriously?! "Preferred walk-on" is not an athletic $chollie.

I understand that clearly. Doesn't stop the schools from using it as a recruiting tool. It happens much more than you think. Especially at public schools with in-state players where tuition is somewhat affordable.

Again, absolutely baseball does this. I can name several players using it as a tool. I don't care what the by-laws say. It's happening.

I never said nor implied baseball players aren't recruited as walk-ons and I'm well aware of the prevalence of walk-ons. You've apparently misinterpreted what I said to mean everyone is getting at least 25%, which is obviously not true. The fact that the minimum baseball athletic schollie is 25% doesn't preclude non-schollie players getting 0% - it just means anyone getting some athletic money is getting at least 25%.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lone Staarr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:51 pm

We can dress it however we want but IMO i think they will go to "soft" verbals just like football. 50% in softball is like 100% in football. That's how everyone sees it anyway. lol

With "soft" verbals colleges will not have to take out their dirty laundry like Sue Enquist is implying. Not dirty laundry but you get the point.

The word out there is that a few major Universities are just going to hang tight, let everyone else verbal players then they will come in their Junior year or Senior of high school and make offers then. That would end early recruiting also. lol
Lone Staarr

Previous

Return to TX