Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas State HS predictions

by orange socks » Wed May 24, 2017 1:34 pm

GAME 1 – 5 P.M. THURSDAY, UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
GAME 2 – 5 P.M. FRIDAY, UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
GAME 3 (IF NEEDED) – 30M AFTER GAME 2 – UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON

Preview: Two teams that have won state titles (DP ’14, Katy ’15). Two district champs. Two teams that can win it all. Katy hasn’t lost a game this postseason, and will look to ride sophomore stud pitcher Alyssa LeBlanc. Deer Park has won its last two series in Game 3 thrillers. In two early season matchups, Katy took down Deer Park, 5-4 and 3-0.
Prediction: Katy’s top to bottom lineup too much for Deer Park, Tigers advance in two games.
– VYPE Digital Content Editor/West Houston reporter Matt Reese — @Matt_Reese13

6A-II: THE WOODLANDS (31-9) V. AUSTIN BOWIE (20-2)
GAME 1: 4:30 P.M. FRIDAY, MUMFORD HS
GAME 2: 30 MINUTES FOLLOWING GAME 1, MUMFORD HS
GAME 3 (IF NEEDED): 7 P.M. SATURDAY, MUMFORD HS

Preview: Austin Bowie beat Oak Ridge in a three-game thriller to advance to the Class 6A Region II semis. Can they knock off the War Eagles’ district-mate The Woodlands for the right to get to state? The Highlanders must beat Alexander McLennan to advance, which will take patience. The Woodlands has a salty lineup. Emily Langkamp must be solid on the mound and her battery-mate Kelcy Leach is a beast at the plate. Watch for youngsters Abby Jones, Skylar Sirdashney and Amanda Curran and Abbey Newlun to play good defense and put together some runs.
Prediction: The Woodlands in 3
— VYPE Chief Content Officer Matt Malatesta

5A-I: WILLIS (37-6) V. BARBERS HILL (33-3)
GAME 1: 7:30 P.M. THURSDAY, UH
GAME 2: 5 P.M. SATURDAY, UH
GAME 3 (IF NEEDED): 30 MINUTES FOLLOWING GAME 2, UH

Previews/Predictions:
– Northeast HTX’s @Jokoch9: Powered by Meagan King — Texas State pledge — in the circle and at the plate, Barbers Hill is a favorite to get back to Austin again for the first time since 2014. Many of the seniors on this year’s squad were on that 2014 team three years ago. Barbers Hill moves on in 3 games.
– North HTX’s Todd James: For the first time ever, Willis has reached the Regional Final. Their reward? The high-powered Barbers Hill team led by Meagan King. Willis has come back from early deficits in the past two rounds, but will need to get to King and the Eagles early. Willis in 3. They’re a team of destiny, playing with a ton of confidence and have come through in the clutch all playoffs. Casey Dixon, pitcher, is a grinder.

5A-IV: FOSTER (33-2) V. DRIPPING SPRINGS (33-7)
GAME 1: 7 P.M. THURSDAY, WEIMAR HS
GAME 2: 5 P.M. FRIDAY, WEIMAR HS
GAME 3 (IF NEEDED): 30 MINUTES FOLLOWING GAME 2, WEIMAR HS

Preview: Foster has given up 40 runs all year. 40. Let that that sink in. The Lady Falcons have outscored their opponents 42-4 in the playoffs and have shown no signs of weakness. Dripping Springs staved of elimination after losing Game 1 against Austin High in the Regional quarters, but have won four straight since.
Prediction: Foster continues to dominate, takes down D.S. in two games :shock:
— VYPE Digital Content Editor/West Houston reporter Matt Reese — @Matt_Reese13
orange socks

by dripsprings » Thu May 25, 2017 6:57 am

Couple problems with Vype's post.

Austin Bowie won in one game (9 innings) vs. Oak Ridge!

Vype also forgot to mention Dripping Springs swept Angleton which split with Foster and also swept CC Carroll previously rank #1, they had some great stats too...

We shall see tonight Game 1 DS vs Foster
dripsprings

by orange socks » Thu May 25, 2017 10:50 am

Yes! I saw that. Let's not confuse these reporters with the facts.

Best of luck tonight!
orange socks

by orange socks » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 am

An update for the 3 people following this thread! :lol:

6A
Deer Park beats Katy
Plano West beats Keller
Brennan beats NB Canyon
Bowie vs The Woodlands-first game today

5A
Foster beats Dripping Springs
Willis beats Barbers Hill
Canyon beats El Paso
Forney beats The Colony
orange socks

by dripsprings » Fri May 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Maybe the Vype reporter would like to drink some Dripping Springs Vodka while they eat those words!!
dripsprings

by orange socks » Sat May 27, 2017 4:20 am

Advancing to State
6A-
Deer Park
Plano West vs Keller--plays today
Brennan
Bowie

5A
Dripping Springs :D
Willis vs Barbers Hill plays today
Canyon
Forney vs The Colony plays today
orange socks

by Opposite Field » Tue May 30, 2017 11:55 am

I followed the Foster/DS series on Gamechanger and it looked as close as the scores indicated. I don't have a dog in the hunt other than my DD used to play in Foster's district and I coached some of the girls on that Foster team many years ago.

I'll add that in the other HS softball thread that mid way through the year I noted somewhere that Foster or Angleton would have to go through Dripping Springs in region IV to get to state.

Txprepsoftball.net did a season preview this year based on coaches responses and had DS winning its district and ranked it first in region IV. Had Willis third in region III. It only costs $10 to subscribe to the site for a year so if your daughter is playing again next year it will probably be worth it to pay that amount that helps keep the site running. Coach Hicks puts a lot of time in to get scores and try to keep standings up to date. Some great Texas softball history on the site as well. /Commercial over :D

I wish we had more conversation on here about softball from all over the state. With my DD graduating this year I'll probably tone down my 5 or 6 posts a year dramatically.
Opposite Field

by dripsprings » Tue May 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for the reply! The DS vs Foster series was great! 2 very competitive teams with quality pitchers and solid hitting that kept every game close.

I am also a member of Txprepsoftball and Billy Hicks is a great guy that does a lot for the sport! I agree go pay the $10 and support a great website!!

Any predictions for State tourney??
dripsprings

by Opposite Field » Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

I'll take a stab but haven't seen most of these teams in person so just going off of who beat who to get where they are for the most part.

6A - I think Keller repeats. I wonder if the road Deer Park had with Katy and Kingwood two of the last 3 weeks has beat them down a little too much. Looked at Bowie's path and they really had some impressive wins.

5A - I'll go with Willis but think if Dripping Springs wins they will be the favorite to take it all. Angleton and Foster are great wins to have on a resume but my opinion is that there are 4 to 5 teams in region III that would normally beat them in a series. One game at a time at state, so who knows?
Opposite Field

by dripsprings » Wed May 31, 2017 11:01 am

Prediction for State...

4A Final
Liberty Hill vs Beeville - Liberty Hill caps off a great year with the win.

5A Final
Dripping Springs vs The Colony - Dripping wins a close pitching dual.

6A Final
Deer Park vs Bowie - Deer Park wins to close out a great run for that team!!
dripsprings

PreviousNext

Return to TX