Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas State HS predictions

by orange socks » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Here are the 2017 predictions from TX prep softball.

Start talking people!!! I hear that Deer Park is not as strong nor is Klein Oak. . It's all hearsay though. Curious how Cy Ranch will do. I would think Pearland would be somewhere on this list. Any dark horses out there that will emerge!!!

UIL - CONFERENCE 6A

STATEWIDE TOP 10 PREDICTIONS (with 2016 season record)

1. Humble Kingwood (32-7)
2. Deer Park (33-4)
3. Katy (32-10)
4. Weslaco (33-8)
5. Plano West (28-5)
6. Houston Cypress Ranch (25-9)
7. Keller Timber Creek (27-10)
8. Northside Brennan
9. Fort Bend Ridge Point (32-7)
10. Klein Oak

REGIONAL TOP 5 PREDICTIONS (with 2016 season record)

REGION 1
1. Plano West
2. Keller Timber Creek
3. Flower Mound
4. Denton Guyer
5. Keller

REGION 2
1. Klein Oak
2. Round Rock Cedar Ridge
3. Conroe The Woodlands
4. Pflugerville Hendrickson
5. Rockwall-Heath

REGION 3
1. Humble Kingwood
2. Deer Park
3. Katy
4. Houston Cypress-Ranch
5. Fort Bend Ridge Point

REGION 4
1. Weslaco
2. Northside Brennan
3. New Braunfels Canyon
4. San Benito
5. San Antonio Southwest
orange socks

by orange socks » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Playoffs start today!!! Region 2 predictions had Klein Oak atop. They actually finished 3rd in district behind Klein Collins and Memorial which I think both of these teams should make a decent run. First Round Bi-District games should be predictable.

Katy is looking pretty strong. Pearland will keep the games close but are beatable this year.. Cy Ranch will go deep.

Region 3 bottom bracket is tough. Kingwood and Dickinson will most likely face off in the 2nd round. Brazoswood and Deer Park facing each other in the 2nd round as well. Brutal!!!
orange socks

by orange socks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Well that escalated quickly. Some bracket busting up in here.

Dickinson Out
Alvin Out
Pearland Out
Brazoswood Out
orange socks

by Opposite Field » Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am

I followed those two districts pretty close this year and some of those results were pretty shocking. However, Dawson beat Pearland twice and played Brazoswood and George Ranch close in all 4 games. Friendswood has only that one loss to Brazoswood and an extra inning loss to Alvin in the last 12 games so they have been hot for a while. I was at the GR/Dickinson series and it is just amazing how momentum can swing. GR was down 6-0 in the top of the first in Game 3 and went on to outscore them 22-1 over the next 4 innings. Pearland was up and down all year but expected them to make it to round 2.

That being said, hard to bet against Katy, Ridge Point, Deer Park and Kingwood this week. I think the middle of the bracket may have some upsets though.

Angleton and Dripping Springs looks like the matchup of the week in 5A.
Opposite Field

by orange socks » Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 am

Next round is where is gets interesting. Lots of great match ups this week.
6A
My favorites are Katy and I can't choose between Deer Park and Kingwood
Games to watch:
Klein Collins vs Cedar Ridge
Ridge Point vs Katy
Bellaire vs Cy Ranch
Deer Park vs Kingwood

5A
My favorites are Willis and Foster
Games to watch
Crosby and Kingwood Park
Brenham and Magnolia West
orange socks

by Opposite Field » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 am

Katy continues to roll and Deer Park won a very tough series with Kingwood. Would have liked to have watched those games. I wasn't giving Cy-Ranch much credit before but they have looked really good so far. Glad to see The Woodlands doing well after what must have been a very tough year last year for those girls.

Foster has not had a tough game yet so we'll see if they finally get tested this week against CC Tuloso-Midway. 5A Region III seems wide open. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of those 4 in Austin.

In 6A Plano West was one of my early favorites and they are still hanging in there.
Opposite Field

by orange socks » Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 am

I think Katy is going directly to state. I think Cy Ranch goes down this week vs Deer Park. And yes Foster has only allowed 2 runs in the playoffs, but the path has been weak. I think they win and they play CC Carroll which will be the biggest test.

Region III-5A-You have Willis, Barbers Hill and Brenham. I think Willis will play Barbers Hill next week. Willis goes on to state.

Lots a great match ups this week.
orange socks

by dripsprings » Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 am

Doesn't look like the 5A predictions worked out very well? Maybe people should look at who teams play rather than stats! Easy to have few loses and great stats when you play cupcakes all the time!

Dripping Springs swept Angleton and swept Carroll both series not very close! Might be time to give Dripping a little respect?

Any predictions on Dripping Springs vs Foster game??
dripsprings

by orange socks » Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 am

Wecome to the conversation. I don't think your program was ever disrespected. I am just not familiar with DS. My subsequent predictions and information is based on what I know about programs in the Houston area. It has to be noted that I have no affiliation with TXprepsoftball.net I only posted their predictions from his page from the beginning of the season.

It would be great if someone could provide some insight on programs in the Austin and Dallas areas, but unfortunately you came in after the fact DS has had their success. It would have been a whole lot cooler if you came in before the playoffs started. I have no dog in the hunt by the way. Great wins against CC Carroll and Angleton.

So to answer your question about my prediction for the DS vs Foster game....hmmmm...Since my DD has two TB teammates on her team I am rooting for Foster. But me being selfish I would prefer Foster to lose so those players can fully participate in TB workouts and upcoming round robins! HA!

But as I have said before I like Willis and Foster, but Barbers Hill might be the one that takes out Willis. Will DS drop Foster??? Let's see!!! Should be an awesome series. Good luck to all teams!!!

Edit to add: Thank you for producing Dripping Springs Vodka!!!!

6A
Cy Ranch/Deer Park series was a great one.
Katy vs Deer Park---Can Katy be stopped???
The Woodlands vs Bowie--Gotta be rooting for The Woodlands
orange socks

by dripsprings » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks for the welcome just found the conversation this week. My comment was in reply to the May 15 comment above where it is just assumed Foster would be playing CC Carroll for their 1st real test. Think a lot of people made that assumption incorrectly. Understand its hard to keep track of all the teams in this great softball state!!

I know I am a little bias as I have a stake in the game but looking at strength of schedule and playoff performance I would give the edge to DS. As far as the other games my picks are The Colony, Barbers Hill and Canyon.

6A
Katy vs Deer Park will be a really good one.. I think Katy will find a way to win looking at the depth of their lineup.

The Woodlands vs Austin Bowie - DS beat The Woodlands at Sienna Plantation early in the year so we have seen them play and they are a very good team. Austin Bowie is very scrappy but not as deep in the lineup. I think The Woodlands comes out the winner, BUT I am cheering for Bowie!!

EDIT: Always ready to talk softball with some DS Vodka and a lime!!
dripsprings

Next

Return to TX