Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Downstate Rippers

by Dog20 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Based in Southern IL. The Downstate Rippers Softball Organziation has teams from 8U up to 18U, and play in tournaments in IL, IN, MO, KY, and TN, and select National events.

Open tryouts are this Sunday, 08-09-09, at Ray Fosse Park in Marion, IL. The park is along State Highway 13 on the East end of town. Registration begins at 1:00 PM, with tryouts starting at 2:00 PM.

If interested in tryouts or our organization, check out or website at http://www.downstaterippers.com .
Last edited by Dog20 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the drama for your Momma. Just play ball !!!
Dog20

by Cannonball » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:12 pm

The Downstate Rippers have a great reputation in our area. They are a little to for south for us.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Cannonball » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Cannonball wrote:The Downstate Rippers have a great reputation in our area. They are a little to for south for us.

Just curious. What do you consider too far of a drive for a team?

Over an hour and a half away. We have good programs available to my child but we did consider trying out for this team. We have an acquantance that works in this program and so, I contacted him for a private tryout. However, I simply could not get my daughter to all of these various activities. They play "South" of their location into Kentucky and Tennessee and so, for us that'd be 5 hour drives. Living in the Metro East portion of Illinois and 20 miles east of St. Louis, typically we can tryout for a lot of teams should we desire to do so. We've remained local for my dd's team. She's not a world beater like some of your daughters.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Dog20 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Downstate Rippers '94 (14U) are looking for a pitcher / utility player to finish out the 2008 season. If selected, the player would be placed in a 3 pitcher rotation, and bring our roster to 11. We have a few tournaments left; a couple in KY and TN, the rest in IL and IN. We also play in a league consisting of area travel teams (as far North as Nashville and South as Herrin). We finish our season by mid July and then have open tryouts in early August. If interested check out our website at http://www.downstaterippers.com to get team contact information. Thanks for any and all interest! :D
Save the drama for your Momma. Just play ball !!!
Dog20

Return to IL