Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Tip & Drills

The Toss Drill

Must be a registered user to be able to post.

by CoachKnutson » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 am

This is a drill that I use almost every practice for a few minutes. Form a circle of players, the player with the ball uses an easy under hand throw to the next player to her left and the ball goes to each player all the way around the circle. The players get low, by that I mean they should flex their knees and get into an athletic position, and use both hands to receive the ball and make a quick transition to toss the ball to the next player in line. See just how fast they can get it around the circle. Add a second or third ball into the circle once the players start getting the hang of it. The person throwing the ball must make sure the next person in line is looking before throwing, reverse direction to the right so your players get use to making a throw either direction. This drill insures that your players are getting a lot of repetition in a short amount of time. Practice this simple drill now when there is no pressure on your players. Before you know it, you will see them use it in a game and it will look natural. If you don’t practice it, you will see some struggles, errors and runs given up.
CoachKnutson

by Tommyd21 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:52 pm

HOW FAR APART DO THE GIRLS STAND FROM EACH OTHER.. I LIKE THIS IDEA YOU HAVE A VIDEO? 4159028812 THANKS I AM A NEW 10'S COACH.
Tommyd21

Return to Tip & Drills