Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA High School

Etiwanda @ Rancho Cucamonga 3-16

by oldNlazy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 pm

After being upset by Los Osos on Wednesday, Etiwanda came loaded for bear or should I say Cougars. On their last visit to this park the Eagles hit 8 HRs. They only managed 3 today but they did pound out 20 hits. Heroes were abundant led by Desiree Gonzalez with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs, Delaney Spaulding 5-5 with 3 RBIs and Jenna Isel also 5-5. Monique Wesley allowed only 2 hits and struck out 12.
Etiwanda 3 3 0 2 2 1 5=16
Rancho Cucamonga 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 =1

Isel led off the game with a single to left and went to 2nd when the left-fielder couldn't field the ball cleanly. She went to 3rd on a wild pitch and scored on Taukeiaho's sac fly. Spaulding then singled to right and Gonzalez hit it out of the park to LF. One brief murmur of protest in the bottom of the 1st for Rancho as Katee Aguirre homered to LF. After that Wesley retired 10 in a row including 7 strikeouts. The 1st 2 Eagles went out quickly in the 2nd before the top of the order took over. Isel collected an IF hit and Taukeiaho hit a monster drive to right that left no doubt. Spaulding and Gonzalez singled and Rentschler rapped an RBI single to CF.

The top of the order came up again in the 3rd and the Eagles were off again. Isel doubled to left and moved up on a wild pitch. Taukeiaho drew a semi-intentional walk and stole 2nd. One run scored on Spaulding's single and another on Gonzalez's ground ball. They got 1 more in the 5th as walks to Valenzuela and Silva and Isel's IF single loaded the bases. After a force out at the plate Spaulding picked up an RBI with an IF single. Gonzalez led off the 6th with another HR and Etiwanda had a 10 run lead.

By this time it was getting very dark and chilly an the fans would have been happy to go home but the Eagles weren't finished scoring. Again it was the top of the order that did the damage. With a runner on 1st via an error Isel singled to CF and went to 2nd on the throw. Spaulding doubled off the top of the CF fence for 2 runs and Rentschler followed with a screamer that was too hot for the 1st baseman to handle. Ramos then doubled to right to score a run and an E-3 plated another. A single by Chavez accounted for the final score.
oldNlazy

by Trophy Hunter » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:12 am

Doesn't CIF have a mercy rule?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by girlerl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 am

15 after 5
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it." -- Rogers Hornsby, two-time National League MVP and 1926 World Series Champion
girlerl

by oldNlazy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm

There is no mercy rule in CIF.
oldNlazy

Return to CA High School