Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA High School

Mission Viejo @ Los Alamitos

by oldNlazy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Mission Viejo 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 =1
Los Alamitos 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 =0

When I saw Los Al pitcher Andie Formby on crutches I knew it might be a long day for the Griffins but Halle Humphrey filled in admirably. The only problem was she wasn't quite as good as Taylor McQuillin. If you arrived 10 minutes late you missed all the scoring. Maybe Humphrey was nervous or maybe she didn't get fully warmed up but she immediately found herself up to her hips in Diablos. With 1 out in the 1st Roberson beat out an IF hit and Palomino slapped a single to left. C. Ybarra's IF hit loaded the bases and Shafer got an RBI single to CF. Palomino doubled her 2nd time up in the 3rd but died on 2nd. Scheele led off the 3rd for the Griffins with a double but they popped up the attempted sacrifice and the next 2 batters struck out. Johnson led off the MV 5th with a single but was immediately erased in a double play. Medina got a 1-out single in the 5th and Crissman reached 3rd after a double and a wild pitch but Los Al couldn't get the clutch hit. In the bottom of the 7th Sellers walked with 1 out. Once again the bunt was popped up but Scheele's single to left was so sharply hit I doubt the pinch runner would have scored from 2nd. The game ended surprisingly when the same pinch runner was thrown out trying to steal 3rd. McQuillin struck out 9 Griffins.
Last edited by oldNlazy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldNlazy

by Clean_up » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm

McQuillin is the proper spelling.. Thanks for the recap.. :)
Last edited by Clean_up on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clean_up

by chromo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Hackers
Last edited by chromo on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
chromo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hot Carl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 am

chromo wrote:Too bad the MV coach doesn't know due to his prejudice and ignorance that 2 of his former players are better than what he has. Maybe he would develop the confidence rather than his structured method to acknowledge he could be a better coach if he wasn't a biased individual. I know for a fact the best player that could have been on his team declined to play ti season, and another one who would have been his best power hitter id also, and his bench players can perform better than his nuggets.

chromo, what is it with you calling out other local high school coaches?
you did the same thing last year, ripping on just about every sunset league coach when someone commented on your school's weak preseason schedule.
maybe you should look in the mirror, since last year, your jv team that you coached had boyfriends in the dugout and players texting during games.
http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=401&t=23494
Easy Peasy Japanesey...
Hot Carl

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am

Hackers :shock: :shock: Uhm, ok!!

One thing I can't stand is people who complain about this player and that player and my kid (or in this case some other non-related kid) is better than the kids on the field who are......WAIT FOR IT......WINNING GAMES!!!!!

The kids on the field are working their butts off and they are there for a reason. No excuses!!!
Sftbll4ever

by Hot Carl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 am

chromo, so i see you woke up sober and went back and deleted your moronic comments, just like last year.
too bad your post was already immortalized by the quote box huh?
Easy Peasy Japanesey...
Hot Carl

by utility » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 am

Hot Carl wrote:
chromo wrote:Too bad the MV coach doesn't know due to his prejudice and ignorance that 2 of his former players are better than what he has. Maybe he would develop the confidence rather than his structured method to acknowledge he could be a better coach if he wasn't a biased individual. I know for a fact the best player that could have been on his team declined to play ti season, and another one who would have been his best power hitter id also, and his bench players can perform better than his nuggets.

chromo, what is it with you calling out other local high school coaches?
you did the same thing last year, ripping on just about every sunset league coach when someone commented on your school's weak preseason schedule.
maybe you should look in the mirror, since last year, your jv team that you coached had boyfriends in the dugout and players texting during games.
http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=401&t=23494

It seems the MV coach might know just a little something......take a look at their record!!!!

Sounds as if it was a great game.

Congrats to both teams for great starts this season!!
utility

by NumeroUno » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am

First the other guy from Foothill hit the road now Chrome has gone under ground. What's going on here? Quit demanding the truth you are running off customers :lol:

Next thing you know you will want Obama and all the Presidential candidates to speak the truth :roll:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by chromo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Hot Carl is right. I was just overfilled at Oggi's with the facts of life . Now I wonder who else is up all night long repeating my posts I have deleted.
Last edited by chromo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
chromo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 am

chromo wrote:Hot Carl is right. I was just overfilled at Oggi's with the facts of life, CIF SS had stupid rules about no TB coach contact with hs players because tbe coaches would groom ( prepare, train, develop) their tb players and then insert them into the various HS teams they coached, at the detriment of hs kids who didn't play tb, or didn't play tb on the hs coach's team, or whatever, and that is what actually happens all over the place. Facts of life. Doesn't mean the kids and their coaching don't earn their kudos, just means that it is wrong and unfair ( like life) that the practical effect is " hey, we have prepped these players off season, and so we only have 1, 2,3 openings on Varsity for your kid, no matter how good she is, and also we have a tough time standing up to the tb kids we groomed and playing the others fairly in place of them..." Re: last year's Edison rant, where is that coach now? Facebook problems? OC Register comments about why Edison, an open enrollment school that sucks off players from NMUSD unfairly, can't finish the job? Re: boyfriends in the dugout, when I learned the JV team I coached had missing players who were ditching to see their boyfriends, I made the boyfriends attend practices and games, and we won 8-0 our first 8 games and won a tournament. Then they hit the Sunset League and, since my pitcher was taken up to Varsity, we got killed, as we should have. Yes, I did lots of things like feed my players Taco Bell at practice or have them hit potatoes, or God forbid, let every player play at least an inning in every game. So I'll direct my next yearly rant at the Newport parent who pointed this out. My last rant was to challenge hs coaches to adjust the hs experience to what it is, hs ball, not travel ball. There are more complicated considerations than the won-loss record. Anyway, the HS coach is a great coach, the kids are great players, and there are other players who are good enough who deserved opportunities. That's just the way it is. Almost 500 views of this post, not necessary. Only thing I can say to end is, when I or someone deletes a post, and then you repost it, you are the purveyor of the comments. Don't repost. You can slam me all you want, but you can't repost something you find bad and then avoid the fact you reposted it. working on my next blast of the Newport parent, so out for now. Chromo. By the way , Harbor parent, we could hear your griping all the way into the parking lot.

Seems you were back at Oggi's again tonight. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

Next

Return to CA High School