Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Crypto Currency

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by NumeroUno » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Has anyone invested in crypto currency. Like bitcoin or any of them?

I was told a year ago to buy a couple hundred dollars worth and i didn’t do. The guy that told me invested 5000 n just cashed in for 850,000 n still has thousands of coins. Crazy.

So three months ago i started putting a little money in weekly. I have now put in 2900 n i have built it up to 14,000. I can’t believe it.

I read about it every day studied it n took an online class that i listened to while driving to my jobs n games n fishing trips.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm

All prices dropped but on the rise again.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:59 pm

I follow a simple rule when investing of not investing in anything I truly do not understand- Bitcoin and the like fit that category.

Having said that I know of a few friends that like Uno have dabbled with some "pocket" change in the crypto market

Possibly a good hedge investment similar to gold, but probably not the place to invest your whole life savings and the volatility is not for the faint of heart.

The concept of the crypto currencies is interesting, but the current marketplace has all the signs of a real bubble(i.e. tulips, tech etc) Too many are buying it for speculation and far too few are using it as a payment system. You can make money, but the key is knowing when to get out!
jonriv

by eclipse09 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 pm

The closest thing to investing for me was buying a bunch of worthless baseball cards in the 80's and early 90's. Good news for me is I traded a rookie Canseco for a bunch of cool 70's cards. :lol: :lol:
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Ya I was told only to invest what ur willing to lose, sort of like going to Vegas. So far it’s been good. It dropped today n will go back up so good time to buy in. I paid a hundred n something for an online class. A month or so ago. I did just what i was instructed to do started with 400 of his advice n just cashed out $2800. Not bad
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 am

"Bulls make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs get slaughtered"
jonriv

by Skarp » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 am

I've got a decent position. As has often been said, BC is either going to zero or it is going to the moon. I personally believe it will be the latter. We're talking about money with no need for a third-party guarantor, and which is not subject to governmental restrictions on movement, transactions, or transfer, anywhere on the planet. The value proposition for that is so compelling that it's hard for me to imagine it not panning out.

Bitcoin and the blockchain have the potential to reconfigure the way we organize ourselves as societies. As different as our lives were before the internet compared to today, that's how different our lives might be after a full implementation of the blockchain and it's various applications (including crypto-currencies). And that process is methodically unfolding as we speak. EVERYONE should have some investment exposure in this space, IMO.

As far as following daily/weekly/monthly price moves, the only reason I do any of that is to add to my position when cyclical bottoms seem to be in. I never sell, so I guess I'm a HODLer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodl
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to The Pub