Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

How Is Your MLB Team Doing ? & New Rules

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:48 am

I prefer National League baseball and I'm originally from Jersey ... So in the NL , the NY Mets are my team ... Loving their 7 & 1 start ... If they can avoid the injuries that have hurt them the past few years it will be a fun season ... American League, I support the Yanks, but I wouldn't say I'm a 'fan' ... My first MLB ball game was a Yankee game with my Dad and I did go to several games over the years ... In the late 80's, we were Mets season ticket holders for a couple years (back when a regular Joe could afford season tickets).

The new rules ? ... My jury is still out ... I do think there needed to be efforts to speed up the game ... Their version of ITB sort of makes sense to me. Who wants to sit through 6 extra innings when beer concessions close in the 7th ? A man could die of thirst.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Yankees are my team. I have been a fan since the Horace Clark days. Greg Nettles was my favorite growing up My Mom grew up in the Bronx as a Yankee fans and my Dad as a Yankee fan(Dodger country back then)

Like most of the rules to speed up pace of play. MLB could learn some things from fast pitch. Wish they would keep batters in the box and call the whole strike zone
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Saw my first in person St. Louis Cardinal game in 1964 (yeah I'm old) and have been a fan ever since. Don't follow baseball, or really any sport like I used to, due to softball, but can't wait to visit the new Busch Stadium.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do ANYTHING to speed up the game!
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to The Pub