Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

PAY FOR PLAY THOUGHTS

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by alldonenow » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 am

The biggest college admissions scam ever prosecuted in the US is a harsh reminder that wealthy families can cheat their way to even greater privilege. And some say this scandal is just the tip of the iceberg.

Another big unknown: how many other similar cheating schemes might be out there.

I can't believe this isn't a HB topic....
alldonenow

by jonriv » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

Imagine if these people had justivested some of the money for tutors??
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:14 pm

This whole thing is going to get crazy. What happens to these kids in college when the schools find out they don’t belong?

Sorry we know it’s your senior year but your mom and dad cheated the system and other deserving kids were turned away because of what your parents did. So pack up n good luck!!
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm

I feel bad for the kids(and athletes) that did not get in because their slots were taken by these losers
jonriv

by Schmick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Claiming to be something you are not in order to gain an advantage is not illegal or immoral if you apologize profusely twenty or so years after you get caught, so I'm told.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Warren
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:33 pm

Looks like they have the parents on fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud and tax fraud

Several ceos have been put on leave or have resigned

Real smart-if you are in the securities business a felony will cost your license. Same for attorneys. Nice

BTW. All but one of the fifty are large Democratic Party donators. Have to love the hypocrisy
jonriv

by Schmick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

jonriv wrote:Looks like they have the parents on fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud and tax fraud

Several ceos have been put on leave or have resigned

Real smart-if you are in the securities business a felony will cost your license. Same for attorneys. Nice

BTW. All but one of the fifty are large Democratic Party donators. Have to love the hypocrisy

Standard
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by alldonenow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am

WOW I didn't catch that. That is even more interesting. UCLA indicated today that they are reviewing every scenario and will decide on a case by case basis, however if they find a student signed the application and lied they are "out", Seems fair to me.

I also find it very interesting that they all seem to be Caucasian.
alldonenow

by Schmick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:26 pm

alldonenow wrote:

WOW I didn't catch that. That is even more interesting. UCLA indicated today that they are reviewing every scenario and will decide on a case by case basis, however if they find a student signed the application and lied they are "out", Seems fair to me.

I also find it very interesting that they all seem to be Caucasian.

If they were not Caucasian they wouldn't have had to have met as high of admission standards, thanks to affirmative action, and wouldn't have had to cheat on their applications and/or entrance exams.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cwcivicgrl » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Gamal "Aziz" Abdelaziz, I-Hin "Joey" Cehen, Manuel Henriquez, Homayoun Zadeh, Dave Sidoo, Jorge Salcedo

Are not Caucasian and I'm sure some of the others aren't either.

I do not believe ethnicity has anything to do with this scandal being to wealthy for your own good and cheating the system is what this is truly about.

These schools need to be punished by the law as well, they had a responsibility to double check the facts on these students. For example the kid who never played soccer and the kid who never did crew, The child who never attended some of the tennis matches she claimed she won. I just don't get that if anyone interviews with my office their references are checked and their employers are contacted.
cwcivicgrl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub