Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Hey, This election is not about race, yeah right!

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Skarp » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:49 am

ocdad wrote:
lol...I knew you would come up with anti-abortion. It's a one hit wonder the left never gets tired of playing. But the fact is that anti-abortion demonstrations are exceedingly rare, and violent manifestations of the belief far rarer still. This isn't a surprise. Extremists always defeat moderates...history is replete with examples.

Laugh away...the joke's on you too.

Ok, I already replied to this but it hasn't shown up, so I will try it again.

Ok, just so much to say about this latest comment. How I became this liberal leftist is beyond me, but that is what I am being associated with. I more of a moderate with a left tendency, but like I said, once someone disagrees with your views they become this bleeding leftist liberal, confirmed by all your examples of the violent rioting caused by leftist. Your definition is right on, but argument is weak, because discussing liberal views has turned into left marxism by your argument. Never the center of my discussion, if you go back and read what I am talking about it is a rebuttal to this anti-obama rhetoric, but go ahead and try to discredit me by association of a leftist, popular weapon of the right.

Abortion is always the most obvious as you stated, but it was more for the audience not us, this topic needs little explanation. Not rare, more numerous than the examples you listed as left extremists and always national attention grabbers, because of the scale to the actual carnage inflicted. Doctors gunned down in their driveways, car bombs placed under clinic workers cars, destroyed clinics that have been torched or bombed, workers harrased as they walk to work. You are right there is no rioting going on, because to have a riot, "you need 2 to tango" and very few people are willing to risk their lives.
I have seen little outrages or condemnation by the mass right wing community - they are condemned by the politicans...now before you go and say not all right wing conservatives have embraced this, you are absolutely correct, this applies to both sides of the spectrum, in this matter I will just say the vast majority. You have the Minute Men, who stated they were out to protect our borders but could do little to hide their racist undertones as traveled across the country armed and ready to shoot.

The peaceful means you discuss could be said for most of the organizations that you listed above. How you bring the Black Panthers into the discussion, they were not political entity. Now the KKK is another matter. David Duke who tried to get elected as a Democrat for Louisana, was only able to be a elected as a Republican under the right wing conservative revival. This is the Grand Wizard, who founded the Neo-Nazi movement in this country. I guess these Republican embraced political entities (by the vote) were very peaceful. Not enough room to elobrate.

You are wrong extremist don't always win, history has proven it with Gandhi, MLK, ...pacifist who were considered leftist liberal in their area & era, but history has proven differently. They were believers in the making a stand for what was right & just.

No you are wrong the joke is not on me, because I wouldn't waste all my time replying to these ridiculous remarks & comments if I did not believe that too many times people have remained quiet while they got brow beaten by similar right wing comments, we are the demise to this country...You make these comments and if people hear it enough times and loud enough they start to believe there is some truth to it, so no joke is on me, because I know the truth of what you are trying to do and what it can do. I will always stand up and speak against it.

OC dad, your examples are as weak as your argument. Minutemen are racist because they want to protect our border? Ummm...okay. Neo-nazis? David Duke? These groups are specifically and loudly disavowed by the Republican party. They aren't welcomed into the fold, given a seat at the table, allowed to impact the party platform the way that Code Pink, PETA, BAMN, CAIR, La Raza, and countless other radical (and often racist) lefty groups are welcomed by the Democrats. Lame comparisons my friend.

The Democratic party has always been the party of racism. They were for racism when they fought the Republicans on slavery, and they are for racism now when they favor race-based preferences and consistently use race and false allegations of racism as a wedge issue to keep their base in line.

[As an aside, here is the Wikipedia article on David Duke. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke He naturally started as a Democrat, THE party of southern racism, but later switched to the Republican party, which has been anything but welcoming to him. The party has endorsed every primary opponent he has had, and has issued specific reprovals to him. In short, the party has consistently disavowed his views and publicly distanced itself from him. Most recently, it elected Bobby Jindal, an Indian American, over him in the race for governor of Louisiana. That's your racist Republican party. :roll: ]

But the issue we were discussing, in case you forgot, is whether conservatives or liberals are more likely to engage in improper and/or criminal acts to achieve their political ends. Any moderately informed and intellectually honest person knows that there is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Forget specific examples, of which I could name hundreds (I believe you are still at one), just look at the demographics. As people get older, have kids, take on real-world responsibilities, become more informed and more sensible, they naturally become more conservative. Younger people are more passionate, and overwhelmingly tend to be more liberal. Older = more rational. Younger = more emotive. Now you tell me, which group is more likely to riot over a political issue. Which is more likely to chain themselves to a tree, or a train? Which is more likely to fire-bomb a car dealership, throw rocks at police, break store windows, overturn cars, accost opposing demonstrators, etc., etc.? And again, feel free to point out all of the examples where proponents of conservative causes have done these things (and yes, fyi, the Black Panthers are proponents of various liberal causes).

BTW, I never called you a liberal leftist. Other than being ignorant or deliberately obtuse, I don't know what you are. And don't much care.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:24 am

ocdad wrote:
You are wrong extremist don't always win, history has proven it with Gandhi, MLK, ...pacifist who were considered leftist liberal in their area & era, but history has proven differently. They were believers in the making a stand for what was right & just.

Inapt counterexamples.

Ask yourself what happens to the Gandhis and MLK's in places like Rwanda, revolutionary China, the former Soviet Union under the Bolsheviks, etc., and then try to make a straight-faced argument that the U.S., or Western democracies in general, are oppressive and racist. In such places they don't just kill the man, they kill the children of his followers. Nobody dissents or follows dissenters in places like that. We remember Gandhi and MLK's names precisely because they weren't facing extremism. Rather, they were opposing civilized, conservative institutions and peoples who by and large played by the rules and cared about right and wrong.

Extremists care only about winning, and will happily break any rules and trample any opposition to do so. "By any means necessary." That's a fair description of many groups and individuals on the left in this country.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hitmechanic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 am

WOW! I can't tell who's "winning the race"...OC or Skarp. They are both way to deep in "mumbo jumbo" for me to bother a hard read and interpretation. Should we vote now? On a lighter note, I have never met anyone who isn't a racist bigot. It's just the degree of extremity that varies. Of course I haven't met everyone...yet. :P
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by ocdad » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Skarp wrote:OC dad, your examples are as weak as your argument. Minutemen are racist because they want to protect our border? Ummm...okay. Neo-nazis? David Duke? These groups are specifically and loudly disavowed by the Republican party. They aren't welcomed into the fold, given a seat at the table, allowed to impact the party platform the way that Code Pink, PETA, BAMN, CAIR, La Raza, and countless other radical (and often racist) lefty groups are welcomed by the Democrats. Lame comparisons my friend.

BTW, I never called you a liberal leftist. Other than being ignorant or deliberately obtuse, I don't know what you are. And don't much care.

Ok, most of the stuff you state I had went into more detail on the reply that never got posted, probably because too long. There was no way in hell that I could put all down again so I waited for this reply. I am still not sure if you are just stringing this along to see how long I will go or if you are truly believing all the stuff you are saying because you argument has become weaker & weaker. I only continue to counter because of you legendary status on this forum & a lot of individuals will just take your word as semi-factual. I suspect you are stringing me along because of your weak linking through certain verbage I have used, which you have missed, which is surprising by you who nit-picks every sentence so much. If you read what I wrote I never said you called me a liberal leftist, I stated how I got associated as leftist liberal is beyond me. As the world turned started by talking crap about bleeding liberals & then you chimed in and started discussing leftist. I stated that this is common tatic of the right wing conservative, discredit by association...you never came out and stated I was, but you have indirectly tried to imply. All I was saying.

Don't have time to go back and see if I stated it or not on the reply that got posted, but what got left off was I was not speaking of the literal term of conversativism vs left liberalism, but the IDEOLOGY, which is what I am referring to & referencing. As I stated I could elobrate forever but no time & the audience wants to read a few paragraphs not a book. Here is a site that discusses both sides, which I have done unlike you, which has only try further your point while discredit my view. They discuss both the left & right, which I have been stating from the beginning: http://www.cfr.org/publication/9236.
I will discuss a couple of the groups that you stated I had replied to each, but lost once again. PETA is known more for having hot models walk around nude more than anything. Greenpeace they sleep in trees for years & don't bathe to keep everyone from trying to go up there, they are smart b/c usually a hot chick with some dumb dude that knew it was an easy score for a year or so. The groups that you discuss as rioters have usually filed the complaint that they were first attacked by instigators or the police for not dispersing when they had the paperwork filed to protest (I know there are recent instances & I am not sure about the paperwork - I wasn't there) here is where your conservatism is a little hypocritical, they have done everything by the law, but the message isn't received well, how is it just that they told they can't hold the demonstrationg. I will make this last point as clearly as possible & is further enforced by the weblink. The same way that you say that the party has distanced itself from the KKK, (which is full of crap when the damn person was elected running under that platform as a right wing conservative) so has the democratic party, it has never endorsed use of violence to further its cause. I could elobrate further counter arguments, but it is pointless we will go back and forth. The David Duke issue was acknowledged (stated) and answered (weak counter point on your part), he did not make it on the ticket as a democrat but not only got on the ticket, but was ELECTED...is that not a party embracing an individual if they elect him to represent them on the politic forum??? What details that I did not provide for sake of time & space was, as I stated "if you are talking about the Southern Democratic party that is a different matter." The Democratic party is not the racist party that you indicate, but became the ANTI-LINCOLN party during and after the Civil War...another weak arguing point!

My whole point (lets bring this all full circle here) was your little rant about how law-abiding, calm, concerned and helpless conservative views & party were being attacked by these lawless, aggressive leftist (if I using the right term you intitially stated) was just more propaganda and actually just a bunch of bs! MinuteMen who you accuse me of stating that they were racist when I never did, if you read correctly (which you are so quick to tell everyone else to do) I state they were spreading a message that had racist undertones on a hot button subject at the border states. I also pointed out another favorite tactic of the right wing party. We both are smart enough to know what is going on, but you want to play ignorant to the fact that all these groups are closesly linked & in many instances funded by the political arm of the right wing conservative party then go ahead (I will admit know there have been only a few instances where money has been linked by the political arm, but it has and it will take too long to look up, so I will just say "Allegedly" so don't rant & rave about this point stated & answered, I do not have the proof in front of me). My main point which is clearly stated on that website was, yes the organizations you state have did some of the things that you stated, but NO ONE running strictly under any one of those flag has ever been elected. Yes, Democratic candidates have embraced some of the core values of those organizations: WTO-stop meddling in other countries & make them slave labors, b/c the World Bank made their country a loan to extract natural resources, PETA-stop cruelty to animals, Greenpeace-we need to protect our environment & water or we will destroy the very environment that gives us life & not to be so short-sighted over business that we leave a disastor to our children and one that they can't over come; civil rights, free speech-that we believe exact what our Constitution states and that is all men are created equal and deserve to pursue the rights of equality & happiness that every white has always enjoyed...Black Panthers, La Raza and the others that you stated felts these rights were being violated and took up arms to defend these rights, which were condemned by the political party - just as you stated the conservatives did with the KKK it is all the same, STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE oh poor conservatives.

Lastly, what I was saying was although the history as you stated is filled with numerous examples, you are right the main one is celebrated every 4th of July a bunch of liberal forward thinkers did riot and it lead to the founding of this country. But what I was stating the ideology of today's political views is the complete opposite. As the website states, the left commits terrorism that damages industry property, while right is deadly that targets specific individuals or a group of individuals and targets them for death.

This will be my last reply, since I will be in a tournament this weekend and need to get ready for that. Unfortunately, my team is not even on the top 15. Yet we have done very well against the top 10, beaten a couple played the others very tight but have few wins to show for it, so I need to change that. I am like most missing a couple key players to be able to start knocking some of those teams off consistently. I hoping some tournament wins will change that. The core is solid, just need to the players to fill the holes now.

So I am fine with whatever counters you have. Just remember last night as McCain who I believe gave one of the best speeches I have heard in a long time, couldn't even finish it, becaue of all the booing of just Obama's name and spent the whole speech trying to encourage his party to follow him as the new President. I think there could be no better evidence to the points that I am trying to make in this argument, conservatives aren't as nice as you make them out to be. If they followed a dictionary then maybe but reality is always different then what is written down. (sorry no time to proofread)
ocdad

by SSdad » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Zzzzzzz.........That was a horrible read. Your points might/or might not have been good, I don't care either way. Just couldn't get thru the blah, blah, blah.......it was like Charlie Brown's teacher was reading it to me.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by Joe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:11 pm

OcDAD, this is the biggest load of lefty BS I've ever heard...or at least since the same was spewed in Grant Park last night.

On the race issue, I am rooting for the 'O' man for one reason. He will and can be a role model to the Brother. After all, the guy from Kenya had his five minutes...then took off to make other babies I'm sure. The white lady (and her mother) stuck it out and raised a kid who will now be the 44th.

We can only hope...
Joe

by Skarp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 am

ocdad wrote:
Skarp wrote:OC dad, your examples are as weak as your argument. Minutemen are racist because they want to protect our border? Ummm...okay. Neo-nazis? David Duke? These groups are specifically and loudly disavowed by the Republican party. They aren't welcomed into the fold, given a seat at the table, allowed to impact the party platform the way that Code Pink, PETA, BAMN, CAIR, La Raza, and countless other radical (and often racist) lefty groups are welcomed by the Democrats. Lame comparisons my friend.

Ok, most of the stuff you state I had went into more detail on the reply that never got posted, probably because too long. There was no way in hell that I could put all down again so I waited for this reply. I am still not sure if you are just stringing this along to see how long I will go or if you are truly believing all the stuff you are saying because you argument has become weaker & weaker. I only continue to counter because of you legendary status on this forum & a lot of individuals will just take your word as semi-factual. I suspect you are stringing me along because of your weak linking through certain verbage I have used, which you have missed, which is surprising by you who nit-picks every sentence so much. If you read what I wrote I never said you called me a liberal leftist, I stated how I got associated as leftist liberal is beyond me. As the world turned started by talking crap about bleeding liberals & then you chimed in and started discussing leftist. I stated that this is common tatic of the right wing conservative, discredit by association...you never came out and stated I was, but you have indirectly tried to imply. All I was saying.

Don't have time to go back and see if I stated it or not on the reply that got posted, but what got left off was I was not speaking of the literal term of conversativism vs left liberalism, but the IDEOLOGY, which is what I am referring to & referencing. As I stated I could elobrate forever but no time & the audience wants to read a few paragraphs not a book. Here is a site that discusses both sides, which I have done unlike you, which has only try further your point while discredit my view. They discuss both the left & right, which I have been stating from the beginning: http://www.cfr.org/publication/9236.
I will discuss a couple of the groups that you stated I had replied to each, but lost once again. PETA is known more for having hot models walk around nude more than anything. Greenpeace they sleep in trees for years & don't bathe to keep everyone from trying to go up there, they are smart b/c usually a hot chick with some dumb dude that knew it was an easy score for a year or so. The groups that you discuss as rioters have usually filed the complaint that they were first attacked by instigators or the police for not dispersing when they had the paperwork filed to protest (I know there are recent instances & I am not sure about the paperwork - I wasn't there) here is where your conservatism is a little hypocritical, they have done everything by the law, but the message isn't received well, how is it just that they told they can't hold the demonstrationg. I will make this last point as clearly as possible & is further enforced by the weblink. The same way that you say that the party has distanced itself from the KKK, (which is full of crap when the damn person was elected running under that platform as a right wing conservative) so has the democratic party, it has never endorsed use of violence to further its cause. I could elobrate further counter arguments, but it is pointless we will go back and forth. The David Duke issue was acknowledged (stated) and answered (weak counter point on your part), he did not make it on the ticket as a democrat but not only got on the ticket, but was ELECTED...is that not a party embracing an individual if they elect him to represent them on the politic forum??? What details that I did not provide for sake of time & space was, as I stated "if you are talking about the Southern Democratic party that is a different matter." The Democratic party is not the racist party that you indicate, but became the ANTI-LINCOLN party during and after the Civil War...another weak arguing point!

My whole point (lets bring this all full circle here) was your little rant about how law-abiding, calm, concerned and helpless conservative views & party were being attacked by these lawless, aggressive leftist (if I using the right term you intitially stated) was just more propaganda and actually just a bunch of bs! MinuteMen who you accuse me of stating that they were racist when I never did, if you read correctly (which you are so quick to tell everyone else to do) I state they were spreading a message that had racist undertones on a hot button subject at the border states. I also pointed out another favorite tactic of the right wing party. We both are smart enough to know what is going on, but you want to play ignorant to the fact that all these groups are closesly linked & in many instances funded by the political arm of the right wing conservative party then go ahead (I will admit know there have been only a few instances where money has been linked by the political arm, but it has and it will take too long to look up, so I will just say "Allegedly" so don't rant & rave about this point stated & answered, I do not have the proof in front of me). My main point which is clearly stated on that website was, yes the organizations you state have did some of the things that you stated, but NO ONE running strictly under any one of those flag has ever been elected. Yes, Democratic candidates have embraced some of the core values of those organizations: WTO-stop meddling in other countries & make them slave labors, b/c the World Bank made their country a loan to extract natural resources, PETA-stop cruelty to animals, Greenpeace-we need to protect our environment & water or we will destroy the very environment that gives us life & not to be so short-sighted over business that we leave a disastor to our children and one that they can't over come; civil rights, free speech-that we believe exact what our Constitution states and that is all men are created equal and deserve to pursue the rights of equality & happiness that every white has always enjoyed...Black Panthers, La Raza and the others that you stated felts these rights were being violated and took up arms to defend these rights, which were condemned by the political party - just as you stated the conservatives did with the KKK it is all the same, STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE oh poor conservatives.

Lastly, what I was saying was although the history as you stated is filled with numerous examples, you are right the main one is celebrated every 4th of July a bunch of liberal forward thinkers did riot and it lead to the founding of this country. But what I was stating the ideology of today's political views is the complete opposite. As the website states, the left commits terrorism that damages industry property, while right is deadly that targets specific individuals or a group of individuals and targets them for death.

This will be my last reply, since I will be in a tournament this weekend and need to get ready for that. Unfortunately, my team is not even on the top 15. Yet we have done very well against the top 10, beaten a couple played the others very tight but have few wins to show for it, so I need to change that. I am like most missing a couple key players to be able to start knocking some of those teams off consistently. I hoping some tournament wins will change that. The core is solid, just need to the players to fill the holes now.

So I am fine with whatever counters you have. Just remember last night as McCain who I believe gave one of the best speeches I have heard in a long time, couldn't even finish it, becaue of all the booing of just Obama's name and spent the whole speech trying to encourage his party to follow him as the new President. I think there could be no better evidence to the points that I am trying to make in this argument, conservatives aren't as nice as you make them out to be. If they followed a dictionary then maybe but reality is always different then what is written down. (sorry no time to proofread)

Well...that was certainly an extreme post. Extremely long, extremely oppressive, and extremely uninformed.

Soooo...this being a prime opportunity to prove my own point re extremists prevailing over moderates, I concede! Now you can finish defecating on your flag and go help Superman "fundamentally transform" this awful country.

Cheers.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:50 pm

Here's some interesting news...

perhaps proving that "Everyone gets what they deserve!"...

or did I mean "Be careful what you ask for!"?

:lol:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_br ... en_nations
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by pixsguy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Mr. Presdient-elect Barack Obama says he will not be a blue state president or a red state president, he says hell be the United Sates of America's President...on to the future
pixsguy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 pm

ocdad wrote:

ocdad wrote:I come on this thing for softball, not to read your political crap.

Then ocdad wrote:

ocdad wrote:Ok, most of the stuff you state I had went into more detail on the reply that never got posted, probably because too long. There was no way in hell that I could put all down again so I waited for this reply. I am still not sure if you are just stringing this along to see how long I will go or if you are truly believing all the stuff you are saying because you argument has become weaker & weaker. I only continue to counter because of you legendary status on this forum & a lot of individuals will just take your word as semi-factual. I suspect you are stringing me along because of your weak linking through certain verbage I have used, which you have missed, which is surprising by you who nit-picks every sentence so much. If you read what I wrote I never said you called me a liberal leftist, I stated how I got associated as leftist liberal is beyond me. As the world turned started by talking crap about bleeding liberals & then you chimed in and started discussing leftist. I stated that this is common tatic of the right wing conservative, discredit by association...you never came out and stated I was, but you have indirectly tried to imply. All I was saying.

I'm just sayin'. :lol:
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub