Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Coach charged with players death

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Cannonball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 pm

There is much to be learned from this trial. No autopsy??? With so many conditions that have led to untimely deaths of young players, this coach's attorney will have a lot to bring into the courtroom support the position of a precondition. Also, the idea that this is the first time a coach has been arrested will now lead to more arrest and for ever degree of injury. What a coach says to players will now be severely limited. Can you imagine any coach saying "run you till you puke..." now? Coaches are going to have to re evaluate all that they do. Will have a CPR certification be of any consolation? What are the insurance implications?

To be honest, I know a lot of coaches who have left the profession that left too soon. I don't wonder why. I intend to get back in once my daughter graduates high school. Then again...
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Tucson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 am

Read the book Bleachers. It is this same scenario. I loved the book. Amy
Tucson

by Clean_up » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Tucson wrote:I didn't know that the boy was ADHD. I saw the parents on TV, this morning.

Some reports say that the players were denied water, others say that is not true.

His father was present at the practice and did nothing to help his son get immediate help.

How can there be no autopsy?

I find it hard to believe that the grand jury found cause to prosecute this one.

I should state that my prayers are with the young man's family and with the coaches.

Just another example of those who can't trying to derail those that can. Organized sports has always been a target for those who think everything is equal, no tryouts and everyone needs to play - whatever happened to working hard, taking pride in earning a spot and in your success? Too much entitlement mentality is ruining our youth and a detriment to our country.

Father was at practice? If he was so concerned, why didn't he pull his kid and give him water. Seriously, it's tragic but how is the coach responsible? Were there other players having physical problems during practice that were ignored, denied water, etc.? Was the players condition made known to the coach, i.e. he needs a little extra rest, water, etc. Was it disclosed that the medication taken could cause issues, does the medication pamphlet state anywhere to not over-exert or may cause issues? So many variables here and a shame to go to court and waste tax payer money. No autopsy, are you serious? Shouldn't the defense demand one? Can they? Sad, my prayers too go out to the family and to the coaches...
Clean_up

Previous

Return to The Pub