Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Pissed again! Going postal

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Safebyahare » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Yup going postal,,,starting Jan. 1, 2014 mail service will no longer be delivered to door.
Meaning people like me who live in a 1950s clean old neighborhood will now have to buy a mail box and plant it in the sidewalk in front of our house, and that mail slot in my front door becomes out dated.
Most of you will not know the pleasure of leaving town and returning home to find all your mail sitting on the floor, and not have to deal with the post office.(starting stopping service)
Now the $300 bucks that I now have to fork out to buy a nice cast metal box to receive junk mail is just irratating.
Not sure but this change may be nation wide.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:05 am

How much "real" mail do you get anyway? I get maybe 1-2 per day. The rest are flyers and junk mail. The postal service is a dinosaur. If it was a real corporation it would have downsized years ago. It would have closed more post offices and cut Saturday delivery if congress would have let them. Who needs the post office? I can use email, pay bills on line and use fed ex or ups for anything bigger
jonriv

by jonriv » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 am

BTW

I have not had mail delivered through a mail slot since the late 80's Every house has had mailbox delivery(4 in total)
jonriv

by exD1dad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Perhaps you guys haven't heard that Post Offices have & will be shuttered all across the USA, then again the media loves to hide "sweetheart" deals of a Corp (CBRE)run by the husband of a Senator (Fienstein) where properties are sold NOT "at arms length" (IE Realtor on both sides) and where the Govt has so far lost close to 100 million because the properties have been given away under value & not at market value to clients of the representing broker. Worst of all there was no bidding for the job & it was just given to this company who will make 500MM . Typical in our current administration.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm

If this is the law to be, it may be a good fund raiser,,,,$30 bucks to make and pre assemble,,charge $50 bucks to install.
May be something worth looking into for those who need to make ends meet that softball budget.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Duude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:51 am

jonriv wrote:How much "real" mail do you get anyway? I get maybe 1-2 per day. The rest are flyers and junk mail. The postal service is a dinosaur. If it was a real corporation it would have downsized years ago. It would have closed more post offices and cut Saturday delivery if congress would have let them. Who needs the post office? I can use email, pay bills on line and use fed ex or ups for anything bigger

I agree. With Email and on line bill pay I VERY rarely get anything of importance delivered in the mail. I rent a box at a mail box place and they have great service. my USPS mailman was terrible. and when I would complain to the postmaster I got even more attitude
Duude

by blackwidow » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 am

exD1dad wrote:Perhaps you guys haven't heard that Post Offices have & will be shuttered all across the USA, then again the media loves to hide "sweetheart" deals of a Corp (CBRE)run by the husband of a Senator (Fienstein) where properties are sold NOT "at arms length" (IE Realtor on both sides) and where the Govt has so far lost close to 100 million because the properties have been given away under value & not at market value to clients of the representing broker. Worst of all there was no bidding for the job & it was just given to this company who will make 500MM . Typical in our current administration.

Correction typical of ALL ADMINISTRATIONS. .

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/09/ ... cheap.html

Hey Kids what do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a crony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aO9tA5DWJM

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 am

In the early 80's a good friend of mine had a walking route with USPS in a medium sized town ... He would do almost his entire route before noon and get to Monmouth Park ( Thoroughbred Track ) in time for the Daily Double ... I forget what race he had to leave by to get back in time to walk the last block on his route and then clock out ... The bottom line is the USPS Supervisors didn't care how the Carriers did their route as long as they did it and clocked out on time ... My friend said he could have crawled his route and still had time for a nap ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 am

Ironically ... Oldest DD in Maine who has the Winter off; told us yesterday she applied for a temp job with the USPS as a femail man on a walking route ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Pub