Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

"In God We Trust" gone on new coin.

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Safebyahare » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:46 pm

I say boycott the new coin,,but that's just me. No I am not an evangelist, maybe just old fashion.
Just dislike the removal. So who will we trust? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8216,d.cGU
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 pm

You did see it was an urban myth and was false? Plus I'm in banking and the only time people get dollar coins is as change from the metro north ticket machines
jonriv

by Battle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:15 pm

jonriv wrote:You did see it was an urban myth and was false? Plus I'm in banking and the only time people get dollar coins is as change from the metro north ticket machines

Give it time. It's coming...You don't have to be in banking to know that. Just look around.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

My guess is that by time it "might" happen cash would not be an issue. Electrronic payments, credit and debit cards make up the vast majority of transactions now and are increasing at a rapid rate. Avg bank branch has 25% of the cash they had ten years ago.

My guess the "In God We Trust" will remain
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 pm

And so where did they put it,,,and why?? What is the purpose.?
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah all those atheists got the ACLU behind them forgetting that this great Country was founded on Religious freedom but those who are religious have to bend to their will in "fairness" by taking away & changing anything relating to Christianity like the 10 Commandments , prayer in school (which is totally non denominational) etc.

come on they already have their own Holiday & it's just around the corner

April Fools Day :lol:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 am

jonriv wrote:My guess is that by time it "might" happen cash would not be an issue. Electrronic payments, credit and debit cards make up the vast majority of transactions now and are increasing at a rapid rate. Avg bank branch has 25% of the cash they had ten years ago.

My guess the "In God We Trust" will remain

Then your guess would be wrong. Stay away from betting on the ponies.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:11 pm

In god we trust is on the presidential series dollar coins. Check the us treasury website. Hare's link was from 2007. During the bush admin. It was and is an urban myth
jonriv

by PDad » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:50 pm

This story has several aspects to it.

1. The 2007 and 2008 coins had a unique design where the year, mint mark, and mottoes (i.e. "E Pluribus Unum" and "In God We Trust") were on the outer edge instead of the face. The people claiming it was removed used a picture of the coin's face.

2. There were coins erroneously produced in 2007 without any of the markings on the outer edge.

3. It appears the uproar had some effect because the design from 2009-on has "In God We Trust" on the face and the other markings are still on the outer edge (see https://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=schedule).
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to The Pub