Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Graduate School?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by exD1dad » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Hey Battle be glad that it is an industry where between our wars & aging baby boomer population will guarantee her a livelihood to pay back those loans & then some.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:37 am

hit4power wrote:
Thanks guys. Looks like I will be paying out the ass for the years after college ball. After all the money that I've spent before college ball, there's just something that's not right with that...

I hear ya on that. First, PDad is right, i called it a PhD but it's a DPT to be precise. My DD is working part time in the trainers office ("Dad, I've spent so much time there, I might as well get paid to do something there") and is starting to think about PT as a career. Not thrilled about the possibility of having to underwrite 3 more years of school but I have to respect anyone who has the passion to do this....

I knew what you meant (DPT). I called a BS a BA one time cause I'm a dummy... :oops: :lol:

JonRiv... I made a dummy deal. I told her that as long as she stayed in school to finish, I would pay for it. If she drops out then she pays for what ever loan is left. I never thought that I would look forward to paying a loan because I really hope she stays with it. OT was her first choice but has been thinking about PT.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by DonnieS » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:35 am

Battle wrote:
hit4power wrote:
Thanks guys. Looks like I will be paying out the ass for the years after college ball. After all the money that I've spent before college ball, there's just something that's not right with that...

I hear ya on that. First, PDad is right, i called it a PhD but it's a DPT to be precise. My DD is working part time in the trainers office ("Dad, I've spent so much time there, I might as well get paid to do something there") and is starting to think about PT as a career. Not thrilled about the possibility of having to underwrite 3 more years of school but I have to respect anyone who has the passion to do this....

I knew what you meant (DPT). I called a BS a BA one time cause I'm a dummy... :oops: :lol:

JonRiv... I made a dummy deal. I told her that as long as she stayed in school to finish, I would pay for it. If she drops out then she pays for what ever loan is left. I never thought that I would look forward to paying a loan because I really hope she stays with it. OT was her first choice but has been thinking about PT.

OT is some serious bucks down here in our country - have gotten to know some of these awesome people in the last year and I would push either of mine that way - lots of work - really good per hour. But I can sure understand going the PT route. I could not do the OT route, I don't have the toughness in me that I see in the people that I have watched work. Good to hear more good people heading in that direction.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Thanks Donnie. That means a lot coming from someone like you. I hope she makes it. I worry about her finishing her BS and then I think I worry more about continuing on to finish after that. It's a lot of school.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Previous

Return to The Pub