Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Ebola

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by NumeroUno » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:36 pm

So I have been so busy this summer I have not watch very much TV or news. A friend was telling me about the Ebola Virus that is spreading. I did a google search and I could not believe what I was reading. He said the news isn't talking about it for some reason. The virus has popped up and has already traveled thousands of miles, it's crazy.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 am

Tin foil hat note:
Why would you help a hideous virus cross an ocean?
They claim its hard to transmit?...Ask the dead and dying if it was hard...Its one landing at LAX away...
US Health system?...Its hard pressed now for a mass casualty scenario...Have 500 injuries on the 605 this am ...It'd be pandemonium...How about 1 million Ebola affected people this weekend someplace...
It would cause a complete breakdown of the health system,
"Probably' be a great excuse for martial law etc...

So besides flooding the US with illeagl aliens...and their TB, etc...destroying industries...or the ones he doesnt encourage to move to China (GM) and fund the move with your money...Putin using the US as a paper tiger ...IRS scandal...and way to many other WTH moments to type out...
I dont think Stephen King could write out a better script
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 am

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 am

NumeroUno wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/06/health/africa-ebola-outbreak/

Supposedly its not an airborne transmittal capable virus...*yet*

Ladies and Gents, after all my Army days and training...remember I was a real Cold War trainee...I was a school trained NBC NCO...(Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)...Not a super scientist by any stretch...but I understand vectors, infection rates etc...

My absolute worst fear was bio... with chemical warfare second, and global thermo nuclear warfare 3rd of the big 3...(nuke was 3rd cause only 3 ways to go...quick fried (best scenario) or slow roasted by nuclear fallout...or starved and frozen by nuclear winter...
None of which IMHO is nearly as horrible as a deadly, non treatable...My #1 fear...and especially a weaponized version of a biological threat...
Ebola fits a lot of the parameters of a basically human specie extermination outbreak...of course except the 'Elite'...
The weaponized (airborne) version of it would fit all of the parameters 100%...
Unimaginable suffering and death...and we could blame fleas and a garbage strike this time...
Remember the havoc what...6 envelopes of Anthrax caused?...

Imagine 100 million dying (hideously) Americans...and Dustin Hoffman wont save us...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:49 am

I have a cure,,,stop watching CNN,,,that alone could immune America from something far more deadly.
A progressive left wing liberal media bias agenda.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/371541818600 ... 8973803001
Now go assist someone sweating.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:28 am

Safebyahare wrote:

I have a cure,,,stop watching CNN,,,that alone could immune America from something far more deadly.
A progressive left wing liberal media bias agenda.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/371541818600 ... 8973803001
Now go assist someone sweating.

If you'd have noticed my non visible fingernails...My NCO worry would show...
I had to learn that stuff back in the day...Think of it this way...at one time Russia had enough weapons grade anthrax to basically dust the entire US area at one time...Where is it now?

Bio warfare skeers me...
Be it any enemy...foreign or well...you know...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blackwidow » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Ebola virus can only be transmitted through contact with bodily fluids of infected person so I think we are safe.

With that being said, The Project for A New American Century white paper titled Rebuilding Americas Defenses contains some interesting statements. Written in 2000, many of its recommendations have already been implemented including the unconstitutional ideas of regime change and preemptive wars as matter of policy.

The report contains ambivalent language toward bioterrorism and genetic warfare like the following directly from the report.
"New methods of attack --
... advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool
."
The report is online in PDF format.

So yes "germ warfare" is scary and it's on the table according to our political elites.

Anyone who thinks that electing a new president is the answer, clearly doesn't understand the seriousness of problem.

http://vimeo.com/44583147

~Peace

image.jpg
image.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 8617 times
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Many of those fun weapons grade bio stuff are on a lovely island off of long islands orient point. Plum island. Many may remember the reference in silence of the lambs

PR. I was the NBC officer in my Infantry Company. I agree- bio scared me the most
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:48 pm

jonriv wrote:Many of those fun weapons grade bio stuff are on a lovely island off of long islands orient point. Plum island. Many may remember the reference in silence of the lambs

PR. I was the NBC officer in my Infantry Company. I agree- bio scared me the most

Ft McClellan AL...well Anniston Army Depot has been 'getting rid' of chemical agent munitions for years...controversy still rages about the toxicity of them and their disposal...very nasty stuff

As far as Ebola spreading...solely thru bodily fluids...HIV is passed the same way thru sexual behavior...HIV is not a hardy virus and wont survive outside body very long...and it did pretty well...still is in some demographics groups...HIV victims don't leak fluids 'from every orifice' like Ebola victims do...
Based on healthcare workers in Africa, who KNOW how to protect themselves who have contracted it and are dying/ will die...It doesn't seem real hard to catch...

If you take Ebola on a terrorist point of view...especially suicidal ones...Its a dandy...using Suicide bombers as a vector
(Don't worry I aint telling them anything they dont know)

Supposedly the Bubonic Plague was spread by rats...or more correctly fleas from rats but more modern studies are saying the rats *may* be off the hook...Bubonic plague kills rats quickly...Where were all these dead vector rats...and rats ...or more so their fleas aren't good vectors...

Excerpt from study...."Ebola's course of infection lasts around 37 days according to Dr. Duncan and Dr. Scott. This includes a 10 day incubation period followed by a 22 day infectious period whereby the person could be infectious but not exhibit symptoms. In the last five days the most gruesome symptoms appear in people. The 37-day estimate fits nicely with the 40-day quarantines carried out in Europe during the Black Death. Quarantine efforts in Europe were successful according to the two doctors. Sanctioning off infected families effectively "stopped the spread [of disease]. The 40-day period would have allowed for Ebola to run its course, eliminating the possibility of seemingly healthy people from infecting others during the initial 32-day period. Rats, on the other hand, would have ignored the quarantines. Thus, quarantines of plague victims could not have been as successful as an Ebola quarantine since rats are independent creatures; rats would have still been able to infect people despite a quarantine."
Source>http://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/viruses101/could_the_black_death_actually

Am I going to go buy a Bio suit...no not yet...But just for shits and giggles...Imagine 1000 infected people spreading it, on purpose...leaving fluids on lets say bathroom doors, food utensils...especially at buffets...basically the same way influenza gets passed around...If nothing else...remember what kind of panic the anthrax scare caused in money and time?
Could it happen?...Dunno...You tell me...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Greatest use of germ warfare(albeit unintential) was small pox the Europeans killed off the native Americans

Ebola is most contagious and deadly in areas of poor healthcare and facilities. Basic facilities and quarantine facilities are usually enough to snuff out the outbreak. Unfortunately in these third world areas large numbers of infected people are brought together and we see the result

PR I am sure you saw those classified(now unclassified) films of Sadaam' s use of chemical weapons on the Kurds and Iranians?(I saw these about three years before the first gulf war). Nasty stuff!
jonriv

Next

Return to The Pub