Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Who'd a thunk it?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by PDad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:37 pm

For grins, post whatever has occurred that you never expected based on what you first knew about it/them.

I'll start with Tom Hanks. Beyond his accomplished career as a performer, he was the force behind a couple of favorite major projects of mine - From the Earth to the Moon and Band of Brothers.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Interesting topic PDad. Definitely hard to picture Hanks taking any serious roles after Bossom Buddies and Bachelor Party.

I'll go with Star Wars - I remember sitting in a movie theater as a kid and seeing the pre-release trailer and thinking that it looked totally and making jokes about it to my friend. I was sure it was going to bomb. I didn't go see it for a long time because I was so sure it was going to be terrible.

I just took a look on YouTube for the original trailer, and in my defense, it was pretty bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 pm

I was a big Tom Cruise fan even though until Born on the 4th of July (That great Oliver Stone Pic) all he did was be tom cruise. Anyway when I found out that his boyfriend was from this very well to do Australian family & that he married his sister, made her a star. Yup that's right folks Nicole Kidman, I mean she had an empty resume & came out of nowhere & suddenly she's his co star for a monster budget film when she didn't even have a Q rating? Puleeeeze? Whatever publicist, manager or "Velvet Mafia" member (Hollywood Gay ruling Elite) dreamed that one up sure got paid! Let's not forget he, Like John Travolta has hidden this via that cult which claims its a church...Scientology.......What a world we live in. You think the government lies to us ha!
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:06 pm

I was in college when the first Star Wars movie came out and knew nothing about it beforehand. A couple of SciFi buffs that had read the books got a group together to see it at the Big Newport theatre when it first opened. Those were state-of-the-art effects at the time...

Speaking of 70's technology, I never imagined the big mainframe computers of that time - a roomful of cabinets the size of large refrigerators and dishwashers - would become insignificant weaklings compared to a smartphone today.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to The Pub