Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

The White House must be proud

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Battle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:23 am

jtat32 wrote:There's a whole lot of irony (and hypocrisy) in Giuliani's statements. First, he states that the "everybody should hate the police" propaganda started with the President, and then has nothing to back it up other than the fact that Sharpton has made visits to the White House. That would be inflammatory rhetoric attacking imaginary inflammatory rhetoric.

When you side with or entertain Sharpton's ideology, you are then essentially inciting these kinds of riots. It's how Sharpton makes his living. As president, I expect you to be smarter than that. Obama is not. People like Sharpton will do anything to keep racism alive. Otherwise, he would have to get a job.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fontana10! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:57 am

I've tried to make it as simple as I can for all the Obama lovers. In 6 years your president never sent 1 single representative to a cop's funeral or the funeral of any other normal citizen. But he sends an entourage to every black criminals funeral. Please explain that to me. That is as clear as night......lol
fontana10!

by jtat32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:35 pm

None of the posts following my initial one addressed the fundamental point that I made - the hypocrisy of finger pointing in this case.

Let's try a different approach. Do any of you who feel that Obama holds responsibility for the murder of the two NYPD officers also feel that white conservatives (such as Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck) also hold responsibility for the recent politically motivated murders of police officers by white conservatives? If not, what is the difference? To refresh, those incidents were:

Jerad and Amanda Miller - June 8th, 2014. Two officers and one civilian murdered.

Eric Frein - November 14th, 2014. One officer murdered and another wounded.

I am white. I also live my life and raise my kids based on conservative ideals. Chief among those ideals is personal responsibility - that means taking care of personal business before pointing fingers at others. In the context of this discussion, this means recognizing that these riots and political violence are not uniquely black or liberal phenomena. The fact of the matter is that white "conservatives" are responsible for more homegrown terrorism and politically-motivated killings in this country than any other group in the last 30 years. No other group is even close.

To be clear, I'm not excusing any of this behavior (riots included) from any political orientation or ethnicity - all of it is appalling. Let's just not be hypocrites and point fingers.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 pm

jtat32 wrote:None of the posts following my initial one addressed the fundamental point that I made - the hypocrisy of finger pointing in this case.

Let's try a different approach. Do any of you who feel that Obama holds responsibility for the murder of the two NYPD officers also feel that white conservatives (such as Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck) also hold responsibility for the recent politically motivated murders of police officers by white conservatives? If not, what is the difference? To refresh, those incidents were:

Jerad and Amanda Miller - June 8th, 2014. Two officers and one civilian murdered.

Eric Frein - November 14th, 2014. One officer murdered and another wounded.

I am white. I also live my life and raise my kids based on conservative ideals. Chief among those ideals is personal responsibility - that means taking care of personal business before pointing fingers at others. In the context of this discussion, this means recognizing that these riots and political violence are not uniquely black or liberal phenomena. The fact of the matter is that white "conservatives" are responsible for more homegrown terrorism and politically-motivated killings in this country than any other group in the last 30 years. No other group is even close.

To be clear, I'm not excusing any of this behavior (riots included) from any political orientation or ethnicity - all of it is appalling. Let's just not be hypocrites and point fingers.

No I don't think they are the same. I don't think Hannity and Beck are to blame for those murders...

Yes I do think POTUS, Sharpton and those alike should share blame for those murders, riots, subsequent and current fallout.

Here's why:

There isn't a negative sentiment throughout the country being reported that White people in mass will riot or kill. They are not making statements or acting as though they are going to do so. I feel those are true one off crazy men. If they were I would place blame in part as I feel POTUS and crew deserve.

Now, the black community has shown in masses they are unhappy with the Grang Jury outcomes. They have been for months and continue to protest. As we've seen at times not so peaceful. Seeing that and knowing basic human behavior. POTUS and crew should never insight the MOB. No one should. As President, Obama needs to understand his words hold weight. Especially to his own ethnic community. Sharpton himself has said the words, "No justice No peace!" Now to me that message means send them to jail or there will be problems.

So I ask where are our competent thoughtful leaders in the Black community to help defuse the Mob? Cause honestly ONLY a black man can diffuse this problem... The racial divide is the widest I've seen it... Ever!
tbjd33

by fontana10! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Jtat, I have to laugh at your posts. Any reasonable person would never try to make the comparisons you're trying to make. I feel the post following your last post answered your questions. I have to add to that post. Maybe you don't remember the OJ Simpson case. The President at the time (white) didn't make public comments about the jury's decision, even though every bit of evidence indicated OJ committed the murders. I don't recall any riots or protests for that matter. To indicate the black community isn't the only group that riots is idiotic. I honestly can't remember a riot in the last 30 years that was led by primarily white protesters. Protesting is fine as that is our right, however, looting and destroying others property in unacceptable. Law enforcement officers are sworn to uphold the law, protect lives and property among other things. Due to the race tag being placed on everyone who disciplines, arrests or questions a black person, these riots go on for days because if law enforcement acts as they should (protect property) they'll be scrutinized. This problems exists in job searches (NFL Rooney Rule), schools and college admissions. People like the AG and Big Al have created this mess. Race or gender shouldn't be used at all to anyone's advantage.
fontana10!

by jtat32 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 am

Tbjd - I appreciate your response to my questions.

I still disagree that there is a fundamental difference between the events I cited. In fact, I would say that it is harder to argue the examples of right-wing terrorism are one-off individuals than the NYPD murders, simply because there are more examples of them in recent years. I'm not trying to argue that case, however - I would argue that these whack-jobs all share a similar disorder regardless of where the claim to lie on the ideological spectrum. As you said, criminals are criminals.

Again, my initial post was about the hypocrisy of pointing fingers at any particular ethnicity or political affiliation. All "sides" are guilty of this as well, as well as inflammatory rhetoric and distorting events for political gain.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 am

fontana10! wrote:To indicate the black community isn't the only group that riots is idiotic. I honestly can't remember a riot in the last 30 years that was led by primarily white protesters. Protesting is fine as that is our right, however, looting and destroying others property in unacceptable.

Huntington Beach 7/28/2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x926wkx6lL8

Keene State 10/18/2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw33Fu43O6Y

Penn State 11/9/2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUodr5Q4SAo

Vancouver 6/15/2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os3JM-yMuK4

Boston 10/21/2004: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSVRMmUGgyI
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:15 am

OMG, Jtat that's your response to rioting. Watts, Rodney King, Ferguson and NYC to name a few are riots. College kids acting dumb doesn't compare. Are you being serious here? A single agency response just doesn't compare calling out the national guard does it? Also, I didn't hear anyone in the clips you provided say , "Burn this butch down!" Or how about, "What do we want, dead cops!" Let's get it on the same level here.
fontana10!

by fontana10! » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:24 am

My original post was referencing what I believe to be a President and staff that has radically divided this country. The President has continually made statements regarding deaths and arrests of criminals, based solely on race. In my 56 years on this planet, I have never seen the country thus racially divided. The end!!!!
fontana10!

by tbjd33 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:16 am

jtat32 wrote:Tbjd - I appreciate your response to my questions.

I still disagree that there is a fundamental difference between the events I cited. In fact, I would say that it is harder to argue the examples of right-wing terrorism are one-off individuals than the NYPD murders, simply because there are more examples of them in recent years. I'm not trying to argue that case, however - I would argue that these whack-jobs all share a similar disorder regardless of where the claim to lie on the ideological spectrum. As you said, criminals are criminals.

Again, my initial post was about the hypocrisy of pointing fingers at any particular ethnicity or political affiliation. All "sides" are guilty of this as well, as well as inflammatory rhetoric and distorting events for political gain.

Hate to say but you don't get it... You are the type of person which fuels this debate with you blind belief system. Posting over and over will not help you understand.

Have to say I don't condone ANY murder regardless of circumstance, but I prefer the one of unrelated murder to a murder attached to millions of the same group in several cities from coast to coast yelling about the same thing. That is why people are fearful JTat32. That is why this is scary. It's becoming an uprising! There have been several throughout history... Heck America began through an uprising! Remember POTUS a said, "I will fundamentally change America".

This is a great country and the uprising disagrees, POTUS continuously apologizes for past wrongs, Sharpton uses them as hate rhetoric. Let me ask you how come no one riots against Germany for the atrocities they did during WW2? More died then during our entire "terrible history" . Why doesnt all of Asia riot the great free country of Mongolia? Several hundred years ago the raped and pillaged an area three times the size of America?

Man I can go on and on... Our country needs to move on, forgive and go forward but not forget. To much salt is never good!
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub