Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

The White House must be proud

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jtat32 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:38 am

I didn't post here to try to change anyone's opinion. The discussion took a racial turn, so I jumped in to add a voice calling bullshit on that. This is a softball site, there are many Black members of our community and some may be reading this thread. The racial views expressed here don't represent the greater softball community by any stretch of the imagination.

All that said, this discussion has turned into something of a social experiment.

White people riot - just college kids acting stupid.

White right-wing extremists murder cops - they are one-off events. BTW, I only listed the two most recent examples, there have been at least three more (Richard Poplawski, Joshua Cartwright, and Jerry Kane) for a total of 10 dead officers in the last five years.

When Black people do these things, though, it's an uprising.

Double standard? Hypocrisy? Of course it is.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:52 am

tbjd33 wrote: Let me ask you how come no one riots against Germany for the atrocities they did during WW2? More died then during our entire "terrible history" . Why doesnt all of Asia riot the great free country of Mongolia? Several hundred years ago the raped and pillaged an area three times the size of America?

Man I can go on and on... Our country needs to move on, forgive and go forward but not forget. To much salt is never good!

OK, one more post since you asked me a specific question.

If one country riots against another we call that a war. We did go to war against Germany. Your Mongolia example is similarly non-applicable.

BTW, since Germany came up - you were incorrect in your assertion that German-Americans, Irish-Americans, and Italian-Americans. They all did, and they were generally much bloodier affairs than what we would consider a riot today. You never saw Gangs of New York?

I agree that we need to move on in this country. That is going to happen until we clear the BS and hypocrisy on all sides.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:42 am

Ok Jtat, let me keep this very simple. Let's stay on a third grade level so maybe you can try not to avoid my single most important question. Why in your opinion has the president sent staff (my tax dollars) to all these black criminals funerals but not to any cops killed in the line of duty or any of the other Hispanic or Whites killed over the course of his tenure? Oh, please don't refer to Biden attending the last NYPD Officer's funeral, as that was clearly done as a result of pressure. Please don't use your president's common tactic of avoiding my single question. The answer is clear, race but I'd like to see your ideology behind his decisions.
fontana10!

by as the world turns » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:32 am

Caught up on all the posts - conclusion:
32, are you mentally well?
You are conservative like I am liberal.
Criticizing Sharpton and Bambam is not racism.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Hey 32, check out this white right-wing extremist's riot a couple days ago. Yeah, it's out of control

http://youtu.be/FSzARapTUO4
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:17 am

jtat32 wrote:I didn't post here to try to change anyone's opinion. The discussion took a racial turn, so I jumped in to add a voice calling bullshit on that. This is a softball site, there are many Black members of our community and some may be reading this thread. The racial views expressed here don't represent the greater softball community by any stretch of the imagination.

All that said, this discussion has turned into something of a social experiment.

White people riot - just college kids acting stupid.

White right-wing extremists murder cops - they are one-off events. BTW, I only listed the two most recent examples, there have been at least three more (Richard Poplawski, Joshua Cartwright, and Jerry Kane) for a total of 10 dead officers in the last five years.

When Black people do these things, though, it's an uprising.

Double standard? Hypocrisy? Of course it is.

And you see these little piss ant riots like the one at Penn State - and how many businesses get torched and looted and destroyed there - versus Fergeson or the Rodney King riots, where many people were killed , and blocks of the city destroyed - you see those as being the same - except one was white people and the other was black. And dont stretch this comparison by going back 75-100 years - we are talking current time frame.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Pub