Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Snow

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:15 pm

In this part of Virginia we haven't had the first flake, but have had some ice & single digit weather ... But 4 of my DD's in Maine have had 60 inches in the last week and are expecting snow Sat Sun Mon Tues & Thurs ... :lol: Life goes on ... Maine keeps the roads clear, they go to work, come home & shovel some more ... They do report that they are running out of room to pile the snow and the dog doesn't know where to sh*t
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:35 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:In this part of Virginia we haven't had the first flake, but have had some ice & single digit weather ... But 4 of my DD's in Maine have had 60 inches in the last week and are expecting snow Sat Sun Mon Tues & Thurs ... :lol: Life goes on ... Maine keeps the roads clear, they go to work, come home & shovel some more ... They do report that they are running out of room to pile the snow and the dog doesn't know where to sh*t

That sounds like the weather we had 24/7 when I was working in Ohio, Cleveland area, a few years back. I couldnt imagine so much snow could fall - that city had to do so much work just to keep the place running. I wouldnt leave the hotel until I saw the yellow flashing light of the snow plow - then drive behind it the 5 miles to where I worked. We would be so happy when the temp got upto or over 20 degrees. I couldnt believe how much those people drank when I first got there - after several months, I understood.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:15 am

Got 2 feet on the ground here and more on the way. Dd has three feet on ground in Boston.
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 am

DonnieS wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:In this part of Virginia we haven't had the first flake, but have had some ice & single digit weather ... But 4 of my DD's in Maine have had 60 inches in the last week and are expecting snow Sat Sun Mon Tues & Thurs ... :lol: Life goes on ... Maine keeps the roads clear, they go to work, come home & shovel some more ... They do report that they are running out of room to pile the snow and the dog doesn't know where to sh*t

That sounds like the weather we had 24/7 when I was working in Ohio, Cleveland area, a few years back. I couldnt imagine so much snow could fall - that city had to do so much work just to keep the place running. I wouldnt leave the hotel until I saw the yellow flashing light of the snow plow - then drive behind it the 5 miles to where I worked. We would be so happy when the temp got upto or over 20 degrees. I couldnt believe how much those people drank when I first got there - after several months, I understood.

LOL ... Most of the cities in the North East and across the upper mid west consider alcohol a food group ... A few years ago I saw a Green Bay Packer fane being interviewed, he said " We are a drinking town with a football problem " LMAO
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 am

jonriv wrote:Got 2 feet on the ground here and more on the way. Dd has three feet on ground in Boston.

Yeah ... DD's are only 2 hours from Boston but getting significantly more snow ... Well, maybe not ... People in Boston may be letting some of the air out of their snow so it's easier to plow :lol:
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:22 am

Boston expecting additional snow. 15-24". Unbelievable!! We are "only" expecting 8". Big snowstorms started right after all the weather guys said" we've had a pretty milf winter so far"
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am

jonriv wrote:Boston expecting additional snow. 15-24". Unbelievable!! We are "only" expecting 8". Big snowstorms started right after all the weather guys said" we've had a pretty milf winter so far"

:?: LMAO .... I know what you meant .... Murphy's law
GIMNEPIWO

by Pale Rider » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 am

:o :o :o

We have had the PERFECT amount of snow...none
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:09 am

Scottsdale Arizona was a wonderful place for snow. When my kids were little , and it was winter - if they wanted to play in the snow, we would load up the subie-4runner-suburban at whatever phase we were, and drive up to the mountains, the kids would change out of their shorts into their snow suits in the car - we would get there, sled , play , until they were crying because it was too cold. Drive back to the condo, go for a swim, and call it a day.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:19 pm

DonnieS wrote:Scottsdale Arizona was a wonderful place for snow. When my kids were little , and it was winter - if they wanted to play in the snow, we would load up the subie-4runner-suburban at whatever phase we were, and drive up to the mountains, the kids would change out of their shorts into their snow suits in the car - we would get there, sled , play , until they were crying because it was too cold. Drive back to the condo, go for a swim, and call it a day.

Same here - with the added bonus of being able to surf and ski/snowboard the same day. 8-)
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub