Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

~We Have No King But Caesar~

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Safebyahare » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Safebyahare wrote:A very provocative post BW. A great job of the comparisons.
I am a Christian and do not find this offensive.
Your illustration between Jesus who was a rabble rouser and an anarchist of his time who not only questioned those who had the power, he gave cause to question their power. This went for the State (Roman empire) and Faith.
I even heard he turned over some tables in the process.
I this case however, it was good that the masses were stupid. If they were smart they would have let him live.
Of course this would mean the devil would win, and we would carry sin to the grave. ( eternal death)
The good news is that we were a stupid mass!!! He died for our sins, and
I heard he rose from the grave to hide Easter eggs. :o
Thanks for sharing a part of the story of Jesus on Easter BW. ;)
He so loved the world and man that he gave his only son.

Just curious tbd33, which part did I get wrong? or misinform? I always seek the truth.
I also look at things from different angles and perspectives.
Just curious what I wrote that you found offensive.
Other than my 'rose to hide eggs' that was satire.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm confused...Is 33 Caesar in this story? And if so, is Hare Brutus?

I knew I should have paid more attention during World History class... :?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Safebyahare wrote:
Your illustration between Jesus who was a rabble rouser and an anarchist of his time who not only questioned those who had the power, he gave cause to question their power. This went for the State (Roman empire) and Faith.
I this case however, it was good that the masses were stupid. If they were smart they would have let him live.
Of course this would mean the devil would win, and we would carry sin to the grave. ( eternal death)

Just curious tbd33, which part did I get wrong? or misinform? I always seek the truth. ... Just curious what I wrote that you found offensive. ...

I believe it's the portion I highlighted. The Truth is Jesus gave his life for everyone and in the process people acted exactly as it was foretold.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:45 pm

PDad wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:

Just curious tbd33, which part did I get wrong? or misinform? I always seek the truth. ... Just curious what I wrote that you found offensive. ...

I believe it's the portion I highlighted. The Truth is Jesus gave his life for everyone and in the process people acted exactly as it was foretold.

True and agree, but to stay with the story line, The people, temple priests and Pilate convicted him. John 19, Mark 15, Luke 23.
He did not commit suicide, he allowed the people to convict, torture, humiliate him before crucifying.
And yes for us and our sins.
I think maybe we say the same thing, I just type or speak different. (or choice of words to convey or relay info)

Last stab at this,,,,if YOU were there and convicted and sentenced Jesus to be crucified, would you feel,,
(a) smart or (b) stupid
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Safebyahare wrote:

Just curious tbd33, which part did I get wrong? or misinform? I always seek the truth.
I also look at things from different angles and perspectives.
Just curious what I wrote that you found offensive.
Other than my 'rose to hide eggs' that was satire.

Hare... My words are meant to invoke thought towards the truth. Many misguided statement/phrases/satire were posted. I am not judge nor do I want to be. I don't know someone's "heart" I can only take what is written/said and decide if it follow what the Word says.

In this day and age too many times Truth is minimized. Jesus is not a Character in history as Micky Mouse or Tom Sawer.

His name is "above all names heaven, earth and below. And every knee shall bow". Phill 2:10. So when Jesus' (The King of Kings!) name is spoken in any forum it's serious and shouldn't be part of
satire. Some versions Interpret, Angels stand at attention every time his name is called. People that's serious stuff and believe it our not it happens. Roll your eyes, poke fun you do what you feel or have been taught to do. I'm simply not accepting in any form ANYTHING but truth.

I can do this all day people. I'm not here to evangelize or preach. This isn't the setting. I humbly respect what you all believe or not, but I can't not speak out or call out when what I know as truth is mocked in any way.

Kindest Regards,

Tbjd33
tbjd33

by Tyler Durden » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:42 am

tbjd33 wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:

Being a Christian you should know Jesus gave his life. Jesus wasn't Killed by anyone. He willingly laid down his life for EVERYONE. That act was necessary for the promise to be fulfilled.

People don't let the Truth to be twisted nor misunderstood. This isn't politics or Religion. It's about Truth and Choice!

Until this tread I've honored the the premise of Heybucket. I feel this is a softball forum. There are times and places to speak of my Faith. Never thought I would need to clarify or defend in any forum Christianity. But now days it's the "cool" thing to bash Christanity and /or Judaism.

Happy Ressurection Day!

Never said he was killed,,,of course this is why I am not a preacher or evangelist.
This is the Pub, believe off topic, jokes and other things go on in here.

I get that... Doesn't make it OK or even remotely acceptable to mis-lead knowingly or not or in fun. I'm not self righteous by any means but I must point out Truth. Even if you or someone else disagrees.

What people believe is their own personal choice. I CAN NOT read or be attached to any distortion of the Truth. For I am accountable and I don't want Him to ask me why I didn't stand up for Truth or even worse allow anyone to be misled causing an outcome on their eternity.

Now way Brother!!

You are very self righteous.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:

Being a Christian you should know Jesus gave his life. Jesus wasn't Killed by anyone. He willingly laid down his life for EVERYONE. That act was necessary for the promise to be fulfilled.

People don't let the Truth to be twisted nor misunderstood. This isn't politics or Religion. It's about Truth and Choice!

Until this tread I've honored the the premise of Heybucket. I feel this is a softball forum. There are times and places to speak of my Faith. Never thought I would need to clarify or defend in any forum Christianity. But now days it's the "cool" thing to bash Christanity and /or Judaism.

Happy Ressurection Day!

Never said he was killed,,,of course this is why I am not a preacher or evangelist.
This is the Pub, believe off topic, jokes and other things go on in here.

I get that... Doesn't make it OK or even remotely acceptable to mis-lead knowingly or not or in fun. I'm not self righteous by any means but I must point out Truth. Even if you or someone else disagrees.

What people believe is their own personal choice. I CAN NOT read or be attached to any distortion of the Truth. For I am accountable and I don't want Him to ask me why I didn't stand up for Truth or even worse allow anyone to be misled causing an outcome on their eternity.

Now way Brother!!

You are very self righteous.

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭ESV‬‬

See Tyler this is the way today in which Christians are persecuted now days. Common belief is Christians need to be perfect, docile, sit back, watch and accept everything the World tells us too. Cause after all we are supposed to turn our cheek, Right! It's a perfect way to make people feel guilty for being who they are. On the contrary we are supposed to be bold and speak the truth... In love of course.

How is standing up for my belief SELF RIGHTOUS in any way Tyler Durden? I guess if someone spoke in away contrary to you core beliefs (if you have any) you would turn a cheek... Right! I doubt you would. Its ok Tyler cause I've become used to your spineless retorts.
tbjd33

Previous

Return to The Pub