Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

American Exceptionalism Fades

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Safebyahare » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 pm

American exceptionalism fades:
Did you know that the U.S. can not launch a spy satellite without a Russian made engine?
There was time not too long ago when American's exceptionalism was real.
Not so much anymore as a new generation question it, I will give the following examples of its demise.
America in the early 80's used to be a producer and innovator, We were the envy of every country in the world.
Every one wanted to be like us, every one wanted to be here. We had wealth, jobs, opportunities, and a life style and dream that none could compare to.
Now the blame goes equally for both political parties and their ideologies, they are both to blame for its destruction.
Big labor and Unions pushed manufactures and companies to out source to other countries to make goods.
Economics in a free market society dictate that revenues must grow, so out sourcing was the solution.
Schools no longer teach trades and our youth and society suffer, wood class, metal shop, home eco. are no longer taught in schools, replaced by social science classes such as heritage studies, or ethnic tolerance, world religion.
Government has over regulated business to its knees, the EPA, FDA, are just two examples of how business is strangled to death. A restaurant in my area just changed their menu because they can no longer deep fry from government regulations.
From my knowledge, we don't even make light bulbs in this country anymore.
If a county can not produce, make things, it becomes no longer exceptional, but dependent on others.
When the President bows to other counties, he not only acknowledges this perpetuates it continuing the fall.

Solutions and thoughts
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blackwidow » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 am

Globalization. Some would say NAFTA was the beginning of the end of American industry and now the TPP is being rolled out without much information being shared with Americans.
On my way to a softball tournament but some interesting questions here.
Looking forward to reading other answers. .
Maybe we could even be civil? Just a thought.

Peace
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

Return to The Pub