Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

So, how many of you out there are Bernie supporters?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:43 am

Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:
....but the Donald IS a man for the people.....that is hilarious. Donald is a man for himself and only himself at all times. He's not going to tear down the establishment because he IS the establishment....on both sides. He pays whomever he needs in order to get what he wants. You call that running a business and creating jobs. I call it using the system for his own personal gain. He didn't give a crap about the people when he used imminent domain. He has never done a thing in life with the purpose of helping people....other than himself.

Actually it takes a 3/5 majority to invoke cloture and Cruz voted against cloture:

"The 60-37 vote all but ensures the passage of legislation that will allow Obama to "fast-track" the trade pacts he negotiates through Congress, preventing filibusters or amendments. Liberals have long assailed Obama's trade agenda, but Republicans successfully wooed a bloc of Democrats led by Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) to secure enough votes to overcome a filibuster.

With the 60-vote threshold cleared, the path is now open for the Senate to take a final vote on the legislation on Wednesday.

The fate of the bill, also known as Trade Promotion Authority, hinged on whether backers of the fast-track legislation could win over Democratic Sens. Maria Cantwell (Wash.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Chris Coons (Del.). All three remained mum as to their intentions before the vote, with Coons lambasting the Senate on his way to the chamber for taking up a free trade vote while at the same time letting financing for exports, through the Export-Import Bank, lapse. It wasn't enough to sway his vote, though, as all three voted to move forward.

The vote came down to the wire, thanks to an eleventh-hour reversal by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who announced his opposition in a bombastic op-ed for Breitbart News that sent Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) scrambling for additional Democratic support."

Sessions is a traitor to the conservatives for his support of Trump, who stands for nothing. He will regret his support as soon as Trump walks over to Harry Reid and negotiates on anything and everything he has stated he would do in the campaign. He's donated to Dirty Harry's campaigns so it should be fairly easy.

Reagan's detractors were democrats. Reagan stood up for his principles. Trump is only saying what he thinks people want to hear in order get elected. Hitler was also a populist.

Well let's see.

Here's an op ed by Cruz and Paul Ryan on their support for TPA:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/putting-con ... D5_GN6TckA

And here's Cruz on video explaining his support for same. If you want to understand the legislative shenanigans employed, the article is worth reading as well.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ith-video/

Reagan's detractors were democrats? How about George Will?
https://www.conservativereview.com/comm ... gop-divide

Or the rest of the Republican establishment?
http://spectator.org/articles/39417/ori ... ald-reagan

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... blishment/

Your comments about Trump lack any objective basis whatsoever. You know what's in Trump's heart, do you? How? You conclude that he has no intention of doing any of the things he says he wants to do--essentially that this whole enterprise is one giant multi-million dollar boondoggle--for what, pray tell? If he's a big liberal, or if he lacks a moral compass at all, why not run as a Dem against the most unpalatable field of candidates in a generation? Why take on "the deepest bench in history" on the Republican side? That doesn't add up at all.

It's telling that you believe that starting a business and growing it into an international behemoth constitutes never having done anything to help anyone other than himself. Hey, throw your support to Bernie then. He honeymooned in the Soviet Union and then dedicated his life to "service."

I'll take a 1% chance that Trump will do a fraction of the things that he says he will do over the 100% certainty that neither Ted Cruz nor any of the other people running will do anything at all to right this sinking ship. If he builds a wall and enforces our immigration laws and doesn't do anything else, reserve a spot for him on Mt. Rushmore in my book. But I think that Trump wants a spot on Mt. Rushmore for real. Which means he's going to work his ass off to solve the problems of this country. Which means he's going to do exactly what he says he's going to do.

We'll find out. It's on to the general. Lyin' Cruz is dead, and Crooked Hillary is next.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Glad Trump won over Hillary. Everything I wrote earlier about him remains as true as it was when I wrote it. Cruz would have destroyed her even worse than Trump.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:05 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:
....but the Donald IS a man for the people.....that is hilarious. Donald is a man for himself and only himself at all times. He's not going to tear down the establishment because he IS the establishment....on both sides. He pays whomever he needs in order to get what he wants. You call that running a business and creating jobs. I call it using the system for his own personal gain. He didn't give a crap about the people when he used imminent domain. He has never done a thing in life with the purpose of helping people....other than himself.

Actually it takes a 3/5 majority to invoke cloture and Cruz voted against cloture:

"The 60-37 vote all but ensures the passage of legislation that will allow Obama to "fast-track" the trade pacts he negotiates through Congress, preventing filibusters or amendments. Liberals have long assailed Obama's trade agenda, but Republicans successfully wooed a bloc of Democrats led by Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) to secure enough votes to overcome a filibuster.

With the 60-vote threshold cleared, the path is now open for the Senate to take a final vote on the legislation on Wednesday.

The fate of the bill, also known as Trade Promotion Authority, hinged on whether backers of the fast-track legislation could win over Democratic Sens. Maria Cantwell (Wash.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Chris Coons (Del.). All three remained mum as to their intentions before the vote, with Coons lambasting the Senate on his way to the chamber for taking up a free trade vote while at the same time letting financing for exports, through the Export-Import Bank, lapse. It wasn't enough to sway his vote, though, as all three voted to move forward.

The vote came down to the wire, thanks to an eleventh-hour reversal by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who announced his opposition in a bombastic op-ed for Breitbart News that sent Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) scrambling for additional Democratic support."

Sessions is a traitor to the conservatives for his support of Trump, who stands for nothing. He will regret his support as soon as Trump walks over to Harry Reid and negotiates on anything and everything he has stated he would do in the campaign. He's donated to Dirty Harry's campaigns so it should be fairly easy.

Reagan's detractors were democrats. Reagan stood up for his principles. Trump is only saying what he thinks people want to hear in order get elected. Hitler was also a populist.

Well let's see.

Here's an op ed by Cruz and Paul Ryan on their support for TPA:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/putting-con ... D5_GN6TckA

And here's Cruz on video explaining his support for same. If you want to understand the legislative shenanigans employed, the article is worth reading as well.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ith-video/

Reagan's detractors were democrats? How about George Will?
https://www.conservativereview.com/comm ... gop-divide

Or the rest of the Republican establishment?
http://spectator.org/articles/39417/ori ... ald-reagan

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... blishment/

Your comments about Trump lack any objective basis whatsoever. You know what's in Trump's heart, do you? How? You conclude that he has no intention of doing any of the things he says he wants to do--essentially that this whole enterprise is one giant multi-million dollar boondoggle--for what, pray tell? If he's a big liberal, or if he lacks a moral compass at all, why not run as a Dem against the most unpalatable field of candidates in a generation? Why take on "the deepest bench in history" on the Republican side? That doesn't add up at all.

It's telling that you believe that starting a business and growing it into an international behemoth constitutes never having done anything to help anyone other than himself. Hey, throw your support to Bernie then. He honeymooned in the Soviet Union and then dedicated his life to "service."

I'll take a 1% chance that Trump will do a fraction of the things that he says he will do over the 100% certainty that neither Ted Cruz nor any of the other people running will do anything at all to right this sinking ship. If he builds a wall and enforces our immigration laws and doesn't do anything else, reserve a spot for him on Mt. Rushmore in my book. But I think that Trump wants a spot on Mt. Rushmore for real. Which means he's going to work his ass off to solve the problems of this country. Which means he's going to do exactly what he says he's going to do.

We'll find out. It's on to the general. Lyin' Cruz is dead, and Crooked Hillary is next.

My bet is that Trumps " international behemoth" is a giant ponzy scheme moving someone else's money to his pockets, robbing Peter to pay Paul ... Like all ponzy schemes it will come crashing down ... And if you believe that Trump cares about the USA in any way than how it effects Donald Trump, I would disagree ... His "only I can fix this problem", "I know more than the Generals", "believe me" language is disturbing, narcissistic and predatory ... Lyin' Cruz ? Crooked Hillaty ? LMAO ... I lived with a gal 40 years ago who spent 2 years accusing me of cheating on her until I finally gave her the boot ... You know, I never once strayed ... But afterwards found out she had spent those 2 years doing the horizontal bop with any dick that would listen ... People often criticize others to cover their own short comings; Trump has proved he is both 'Lyin' and 'Crooked' and attacks others to cover up his own flaws ... Both parties picked a crappy candidate and now we're stuck ... I lived in Jersey when Trump was using favorable bankruptcy laws to put smaller operations out of business ... Many builders were doing it and one almost got me until I went over that little fuc*ers desk and got my money ... None of them and their behemoth lack of business ethics deserved to be President either ... My 2 cents.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Skarp » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:13 am

Sam wrote:
Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:Trump "started" his business from a substantial inheritance, so....no.....I don't equate that with a person who invests their hard EARNED money in their own business. Equally interesting that you would support a guy who has used imminent domain to line his own pockets.

Its all moot anyway. Hillary will destroy him in the general. All these media outlets whom have conspired to hand the Republican nomination to Trump will now reveal their true support for Clinton and they will unleash all the Trump dirt they have been holding back.....and if they don't have it now, the Clinton machine will make sure they get it.

I think we are both conservatives. I have never voted for anyone other than a Republican. I may just write in Skarp on my ballot.

Trump borrowed a million dollars from his dad and has since increased it a ten-thousand-fold. He currently employs tens of thousands of people. The stories of his quiet generosity (e.g., paying off the mortgage of a couple who helped him when his car broke down) are legion. But he's never done anything to help anyone? Okay.

Media outlets have conspired...media is withholding dirt...lulz. There has never been a primary candidate in the history of American politics subjected to more scrutiny and vicious attacks from all sides than Donald Trump. Period. 65,000 negative ads. Scathing commentary from MSM pundits night and day. Scathing commentary from almost every conservative radio personality, day after day. His obituary was written more times than I could count. Yet he's stronger now than he has ever been.

The last person in the world Hillary wants to run against is Trump. He has rendered the Alinsky playbook obsolete. Call him a racist or a sexist and he doesn't fall all over himself trying to apologize or explain like every other panty-waist politician. He punches you in the mouth instead. Trump stays on offense, always. Hillary is in for a long 6 months.

I've been predicting a Trump landslide since July, and I've been watching all of these pundits make complete fools out of themselves ever since. Still taking all bets.

Still taking bets? The media held onto the latest videotape until they thought Trump was gaining traction. We Conservatives picked the wrong guy with the right message. Now our country will suffer for generations, depending on how many Supreme Court justices she gets to appoint. Ryan and McConnell will continue to fold like cheap suits: open borders, jobs leaving the country, welfare for everyone, depressed wages, and terrorist attacks at home. Cruz would have destroyed her and had the coat tails to carry the house and the senate. Hate to say I told you so, but.......

Hi.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:27 pm

VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:
Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:Trump "started" his business from a substantial inheritance, so....no.....I don't equate that with a person who invests their hard EARNED money in their own business. Equally interesting that you would support a guy who has used imminent domain to line his own pockets.

Its all moot anyway. Hillary will destroy him in the general. All these media outlets whom have conspired to hand the Republican nomination to Trump will now reveal their true support for Clinton and they will unleash all the Trump dirt they have been holding back.....and if they don't have it now, the Clinton machine will make sure they get it.

I think we are both conservatives. I have never voted for anyone other than a Republican. I may just write in Skarp on my ballot.

Trump borrowed a million dollars from his dad and has since increased it a ten-thousand-fold. He currently employs tens of thousands of people. The stories of his quiet generosity (e.g., paying off the mortgage of a couple who helped him when his car broke down) are legion. But he's never done anything to help anyone? Okay.

Media outlets have conspired...media is withholding dirt...lulz. There has never been a primary candidate in the history of American politics subjected to more scrutiny and vicious attacks from all sides than Donald Trump. Period. 65,000 negative ads. Scathing commentary from MSM pundits night and day. Scathing commentary from almost every conservative radio personality, day after day. His obituary was written more times than I could count. Yet he's stronger now than he has ever been.

The last person in the world Hillary wants to run against is Trump. He has rendered the Alinsky playbook obsolete. Call him a racist or a sexist and he doesn't fall all over himself trying to apologize or explain like every other panty-waist politician. He punches you in the mouth instead. Trump stays on offense, always. Hillary is in for a long 6 months.

I've been predicting a Trump landslide since July, and I've been watching all of these pundits make complete fools out of themselves ever since. Still taking all bets.

Still taking bets? The media held onto the latest videotape until they thought Trump was gaining traction. We Conservatives picked the wrong guy with the right message. Now our country will suffer for generations, depending on how many Supreme Court justices she gets to appoint. Ryan and McConnell will continue to fold like cheap suits: open borders, jobs leaving the country, welfare for everyone, depressed wages, and terrorist attacks at home. Cruz would have destroyed her and had the coat tails to carry the house and the senate. Hate to say I told you so, but.......

Hi.

I voted for him....twice....I think that got him to nearly 39% in California.

I'm interested in seeing how he deals with Ryan and McConnell, both of whom will be fighting him all the way. Earmarks have already been mentioned. I want to see him threaten these assholes with fundraising for the Tea Party to primary the dissenters out of office.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 am

Sam wrote:
Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:
Skarp wrote:

Hi.

I voted for him....twice....I think that got him to nearly 39% in California.

I'm interested in seeing how he deals with Ryan and McConnell, both of whom will be fighting him all the way. Earmarks have already been mentioned. I want to see him threaten these assholes with fundraising for the Tea Party to primary the dissenters out of office.

Another wrong prediction??

You are starting to look like your avatar.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Hurricane » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:21 am

I would think by now that people would start to realize the error of their ways and not underestimate the president-elect. He's done nothing but prove the media....er, I mean...the Democrats wrong at every juncture.

My hope is that President Donald J. Trump also makes the dishonest media the focus of what is wrong with America. When (not IF) the situations arises, he needs to point out the hypocrisy of Democrats (media). Now, normally I would say "leftists" or "liberals" or "liberal democrats"....but since the far left has taken over the Democratic Party, it's all the same. I do feel bad for some of my friends who are centrist Democrats since they don't have a party anymore. Schadenfreude !

BTW....It took me to the age of 30 to realize how biased the alphabets were (i.e., ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN) as well as the soon to be bankrupt rag/mags (US News, Newsweek,various newspapers...). I do believe one of the reasons Donald J. Trump won is because he got a lot of people to see the corruption in the media. I hope he holds that torch throughout his 8 years in office.
Hurricane

by Skarp » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 am

All Hail the God Emperor!!

Best. President. Ever.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dugout Dad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 am

Close your eyes and imagine President Pantsuit right now...... :shock:
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy.
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

You can understand capitalism when you realize that Thomas Edison improved the world more than Karl Marx
Me
Dugout Dad

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub