Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Shooting at Ohio St

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by NumeroUno » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 am

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:24 pm

No gun involved...Somali 'refugee' student...
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sus ... ck-n689076

An Ohio State University student plowed into a campus crowd with a car, then jumped out and started stabbing people with a butcher knife before being shot dead by police Monday morning, officials said.

Nine people were taken to hospitals after the ambush, and one was in critical condition. The incident was initially reported as an "active shooter" situation, but the suspect did not shoot anyone.

A police officer was on the scene within a minute and killed the assailant. "He engaged the suspect and eliminated the threat," OSU Police Chief Craig Stone said.

The suspect's name was not released, but law enforcement officials told NBC News he was an 18-year-old Ohio State student, a Somali refugee who was a legal permanent resident of the United States.

The motive was unknown, but officials said the attack was clearly deliberate and may have been planned in advance.

"This was done on purpose," Stone said.

A campus lockdown was lifted about 11:30 a.m., some 90 minutes after the violence unfolded on the Columbus, Ohio, campus, where 60,000 students are enrolled.

"This car just swerved and ran into a whole group of people," said Nicole Kreinbrink, who was walking down the street when she saw the car hit people who had evacuated an academic building during a fire alarm.

"All these people were running and screaming and yelling," she added.
Active shooter situation on Ohio State University campus. WCMH

Jacob Bowers, an OSU sophomore, was sitting on a bench about 100 feet away when he noticed people running.

"Then I heard someone yell, 'He's got a knife.' And I saw a guy with a big-ass knife just chasing people around. When I saw that, I grabbed all my stuff and started running," Bowers said.

Bowers said he looked back to see a police officer on the scene. The officer yelled to the suspect, "Drop it and get down or I'll shoot," and then fired on the suspect, Bowers said.

"The man was going insane," he said.

Another student told NBC News he heard gunfire from his dorm room.

"I heard gunshots from my dorm, probably six or seven," said Stephen Yunker, 18, a freshman who lives two blocks from Watts Hall, where the incident occurred.

He said he and his roommate looked at each other, heard sirens about five seconds later, and then looked out the window.

"We saw fire trucks, couple of cars, and a body laying on the ground," he said.

The Columbus Fire Department said it transported 10 people to hospitals; nine were in stable condition and one was in critical condition.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:40 am

Ummm, let me guess his religious affiliation, yup :roll:

Reasons why this story will disappear from the MSM headlines
No gun used
Religion of peace member
His particular race
Attack on white students

Side note: Ohio Governor Kasich has been welcoming somali refugees by the boatload.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by PDad » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 pm

as the world turns wrote:Side note: Ohio Governor Kasich has been welcoming somali refugees by the boatload.

Yeah, Kasich is catching a lot of grief, but he isn't the one letting them in the U.S. and he wasn't Governor 21-25 years ago when Somalis started gathering in Columbus.

Somali refugees started arriving in the U.S. in 1991. Since 1995, Columbus, Ohio has proven to be a popular destination for refugees and today Ohio has the second largest Somali population in the U.S. It is estimated that there are at least 38,000 Somali immigrants and refugees living in the Columbus metropolitan area. In addition, it is estimated that 200 immigrants can be expected monthly within the next four years. These figures give a critical reason why the Somali community Association of Ohio (SCAO) must continue providing current services while preparing to address future needs of this population group.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

PDad wrote:
as the world turns wrote:Side note: Ohio Governor Kasich has been welcoming somali refugees by the boatload.

Yeah, Kasich is catching a lot of grief, but he isn't the one letting them in the U.S. and he wasn't Governor 21-25 years ago when Somalis started gathering in Columbus.

He'd be the one letting them into the U.S. if he had the job he wants. With bells on. Because he's terminally stupid like that.

Islam is less a religion than it is a project in political conquest, and it is in any event fundamentally incompatible with western liberal democracy. We either figure that out or, like Europe, we're finished. Luckily...TRUMP!!!
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:39 am

Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:

He'd be the one letting them into the U.S. if he had the job he wants. With bells on. Because he's terminally stupid like that.

FTR, Kasich caught a lot of grief a year ago for advocating a pause on refugees. Trumpies are more interested in exaggeration and smearing than facts.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:24 am

PDad wrote:
Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:

FTR, Kasich caught a lot of grief a year ago for advocating a pause on refugees. Trumpies are more interested in exaggeration and smearing than facts.

And some people are more interested in remaining stupid
as the world turns

by PDad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:51 am

as the world turns wrote:
PDad wrote:Trumpies are more interested in exaggeration and smearing than facts.

Nice corollary to my point!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:02 pm

PDad wrote:
as the world turns wrote:
PDad wrote:Trumpies are more interested in exaggeration and smearing than facts.

Nice corollary to my point!

And once again, thank you for proving my point
as the world turns

by Skarp » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm

PDad wrote:
Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:

Yeah, Kasich was a real stalwart on Muslim immigration/refugees. :roll:

How many tens of thousands did he accept into Ohio before his request for a "pause?" Specifically, how many Somalis did he inflict upon Columbus? The guy never saw a Muslim immigrant he didn't like until Trump started kicking his teeth in on the issue in the wake of the Paris attack, etc.

Of course he quickly reverted to form. Google "Kasich Muslims" for all the reading material you could ever want on the topic. If his policy preferences on the topic of Muslim immigration differ one iota from those of CAIR, you'd have a hard time telling so from his rhetoric.

Kasich didn't get BTFO in the election due to smears and exaggerations. He got blown out because his policies were (and are) crap across the board. I suspect he'll be looking for work in a couple of years.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub