Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Shooting at Ohio St

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by PDad » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Skarp wrote:Yeah, Kasich was a real stalwart on Muslim immigration/refugees. :roll:

How many tens of thousands did he accept into Ohio (LMFAO) before his request for a "pause?" Specifically, how many Somalis did he inflict upon Columbus?

"Accept"? Seriously, name a governor that was able to stop refugees from settling in their state. The Feds don't ask for permission and they don't notify them.

What happened to you Skarp? You used to be credible.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 pm

PDad wrote:
Skarp wrote:Yeah, Kasich was a real stalwart on Muslim immigration/refugees. :roll:

How many tens of thousands did he accept into Ohio (LMFAO) before his request for a "pause?" Specifically, how many Somalis did he inflict upon Columbus?

"Accept"? Seriously, name a governor that was able to stop refugees from settling in their state. The Feds don't ask for permission and they don't notify them.

Typical liberal tard reasoning, "think like me, otherwise you are not credible"
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by PDad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am

as the world turns wrote:
PDad wrote:

Typical juvenile rationale, "agree with me or I'll ignorantly mislabel you and call you names"

Perhaps you can contribute something worthwhile by providing a modern-day example of a governor blocking refugees from settling in their state.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:13 pm

PDad wrote:
as the world turns wrote:
PDad wrote:

Typical juvenile rationale, "agree with me or I'll ignorantly mislabel you and call you names"

Perhaps you can contribute something worthwhile by providing a modern-day example of a governor blocking refugees from settling in their state.

Your thinking is obsolete and irrelevant. The eight year run is just about over. The adults are here to fix things.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Skarp » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 pm

PDad wrote:

Me, credible? Shudder the thought.

That said, context matters. I never said Kasich had the power to refuse refugees--merely that he accepted tens of thousands of such refugees into Ohio with zero complaint. I was responding to your claim that it was an "exaggeration" and "smearing" to suggest that Kasich wasn't a total warrior on the Muslim refugee front--a claim based on the absurd justification that he called for a pause to the policy late last year (long after the damage was irreparably done). Bottom line: Kasich never suggested that the refugee resettlement policy was anything but terrific until Trump started bludgeoning him (and the rest of the Republican field) about the head and shoulders with the issue.

But no worries. My guy won, and yours lost spectacularly. That's good enough for me. Just because I began publicly predicting a Trump landslide within weeks of his announcement (when a full year later people like you were still giving him less than a snowball's chance in hell) doesn't mean I'll start with any pretenses of credibility.

MAGA
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:

That said, context matters. I never said Kasich had the power to refuse refugees--merely that he accepted tens of thousands of such refugees into Ohio with zero complaint. I was responding to your claim that it was an "exaggeration" and "smearing" to suggest that Kasich wasn't a total warrior on the Muslim refugee front--a claim based on the absurd justification that he called for a pause to the policy late last year (long after the damage was irreparably done). Bottom line: Kasich never suggested that the refugee resettlement policy was anything but terrific until Trump started bludgeoning him (and the rest of the Republican field) about the head and shoulders with the issue.

But no worries. My guy won, and yours lost spectacularly. That's good enough for me. Just because I began publicly predicting a Trump landslide within weeks of his announcement (when a full year later people like you were still giving him less than a snowball's chance in hell) doesn't mean I'll start with any pretenses of credibility.

MAGA

You might want to exhibit some humility over the landslide win that wouldn't have happened without Wikileaks and the stupid democratic team surrounding the most seriously flawed candidate ever to run for president.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:

That said, context matters. I never said Kasich had the power to refuse refugees--merely that he accepted tens of thousands of such refugees into Ohio with zero complaint (proof?). I was responding to your claim that it was an "exaggeration" and "smearing" to suggest that Kasich wasn't a total warrior on the Muslim refugee front--a claim based on the absurd justification that he called for a pause to the policy late last year (long after the damage was irreparably done). Bottom line: Kasich never suggested that the refugee resettlement policy was anything but terrific until Trump started bludgeoning him (and the rest of the Republican field) about the head and shoulders with the issue. (wrong)

But no worries. My guy won, and yours lost spectacularly. That's good enough for me. Just because I began publicly predicting a Trump landslide within weeks of his announcement (proof?) (when a full year later people like you were still giving him less than a snowball's chance in hell) doesn't mean I'll start with any pretenses of credibility.

I call BS on your claim of "tens of thousands" since they started 21-25 years ago and Kasich is only responsible for 5 years (i.e. 2011-2015) and the annual number of ALL refugees since 2012 is 2,000.

FTR, I never claimed Kasich was always a "total warrior", I pushed back on ATWT's claim he was presently welcoming them. You used to understand the difference between past, present and future tenses... Kasich's stance has been conditional on adequate security and he started opposing them in September 2015 after the national security director said they couldn't guarantee all terrorists would be filtered out.

I guess we'll have to take your word on publicly supporting Trump from the beginning since that was during your 2-year gap of not posting on here (i.e. Feb 2014 to Apr 26, 2016).

Trumpies like you fail to recognize my pushing back on their rhetoric is about them, not Trump. I've defended him against Dems on UCS since he became the apparent nominee and I support most of his agenda.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Sam wrote:You might want to exhibit some humility over the landslide win that wouldn't have happened without Wikileaks and the stupid democratic team surrounding the most seriously flawed candidate ever to run for president.

You might want to dial back on that - we can argue over who was the most flawed ever. Undisputed is they both had the highest unfavorable poll numbers ever, however that doesn't go back very far.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm

PDad wrote:
Sam wrote:You might want to exhibit some humility over the landslide win that wouldn't have happened without Wikileaks and the stupid democratic team surrounding the most seriously flawed candidate ever to run for president.

You might want to dial back on that - we can argue over who was the most flawed ever. Undisputed is they both had the highest unfavorable poll numbers ever, however that doesn't go back very far.

I don't recall anyone running that was under imminent threat of federal indictment for failure to protect sensitive Govt information and for selling access/participating in bribery of the State Department.

You got somebody more flawed?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Sam wrote:
PDad wrote:

I don't recall anyone running that was under imminent threat of federal indictment for failure to protect sensitive Govt information and for selling access/participating in bribery of the State Department.

You got somebody more flawed?

A lot of us thought HRC should have been indicted, however the odds were very long against it because she avoided incriminating herself and was protected by the WH. Nixon in '72 was under the Watergate cloud that ultimately resulted in him resigning and being pardoned.

Losers of biggest landslides would count as more flawed candidates, at least in the context of those elections. I'm confident there are candidates that are/were more flawed on a personal level, especially when you consider independents and minor parties.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub