Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Cinco de Mayo

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by as the world turns » Fri May 12, 2017 8:25 am

George Orwell couldn't have scripted it better than what is happening at colleges today.

https://youtu.be/wvSfvpEbZqc

Best line of video: MIKE WEARS WHAT HE WANTS
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Fri May 12, 2017 9:30 am

Not related to the original post, but college snowflake got owned.

https://youtu.be/89SonD5lKGU
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 am

Ok, one more........

https://youtu.be/cG8JuJ3IDEA
as the world turns

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm

"ATWT...party of one. ATWT...party of one. Your table is ready..."
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:"ATWT...party of one. ATWT...party of one. Your table is ready..."

Well it's about damn time, I'd like to order the usual, you know, go make me a sandwich.

Thanks 05, that was way too easy

Btw, you can now take off the "I'm With Her" bumper sticker from your Prius sandwich delivery car.
as the world turns

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:51 pm

as the world turns wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:"ATWT...party of one. ATWT...party of one. Your table is ready..."

Well it's about damn time, I'd like to order the usual, you know, go make me a sandwich.

Thanks 05, that was way too easy

Btw, you can now take off the "I'm With Her" bumper sticker from your Prius sandwich delivery car.

We finally have something in common. We obviously both hate the Prius and bumper stickers.

You're still a grumpy old curmudgeon, though. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue May 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Everyone of those kids has a future...at McDs...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 pm

as the world turns wrote:George Orwell couldn't have scripted it better than what is happening at colleges today.

https://youtu.be/wvSfvpEbZqc

Best line of video: MIKE WEARS WHAT HE WANTS

Cinco de Mayo (pronounced: [ˈsiŋko ðe ˈmaʝo]; Spanish for "Fifth of May") is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.[1][2]

In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has taken on a significance beyond that in Mexico.[3][4][5][6] In the U.S. the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture. In Mexico, the commemoration of the battle continues to be mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades.

In the United States, Cinco de Mayo is sometimes mistaken for Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16, commemorating the Cry of Dolores that initiated the war of Mexican independence from Spain.[1][7]

Ignorance combined with Righteousness is alway dangerous. The people yelling at this poor kid are rather clueless. We all can agree there are probably "costumes" that probably should not be worn(i.e. blackface, KKK outfits, nazi uniforms etc...) but I do not think this kid's poncho rises to that level. These girls probably do not even know that Cinco de Mayo is not even a Federal Holiday in Mexico! The irony is that although celebrated in small pockets in the US for over 100 years, it did not become big until the 1980's when beer companies used it as a marketing opportunity(Mexican Beer Companies!!!!!) Soon followed by (Mexican) Tequila producers, Mexican restaurants etc.....

I just wonder- would they have the same indignation on coming across someone wearing green on St. Patricks Day? I guy in Lederhosen on Oktoberfest or Von Steuben Day? Perhaps my kilt on St. Andrew's day?? This people need to "lighten up" and stop looking to be offended.
jonriv

Return to The Pub