Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Players being thrown at intentionally!

by eclipse09 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Makes me wonder when my DD is pitching and receives quite a few inside pitches while batting. I am glad my DD stopped playing soccer. She had been elbowed, cleated in the knee and punched more than I can stand.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lazyspectator » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 am

Miken dad wrote:
lazyspectator wrote:First of all, I'd like to say hello to all of you. Newbie to the forum but not to the softball world. I was recently at my niece's fall tryout, with teamX. I was sitting near the dugout,where the teams catcher was talking and laughing about throwing at another teams pitcher in one of there recently played tournaments. I couldn't believe my ears! The coach walked by and had shut that convo down. Needless to say, my niece did not go back. Does this really go on in 14u girls softball?

That's pretty unbelieveable. I can't imagine a coach calling for that, but after reading on here and going to numerous games there are a lot of classless coaches outthere. Which team was it? if you don't mind me asking.

Some team called West Sac Attack. I tried to do some research. No real history on the team it is only a year old, but what I found out about the coach isn't to great
lazyspectator

by Miken dad » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

lazyspectator wrote:
Miken dad wrote:
lazyspectator wrote:First of all, I'd like to say hello to all of you. Newbie to the forum but not to the softball world. I was recently at my niece's fall tryout, with teamX. I was sitting near the dugout,where the teams catcher was talking and laughing about throwing at another teams pitcher in one of there recently played tournaments. I couldn't believe my ears! The coach walked by and had shut that convo down. Needless to say, my niece did not go back. Does this really go on in 14u girls softball?

That's pretty unbelieveable. I can't imagine a coach calling for that, but after reading on here and going to numerous games there are a lot of classless coaches outthere. Which team was it? if you don't mind me asking.

Some team called West Sac Attack. I tried to do some research. No real history on the team it is only a year old, but what I found out about the coach isn't to great

Never heard of them, but sounds like a team to avoid
Miken dad

by CoachJHirsh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:38 am

Whether intentional or not ...called by the coach or the battery themselves, it does happen. It has been part of baseball since its inception. Usually, off the hip or if pitcher misses spot on hip it is up and in on the back. Over the past 10 years I have seen it make its presence known in softball competitions. Let's be clear.... head shots are BS and dangerous! I do not condone any intentional HBP. If your out matched work harder and get better (both of you coach and pitcher).

Last season I personally witnessed in 10u in three separate games against same opponent. This team hit one of our girls in all three games and it "just so happened" to be our starting pitchers. I did not want to believe it was intentional. However, as a safety precaution, every time we faced them in the future I flexed my pitchers and "miraculously" nobody got hit???!!!

JMO
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Wow 10U :o

Miken dad said it's classless coaches, I'd say ignorant, underachieving, doucebag loser with self esteem issues who's trying to regain some unfilled dream that they never worked for or deserved in the first place.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lazyspectator » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 pm

exD1dad wrote:Wow 10U :o

Miken dad said it's classless coaches, I'd say ignorant, underachieving, doucebag loser with self esteem issues who's trying to regain some unfilled dream that they never worked for or deserved in the first place.

exD1dad, nailed it!! After a few calls in he sofball community it looks like this guy was kicked off the Sac Hitterz. For what you say, He apparently got into a fight with a parent in front of other families and girls :o . The moral of this story is for parents to do a little digging if you are unaware of a paticular coach. I told my brother the same thing before arranging to go to tryouts.

My niece found a great team to be on, nontheless
lazyspectator

Previous

Return to NorCal