Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

All Star Tournaments AST not USSSA?

by shaunw09 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 am

After I paid for USSSA registration planning to play in All Star Tournaments I was informed by Lance that they now are not USSSA tournaments and they have created AST to better serve the parents and coaches. What does this mean if anything? Does anybody see any potential issues with this change?
shaunw09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sidney M. Basil » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

What it means is that Lance and USSSA parted ways, and Lance is running his own show now. The USSSA registration doesn't carry over to his new business, but the new business registration fee is cheaper than the old one. Potential issues are huge: Is this better or worse? Is his new championship tournament really going to work if he limits it to just the winners of the previous ones? Can he keep all the fields that he has used, and if not, who will? Is there anyone running USSSA tourneys now that he is out? Will anyone miss the USSSA bids? Will the website (for my money, the best around over the past few years) be as good? And much more that I haven't thought of.
Sidney M. Basil

by shaunw09 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:15 am

How are they going to monitor players? Meaning "A" players playing on "B" teams? Do they have a way of checking for a player on multiple rosters? I doubt they can come close to USSSA's website and what it provides.
shaunw09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sidney M. Basil » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

I don't get the impression that they are going to be too concerned over rosters. Even under USSSA, Allstar Tournaments didn't care that much about who was playing for each team, it was always more like the Wild West where anything goes, for better or worse. Some teams never bothered to enter roster data.
Sidney M. Basil

by Yardsharks2012 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:49 pm

After 17 years we left usssa for political reason and costs. We are a non profit group all in for kids and also run (8) of our own fastpitch teams.

We now allow ghost bats and that was a huge issue when kids couldn't swing their own bats.
Nothing will change except we will have a lower online fee for my parents. Adding in $20,000 in scholarship money we use to have to pay USSSA and now give to the kids.

Our new bracketing web site will have all the rosters posted just like last year. It is the same site as PGF uses and is outstanding and easier to use that USSSA web site was.

My web site is all you need to use now for all the tournaments
http://www.allstartournaments.com

We have the same fields & tournament-still running BLD Manteca & Redding.
We have the same staff.
We have the same umpires.
We have the same great customer service.

Anyone is allowed to go to any world series and doesnt need a berth except. PGF. So really nothing has changed except. a little lower service fee paying online for my parents.

If I left anything out that you have a question on please email me anytime.
Lance@allstartournaments.com

http://www.allstartournaments.com
Yardsharks2012
Premium Member
Premium Member

by shaunw09 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 am

Thank you Lance for the explanation.
shaunw09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to NorCal