Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Teams and Changes in 14u

by linedrivelouie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:33 am

being that we are moving into 14's many of us have not payed a lot of attention to 14's. What kind of changes have happened with the 99 teams and who are the players?
I would think CA Breeze 99, Firecrackers Miller and Team CA Garcia are a few of the top teams. Who else is out there?

First year teams moving to 14's have had a ton of movement. I thought I would help break down some of the changes for the young 14's teams. No they are not in any order of ranking.

Salinas Storm James is out, not sure if the team stayed intact?

Firecrackers Baisden (Modesto) Main core is combination of Grapes K and Clovis Rockets.

Breeze Leles 9 of the old Hype team with additions from TC and Rapids

Firecrackers Sjole (Sacramento) Main core is a combination of Rapids and Foothill Gold 00

Team CA Main core is a combination of the TC crew and the Rapids who didn’t buy into the Firecrackes plan.

Magic Looks like most players stayed a few minor changes

With the nine teams listed here - Storm, Grapes K, Rockets, Hype, Gold 00, Rapids, TC, Magic, Breeze 00 turning into six, you would think these teams below might have gotten better from the fall out alone.

Nor Cal Bandits Noe The MVP team with a few additions

West Coast Fastpitch Ts the old Hanks Bombers with a few changes

Mizuno Coronado A lot of new names added
Last edited by linedrivelouie on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linedrivelouie

by 99NorCal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 am

linedrivelouie wrote:I would think CA Breeze 99, Firecrackers Miller and Team CA Garcia are a few of the top teams. Who else is out there?

Welcome to 14U, Louie.

I think you hit the top 3 2nd year teams. If I had to put them in pre-season order, it would be Firecrackers Miller, CA Breeze 99, Team California Garcia based on who went where at tryouts. Other teams in the 2nd year age group to look for based on last season performance are NorCal Bandits Castillo, Mizuno Stone, Foothill Gold and Roseville Heat. Some movement on all those teams so we'll see what everyone has as they get together.

Look for some or all of these teams to play in SoCal a time or two and play in a few if not all 16U tourneys.
99NorCal

by lookingIN » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

What about the Nuggets-Sorcerers Williams - KG Hitters - AASA Norwood. Lots of movement on all teams. FC Miller is still the team to beat.
lookingIN

by 99NorCal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:22 pm

lookingIN wrote:What about the Nuggets-Sorcerers Williams - KG Hitters - AASA Norwood. Lots of movement on all teams. FC Miller is still the team to beat.

Agreed! All good teams mentioned here and agree with your last statement.
99NorCal

by linedrivelouie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 am

lookingIN wrote:What about the Nuggets-Sorcerers Williams - KG Hitters - AASA Norwood. Lots of movement on all teams. FC Miller is still the team to beat.

I assume you are talking about the older KG team. Looking at the last Roster it seems like they were a pretty large mix of 98 99s. I was told (Via the rumor mill) because of work the 00 coach will not be around much during fall. Does anyone know if they will still have 2 teams or will they combine them for fall?? Either way both teams are strong in their age groups.
linedrivelouie

by onlooker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 am

Speaking of 99's. Is it safe to assume Team Cali is no longer a top team? I would suspect the days of being in that conversation are over (for now, and who knows how long). just a fall prediction (roster has 5 2017's left).

What a score for Nuggets and 14U coaching staff, great addition. Woods sure seems to be making all the right moves there, at least from a P.R. standpoint (and production). go look if you dont know who.

OBS should get a nod with the Drewery signing, to me (unless im out of line), more of an org signing than a team signing.

Who else improved their coaching staff this offseason?

Does RR have a 99 team? if yes, coached by? did the whole team go to FC?
onlooker

by handsinsidetheball » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 am

Clovis Rockets are now the Central Cal Dirt Dogs 14u..One former Rocket went to NCF.. Everyone else stayed together.

Mike Wallace
Head Coach
Central Cal Dirt Dogs 14u
handsinsidetheball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 99NorCal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

onlooker wrote:Speaking of 99's. Is it safe to assume Team Cali is no longer a top team? I would suspect the days of being in that conversation are over (for now, and who knows how long). just a fall prediction (roster has 5 2017's left).

I think it's too early to count Team CA out but they have their work cut out for them in terms of rebuilding. My fall prediction is that they're behind Firecrackers Miller and Breeze 99. Who else might be ahead of them to me is a wait and see.
99NorCal

by CPYC » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Some great rumors going around as usual. Team California -Garcia actually has kept nine of their eleven players from the Summer roster. That's a pretty good core coming back from a pretty competitive 99 team, that qualified for ASA Nationals, and was runner-up at the Champions Cup of Irvine, losing 5-4 in the championship game to a great Mizuno Briggs team from LA.

http://www.championscup.org/live-result ... nners.html

I'm pretty sure that the loss of 2 players does not constitute a major rebuilding project. TC lost two very good players, but we would argue that "good teams" win as a team and because of great coaching and not because of two very good players. With that said, we wish the two girl's that have gone on to a different team great success. They will be missed. But, like all good teams and coaches, we have moved on, picked up some great players from other teams, including a couple of fantastic outfielders and we feel our already very good defense just got better. We are looking forward to a great Fall season. For the record, we have eight 99's, one 98 and two 00's on our current roster. One of those 00's happens to be one of the top 14U catchers in Nor Cal, so don't assume that our younger girls can't play, because they can.

After tryouts, TC really likes what we have at all age groups and we think we will be competitive on a consistent basis. Good luck to all of the teams out there. We look forward to playing you all in the coming months.

Team California-CPYC
CPYC

by fansoftball » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

CPYC wrote:Some great rumors going around as usual. Team California -Garcia actually has kept nine of their eleven players from the Summer roster. That's a pretty good core coming back from a pretty competitive 99 team, that qualified for ASA Nationals, and was runner-up at the Champions Cup of Irvine, losing 5-4 in the championship game to a great Mizuno Briggs team from LA.

http://www.championscup.org/live-result ... nners.html

I'm pretty sure that the loss of 2 players does not constitute a major rebuilding project. TC lost two very good players, but we would argue that "good teams" win as a team and because of great coaching and not because of two very good players. With that said, we wish the two girl's that have gone on to a different team great success. They will be missed. But, like all good teams and coaches, we have moved on, picked up some great players from other teams, including a couple of fantastic outfielders and we feel our already very good defense just got better. We are looking forward to a great Fall season. For the record, we have eight 99's, one 98 and two 00's on our current roster. One of those 00's happens to be one of the top 14U catchers in Nor Cal, so don't assume that our younger girls can't play, because they can.

After tryouts, TC really likes what we have at all age groups and we think we will be competitive on a consistent basis. Good luck to all of the teams out there. We look forward to playing you all in the coming months.

Team California-CPYC

is there a good reason for keeping a 98 on a 14s roster?
fansoftball

Next

Return to NorCal