Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

NorCal

Consistent Rosters

by PitchersDad99 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:17 am

As a team, the MSC Tigers99 currently have 3 girls that have been together for 4 years. Last year we played up in 14U as a 98' team and had 5 girls at 3.5 years and 3 girls between 2-3 years.

At this age the the difference between the older girls and the younger girls is dramatic in relation to maturity. We didn't want to split them up, but it was time.

My wife and I have pictures of our championship rec-ball teams, that had these same girls on them, hanging on our wall. They will always be a very special part of our lives.

In my limited experience (only 6 years with the first 2 years in 8U rec-ball) the most important aspect in keeping the girls together is the parents. If you find someone who has been on 4 teams in 4 years, then they wiil probably be looking for number 6 after they're done with you. Also a coach needs to be somewhat thick skinned because no matter who you are you ain't gonna be match for everyone. No matter how magnanimous your posts are. :roll:
User avatar
PitchersDad99
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm

by 2muchparents » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 am

outnlftfield wrote:Maybe the RR gold/miller team can give KG hitters a game at March 24 RR tourney right?

For those of you that can't read as far as 2 post up, we are talking about the top 2000 team. RR miller is a 99.
You must have a dd on miller, so to pad your ego, RR is a better team.
2muchparents
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 pm

by 2muchparents » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am

You got me there. :shock:
2muchparents
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 pm

by Tenshun » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 am

I think part of the consistency behind these rosters is that the girls like playing with each other and are committed to the team. But it also says a lot about the coaches and their organizations commitment for being willing to develop the girls they already have.

Anyone think it's ironic that some of the teams with the greatest longevity are led by some of the most controversial coaches? They must be doing something right.
No courage. No game.
User avatar
Tenshun
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm

by bleacherpreacher » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 am

I think some coaches may be controversial to people from the outside but the players seem to love them.
User avatar
bleacherpreacher
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:19 pm

by catchers_rock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 am

Cen-cal 98's has some girls that have played together since rec ball.
Smash-Rios has a core that have played together for 3-4 yrs.
Smash-98's (same)

I think It helps for the girls to have that trust level that comes with play together for so long. they just know that the other have their backs. Those are the only ones I can think of that won’t mentioned previously.
catchers_rock
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

by lookingIN » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am

Never heard of Rio's Smash or Cen cal but I think if parents would just sit back and relax everything would work itself out. It is impossible to keep consistent rosters with unhappy parents. Drama always follows the gossip.
lookingIN
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 am

by catchers_rock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Never heard of Rio's Smash or Cen cal

Smash Rios- Formerly Lady Rebles
Cen-cal I think my only play USSSA, NSA and IFA in the past.
catchers_rock
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

by Iluvblue » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 pm

It is impossible to keep consistent rosters with unhappy parents. Drama always follows the gossip.



bingo...treat the parents like people, like subordinates and that solves most of the issues.

i dont really care if parents like what I am doing, but I will always let them know why I am doing what I am doing. I also try to never surprise them with a last second practice, or say we are having a weekend off, and then on Thursday night let them know we have a friendly. A little consideration goes a long way.
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by lookingIN » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:48 am

catchers_rock wrote:Never heard of Rio's Smash or Cen cal

Smash Rios- Formerly Lady Rebles
Cen-cal I think my only play USSSA, NSA and IFA in the past.


OK, Didnt know they are Smash now. Stud pitcher and catcher combo. Catcher is a beast.
IMO one or two players away from kicking down the doors.
lookingIN
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal