Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

New Firecracker Teams

by ICMTM » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am

Kool-Aid wrote:Its all a matter of perception when it comes to "talent pool".

In this area of NorCal, "high end" talent in softball is not spewing over the kettle, especially pitching, trust me.

What area is it spewing??? There are very few teams that actually say "we have too much pitching talent." Really like who has that problem?
ICMTM

by onlooker » Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 pm

ICMTM wrote:

In this area of NorCal, "high end" talent in softball is not spewing over the kettle, especially pitching, trust me.

What area is it spewing??? There are very few teams that actually say "we have too much pitching talent." Really like who has that problem?

So Cal Athletics - Quarles, So Cal Breakers - Williams, Firecrackers - Davis. All 3 of these teams are advertising for pitching in So Cal forum within past 24 hours. Which I think proves your point ICMTM.

Pitching in 14U is pretty sad on a whole up in nor Cal, seeing a LOT of "slow/straight" pitchers. I dont think I can count 10 who can compete for any FC job. G'luck of course.....
onlooker

by onlooker » Tue May 21, 2013 6:24 am

now im chatting with myself....Maybe there is a direct correlation. Only one team from Nor Cal is advertising for a Pitcher (TC Smash), so maybe 10 girls IS a good thing for Nor Cal? 10 Pitchers, now that I think about it, is probably on the border of "a lot" for a region. Is that the case? Is Nor Cal actually set at Pitching but lacking elsewhere? or does it just come back to spreading out the talent (which hopefully FC can address by assembling top talent).
onlooker

by Stealing Home » Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 am

So if you're looking to build an organization, or in case a brand in NorCal - should they be starting to fill from below? Thinking longer term here - but where's the post for 10u tryouts in August?
Stealing Home

by GameTime23 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 am

Handful of the STUD 98's pitchers playing up 16/18's too...
GameTime23

by plyball » Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

So who are the top 99 pitchers in nor cal where do they play now and will they make a move to play for firecrackers?
plyball

by Kool-Aid » Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 am

ICMTM wrote:

ICTM, exactly my point, and I was using pitching only as an example. Trust me i know that even the top teams need pitching. Here is the deal, TR wants to build his brand in NorCal, ok great, what he doesnt understand is, quality players (ANY postion) are not falling out of the sky in Stockton and Manteca (as adverstised), and/or Sacramento as teams are flooding the market BIG time right now, PLUS its a whole different player market in Socal, they have kids they cut who would bat cleanup for most up here, and just because he puts his name on something it might draw some kids, but I guarantee you it will be like using Hyundai parts to build a Porsche. And, dont kid yourself the coachs are not in place, that is a whole different issue, you have to pass TR's eye ball test and/or have him personally fill a spot with ex player or coach who has moved up here.

Just because you put your name on the front of the jersey doenst mean the name on the back is any good, and I have a feeling TR will find that out the hard way
Kool-Aid

by onlooker » Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 am

plyball wrote:So who are the top 99 pitchers in nor cal where do they play now and will they make a move to play for firecrackers?

The $64K question.....If HeyBucket parents can simply make positive comments, this could actually help not only TR and the FC startup, but it could help all these girls.
onlooker

by GameTime23 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 am

Play Ball....Top 99's are all with top teams (sorcerer, RR,TC,aasa, ect), good coaches and solid orgs.

Those kids are not going to jump ship because of a teams name.....Comes back to coaching and that will attract top talent..
GameTime23

by PDad » Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

UPDATE:
The NorCal Firecrackers will have two 00s teams and a 99 team. Coaches are in place, but names will not be released until the end of Summer.

1. 00s- Sacramento Area
2. 00s- Stockton/Manteca Area
3. 99s- Stockton/Manteca Area

Firecrackers usually bring on existing teams rather than start-ups. They are usually solid teams that aren't part of a top-tier organization. Any candidate teams for those ages and areas?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal