Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Teams and Changes in 14u

by 99NorCal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

CPYC wrote:Some great rumors going around as usual. Team California -Garcia actually has kept nine of their eleven players from the Summer roster. That's a pretty good core coming back from a pretty competitive 99 team, that qualified for ASA Nationals, and was runner-up at the Champions Cup of Irvine, losing 5-4 in the championship game to a great Mizuno Briggs team from LA.

http://www.championscup.org/live-result ... nners.html

I'm pretty sure that the loss of 2 players does not constitute a major rebuilding project. TC lost two very good players, but we would argue that "good teams" win as a team and because of great coaching and not because of two very good players. With that said, we wish the two girl's that have gone on to a different team great success. They will be missed. But, like all good teams and coaches, we have moved on, picked up some great players from other teams, including a couple of fantastic outfielders and we feel our already very good defense just got better. We are looking forward to a great Fall season. For the record, we have eight 99's, one 98 and two 00's on our current roster. One of those 00's happens to be one of the top 14U catchers in Nor Cal, so don't assume that our younger girls can't play, because they can.

After tryouts, TC really likes what we have at all age groups and we think we will be competitive on a consistent basis. Good luck to all of the teams out there. We look forward to playing you all in the coming months.

Team California-CPYC

Defensive much? I didn't say major rebuilding, only rebuilding. Like you said, players come and go all the time for whatever reason. I think Team California will be just fine, which is why I said people should wait and see. Rumors you mention must be somewhere else. All I see is some talk about preseason teams and where they might stack up. And no one said anything about your players and their years and abilities. So I'll end the same way I started. Defensive much?
99NorCal

by CPYC » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Yes! But I don't know what it is. That's between the coach, parents and kid.
CPYC

by CPYC » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Huh?

I wasn't being defensive at all. Onlooker said we only had 5 2017's coming back. I'm sure that statement was due to our website showing returning girls and was not updated yet. Just setting the record straight. Not mad, not defensive, not emotionally charged in anyway, actually. You then stated:

"they have their work cut out for them in terms of rebuilding"

I was simply stating the facts regarding our team is not rebuilding. I'm not sure who sounds more defensive, me or you, but my post was not about creating controversy. I've heard from a few people that they had heard we lost a lot of players when in fact we had not. Sorry if that post offended you in any way. Not my intention.
CPYC

by 99NorCal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm

CPYC, all good then. I'm a fan of your team and wish you the best. The performance of your team speaks for itself. Good luck with the fall season.
99NorCal

by onlooker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

CPYC wrote:Huh?

I wasn't being defensive at all. Onlooker said we only had 5 2017's coming back. I'm sure that statement was due to our website showing returning girls and was not updated yet. Just setting the record straight.

yes, it was from that. your website which was updated after nationals and after the 2 resignations, shows 2 2018's, 1 2016 and 5 2017's. (6 total 99's, I said 5, my fault)

lets remove the TC/CPYC from my thinking on this for a minute....

Ask yourself this:
You are a 2nd year team in any division (i dont care 10U, 12U, 14U).
AND
38-42%% of your roster at tryout time is 2nd year aged girls for that age group

are you rebuilding? Yes, but how much is not known until P and C are known.

AND
AND
you lost the #1 P in a 4-5 hour drive, (your #2 is good, please dont take wrong, better than most if not all tier 2 teams P's. Just a fan of your #1's success to date)

are you rebuilding? YES, to say the least.

It's ok to rebuild, its not a bad thing....however, it would bode strong for your org if you can get some talent to show up around the girls you have and remain a top tier team. I think that is a tough task considering the landscape of 100 teams that we have around here. that's all....keep representing.
onlooker

by Stealing Home » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Can we get a new forum going for the CEO's such as Magic Mike and Mr. Eaton, somewhere where they can stroke their own egos?
Stealing Home

by Saywhat44 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 pm

The more that the heads of organizations post in their defense, the more desparate they look. They just have to have the last word.
Saywhat44

by 1pitchatatime » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 am

What about the Nuggets-Sorcerers Williams - KG Hitters - AASA Norwood. Lots of movement on all teams. FC Miller is still the team to beat.

Miller loses 3 top players(2pitchers) to Sorcerer and you still believe they are the team to beat?
1pitchatatime

by realtalk » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:39 am

Cal Nuggets- (dont count them out) seem to be stock piling and picking up everyone...players from Sting, Storm, Sorcerers. Etc. They have stacked up all the pitching and catching prob about 3-4 deep per team. Definatly should be a top contender. Now, comes down to coaching. The coaching staff and players they are enquiring look good on paper but we will see when they hit the dirt.
realtalk

by Bleacher bug » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

onlooker wrote:
CPYC wrote:Huh?

I wasn't being defensive at all. Onlooker said we only had 5 2017's coming back. I'm sure that statement was due to our website showing returning girls and was not updated yet. Just setting the record straight.

yes, it was from that. your website which was updated after nationals and after the 2 resignations, shows 2 2018's, 1 2016 and 5 2017's. (6 total 99's, I said 5, my fault)

Ok I would normally not comment however I think this is funny as hell. Onlooker you obviously do not know anything about this team and seem to struggle with getting facts straight and simple addition/subtraction. Looking at the website they have 7 99 returning players, not 5, not 6.

onlooker wrote:lets remove the TC/CPYC from my thinking on this for a minute....

Couldn't agree more!!! But let's look at your math....

onlooker wrote:Ask yourself this:
AND

are you rebuilding? Yes, but how much is not known until P and C are known.

Again no team name involved here if 9 of 11 players from a previous season are returning which means 18.1% of the girls on a roster of 11 are being replace. The easy way to say that might be, the team replaced 2. How do you come up with major rebuild??

Not sure what your 38 – 42%% means but if a team has 9 returning players at tryouts and 2 of those returning players are a different age, then that still only equals 22.2%. My question is why on earth does that matter if 22% of your returning players are a different age? If a kid can earn their spot in the starting 9 and competes who cares if they are 6 or 13, wouldn’t you want them?

My daughter’s team had a roster of 12 and lost 4 players from last season, 2 good players with great parents and 2 who hardly even cracked the top 9 ever. In no way would I say we are in a major rebuild. We added 3 players who are just as strong if not better then the 2 strong players we lost and now have a smaller roster so kids get more time in fall, with one less weak link. I simply call that Travel Ball
Bleacher bug

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal