Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Nor Cal Gold for 2010

by Old Darter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:14 am

SSARGE...as always I respect and agree with you opinions. Some great posts. I wouldn't worry to much about TH, he's an obvious hack for the XXXXettes. One of his many usernames, I'm sure. The more he posts the less qualified he becomes.
Old Darter

by Goldball4 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:32 am

Another theft has occured!! LOL ty again SJS!
Goldball4

by ssarge » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:37 am

SSARGE...as always I respect and agree with you opinions. Some great posts. I wouldn't worry to much about TH, he's an obvious hack for the XXXXettes. One of his many usernames, I'm sure. The more he posts the less qualified he becomes.

Thanks, O.D, I appreciate that. They are just that - opinions.

It has been my observation - and obviously, I have an historical and legacy-based bias - that the Shockers get laughingly marginalized. I have no idea why, I think their accomplishments (both on the field and in signing players) are pretty darned good. And it isn;t easy to do it when the Sorcerers are basically in the same city.

I think the SHockers use the derisive comments as locker-room wall fodder, so maybe they are a good thing.

But qualifying for Gold out of the west in 2 of the first 4 years of a team's existence is pretty solid. And hasn't been accomplished all that often. To truly be considered a power, the organization obviously has to go deep at Nationals, and win a couple of games against historic powerhouse teams in CHAMPIONSHIP play (they've certainly done that in showcases and friendlies). That may / may not happen, but I wouldn't bet against them.
ssarge

by TopHat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:48 pm

I agree to! As odd as that sounds, you make great points ssarge, and I feel I've turned a corner and almost feel like renumbering my list! But that is what this forum is for!

Why are the shockers dismissed? I admit I completely dismissed you. That was a strange dynamic, I dont think of Shockers when I think of top hat clubs. Like Lady Magic, a weak showing in OKC, but you made it there the past few years. The coaching has always been strong with the Shockers; maybe that is why the overachieve.

Thanks for the well thought out response!

Unlike many of the posters on this board, you actually address the issue, and you do so well, instead of nonsene old hat ad hominim attacks; quite refrershing and rare.

luv2catch:
I find it very hard to believe that the Sorcerer has resigned to a "showcase year" that is just rediculous! The pitching staff this year will be just fine. Although it does not have the flame thrower that everyone believes it takes to win, the girls will compete against any team with no fear or intimidation. They held down the best of So.Cal this fall which should be the same teams they face in the summer. I am proud to say there is no quit in this staff and I would not trade these girls for any others! You will be pleasantly suprised when you watch these girls in June.

I predict you will continue to do well getting players signed; let me know if Sorcerers decide to compete in 2010. See you at the friendlies!
TopHat

by ssarge » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 am

Thank you, Top Hat. No need to "renumber." It all gets prooved out on the field soon enough anyway.

Though I do wish I could get you to reconsider a little about Lady Magic. Winning 16A was a phenomenal accomplishment. Qualifying for Gold Nats out of California is likewise a significant accomplishment. And they had a better than respectable showing in OKC as well, finishing in the top half (T25). With a young team, and no college players. I thought they represented NorCal very well, and did our region proud.

Best regards,

Scott
ssarge

by TopHat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 am

The Lady Magic is loaded with Talent. Take those girls and give them to a top level 18 Gold coach and they would be a power house. The talent is why they have even that much success.

It is not the girls. Even girls that good cannot overcome horrible coaching calls.

I will watch them again this year and if they have wised up in their play calling, I will surely love to post a retraction. If I observe them making Rec League calls and acting like 10U Rec League coaches while making game costing blunders, then they can live with that reputation. And it will be detrimental them, ensuring that I am correct in my characterization of them.
TopHat

by ssarge » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 am

Bringing the girls together and keeping them together is a big part of coaching. What happens on the field is too, as you assert. But recruiting, motivating, retaining are huge. And the challenge of keeping a core group together these days would challenge a Lombardi.

The team is also signing 100% of it's players, most to significant schools. That is impressive, too.

Best,

Scott
ssarge

by wild999 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm

First off, I don't believe Sorcerers stole big lefty last year. Peralas pushed her away with his ego being as large as it is and big mistake on his part. As for the Sorcerers, it is or should not even be a question they achieved all that they did with Ricketts on the mound. Yes Allard and a few others contributed but it came down to Ricketts period. I happen to agree with Spysoftball when he watched the Sorcerers play this fall and they are no means the team they were in the summer. All the pitchers they had for fall were OK but not one good enough to shut down any true contenders. I think it was smart of them to add yet another pitcher to the pitching rotation. Maybe between all 7 of them they can get something going. Phil was blessed with good talent last summer and not so sure it was about his coaching. Actually he can't take any credit for ricketts or her catcher and allard was groomed way before she became a part of his gold team by another coach. He has had MANY players quit on him. Last year it was the year players quit and this is the year coaches are quitting so to put him on a pedastool - I think not. Smart move for him not to attend nationals because I think he also knows it was Ricketts that brought him home the gold last year and it certainly would not be happening this year and not even in the top 15. Sorry Ssarge, but I agree with Hesse on this one for sure.
wild999

by truth » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 pm

wild999 wrote:First off, I don't believe Sorcerers stole big lefty last year. Peralas pushed her away with his ego being as large as it is and big mistake on his part. As for the Sorcerers, it is or should not even be a question they achieved all that they did with Ricketts on the mound. Yes Allard and a few others contributed but it came down to Ricketts period. I happen to agree with Spysoftball when he watched the Sorcerers play this fall and they are no means the team they were in the summer. All the pitchers they had for fall were OK but not one good enough to shut down any true contenders. I think it was smart of them to add yet another pitcher to the pitching rotation. Maybe between all 7 of them they can get something going. Phil was blessed with good talent last summer and not so sure it was about his coaching. Actually he can't take any credit for ricketts or her catcher and allard was groomed way before she became a part of his gold team by another coach. He has had MANY players quit on him. Last year it was the year players quit and this is the year coaches are quitting so to put him on a pedastool - I think not. Smart move for him not to attend nationals because I think he also knows it was Ricketts that brought him home the gold last year and it certainly would not be happening this year and not even in the top 15. Sorry Ssarge, but I agree with Hesse on this one for sure.

Anyone who thinks pedestal is spelled "pedastool" has zero credibility. Go away "whystealthem"....I mean "wild999". No one cares that your daughter was cut, quit, or whatever the case may be. It is obvious you don't have any affiliation with the Sting. Just a jealous hater.
truth

by TopHat » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 pm

wild999 wrote:First off, I don't believe Sorcerers stole big lefty last year. Peralas pushed her away with his ego being as large as it is and big mistake on his part. As for the Sorcerers, it is or should not even be a question they achieved all that they did with Ricketts on the mound. Yes Allard and a few others contributed but it came down to Ricketts period. I happen to agree with Spysoftball when he watched the Sorcerers play this fall and they are no means the team they were in the summer. All the pitchers they had for fall were OK but not one good enough to shut down any true contenders. I think it was smart of them to add yet another pitcher to the pitching rotation. Maybe between all 7 of them they can get something going. Phil was blessed with good talent last summer and not so sure it was about his coaching. Actually he can't take any credit for ricketts or her catcher and allard was groomed way before she became a part of his gold team by another coach. He has had MANY players quit on him. Last year it was the year players quit and this is the year coaches are quitting so to put him on a pedastool - I think not. Smart move for him not to attend nationals because I think he also knows it was Ricketts that brought him home the gold last year and it certainly would not be happening this year and not even in the top 15. Sorry Ssarge, but I agree with Hesse on this one for sure.

1. A fine and most accurate Sorcerer assessment. Very close to mine own. PM's actions this year remind me of Roberto Duran's last fight: "No Mas, No Mas".

2. 7 Pitchers is just fine when you intend to show case all year. It is likely a very good year to be a back up pitcher on the Sorcerer's team. Last year, perhaps not so much.

3. Would you care to offer your insight as to the Sting/Big Lefty situation? 3 Ricketts girls, 3 full rides and it meant nothing. It was curious.
TopHat

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal