Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14U 99 teams, what are your needs?

by triplecrown » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am

That if your slow and uncoordinated and throw your helmet after you go down looking, dont come to tryout :)
triplecrown

by onlooker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 am

THIS IS FOR "A" BALL TEAMS.....there aren't many here guys.

Why is this so tough for you to figure out? There are only 4-6 decent org's in 14U in NorCal with a 99 team. There are only so many openings on these teams... This isn't like runing the OBS Monarchs or Rocklin Hype, who are NOT one of these orgs. These teams already have their players, very FEW spots of worth are open (bench spots are not sports of worth). YOU must know your own kids abilities. Therefore, I think its pretty clear that grapes have 8-9 players AT MINIMUM (thats not a core you flippin IDIOT, that is a frikin TEAM looking to fill bench and force competition). WHo isn't looking for a P? Well, here you go again on the outside not being educated. Folks, there aren't anymore #1 P's just popping up from talent we had in the fall this is 14U, we ALL know who they are, there arent many. In fact, someone PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG...of the teams I listed, I bet 3-4 dont take a P as they already have 3 or 4. Shocking eh? thats because their talent is already better than what's out there, it's not a frikin secret, this isnt 10U!

Grapettes - needs a P, that means they NEED a P! are you frikin blind? everyone doesnt need a P. You are that ignorant arent you? They also need bench/utility players to push starters....didn't you read that in his post? Core? cmon, its a team man looking to fill the spots of those who left.

TC SMash - he said it, watch out!!! LMAO....he clearly says he wants another C, you think there is a C's parent walking around now all pissed? NO! again these are teams looking to fill certain holes, not cores looking to build a team.

Amazing I hav to point out the obvious. Clearly you on othe outside have NO CLUE as to the real playground up here. deal with it, cuz it is what it is.

in fact, looks like heat now only has 8 players, this is a CORE, because half of the 8 are coaches kids, that is NOT a team yet. in fact, they NEED a P. I'll say it for them, looks like their #1 is not on roster anymore.

ETA: removed part about individual girls talent (although it wasnt bad, i swore to myself not to mention a talent level again individually)
Last edited by onlooker on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
onlooker

by Iluvblue » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 am

Im a little confused as to what you are saying in regards to the Monarchs?

Im not trying to get into a pissing contest with you... i am really not. But for you to say that I am basically clueless or "uneducated" on how it works is pretty funny, considering how long I was in 14u in this area. I have been around a while, and I try to give my insights into my experiences in this area.

As far as bench spots.. well any0one having tryouts, or any coach worth a damn, doesnt just have "Benchspots" available. They have a few roster openings, and then after they fill those if the kid is better than the kid they already had, the new kid is no longer a new kid, and that player will take the starting position.

i will stop here, but the premise behind your post is not going to work. These teams are not pro teams that have ONLY specific openings. They are ALL looking for the best athletes they can find, and I dont care who has 3 pitchers, they always want a better one. Sorry, but that is reality.
Iluvblue

by onlooker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 am

im saying nothing in regards to the monarchs or hype other than what I said, which is why I dont have them on the list at this time. These top teams produce and keep the same talent (looks like Heat I have to remove after seeing roster this morning, ill do that in a minute). Keeping a roster does not translate into a top team, results do.

bench spots does = roster openings (these teams just done take anyone). and yes, when the bench players outplay the starters, the roles reverse, AFTER they have made the team from going to a tryout in which they had a possiblity of earning a spot. Just trying to get Suzy the stud C to a team that doesnt have 3 C already. WHo benefits from that? 1-2 families walk either now or at end of summer! JEEZUS, these teams dont work like that. at 14U we arent finding ourselves if we are in this conversation about making a team like these. We are found already.

I didnt say your clueless on how "it" works, in fact your answer is A-Typical and was expected (by all, even I was prepared to say it won't work) to be looked at as longshot at getting ANY answers (as I originally mentioned!). You are clearly clueless into the rosters of these top teams, that appears to be the case by YOUR answers. I assure you that there are only a very few "starting positions" open (if any). A FEW!! I KNOW as I stated that odds are NO ONE will fill this out, but I am simply creating the oportunity. You CHOSE to shoot it down immediately which does no family any good, that is for sure.

I hate talking about individual kids, this is my attempt at putting the focus on top teams and top orgs in an effort to make them ALL better for the sake of NorCal as I clearly believe that having simply DF website, word of mouth/websites and Heybucket is NOT enough to get the proper talent to the top teams. Its a shame if you ask me.

That being said, quit fighting the fact that there are very very vew spots open at the top. Quit pointing out that any coach wil take a stud, that is NOT a defense to this thread. frustrating. One thing I have learned through all of this, is ALL org's appear to have the same cloak mentality which is advertise the tryout, advertise a few open positions, hope the team/org name brings lots to tryouts and in the end, pick from those that came. That all seems to me a little bit inept at producing the BEST results. simply.
onlooker

by Iluvblue » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 am

That is where we will disagree. These "Top" teams dont produce and KEEP the top talent.

By the way... we arent not having tryouts because we take any old body that comes along. I am actually pretty selective.

Like I said, you have probably (I dont know you) been around for a few years, and the softball world as you see it is PROBABLY limited to the 14u world in which you live.

i could be wrong, but I doubt it:)

By the way, if you know anything about me, you will learn pretty quickly that softball is NEVER personal for me, so you dont need to get so fired up and sling insults. this is softball discussion that isnt worth getting all pissy over.
Iluvblue

by Bigbats12 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 am

According to the roster, looks like Heat 99 lost half their team. I know their starting catcher left for the Breeze after spring but now their #1 pitcher is missing from the roster along with some others. What is going on out there in Lincoln???
Bigbats12

by ICMTM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

The real purpose of this thread is so parents can have an easier road map on where to take their kids. Coaches are not going to have a heart to heart with parents, and they are not going to put all their needs and wants on Heybucket. They don't have to for starters, and to basically ask coaches to depth chart kids isn't fair to the kids they have. Even though all coaches have a depth chart why are we asking them to rate their 13 year old kids and post about it on a website? That's for the parent to figure out. If you want a better idea of where your kid stands contact each coach directly.

Make an honest assessment of your kid and find kids of her ability to play with. The rest takes care of itself.
ICMTM

by Iluvblue » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm

ICMTM wrote:The real purpose of this thread is so parents can have an easier road map on where to take their kids. Coaches are not going to have a heart to heart with parents, and they are not going to put all their needs and wants on Heybucket. They don't have to for starters, and to basically ask coaches to depth chart kids isn't fair to the kids they have. Even though all coaches have a depth chart why are we asking them to rate their 13 year old kids and post about it on a website? That's for the parent to figure out. If you want a better idea of where your kid stands contact each coach directly.

Make an honest assessment of your kid and find kids of her ability to play with. The rest takes care of itself.

You said it much better than I:)
Iluvblue

by noncrazynorcal » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Bigbats12 wrote:According to the roster, looks like Heat 99 lost half their team. I know their starting catcher left for the Breeze after spring but now their #1 pitcher is missing from the roster along with some others. What is going on out there in Lincoln???

Heat 99 has had some changes and so have the Breeze. There is no more Team Xtreme 99 but that's not a surprise to anybody. Keep an eye on http://www.norcalbanditsfastpitch.com/#!roster-/cyg for some familiar names. Bandits will compete this year. Now Lady Bombers have 2 14u teams.
noncrazynorcal

by catchers_rock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:24 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of. Team” X” has 4 99's that want to play and team “Y” has 6, so why don’t we merge the girls for spring. or look at creating a new team of just 99's. Some don’t want to leave their org. just want to play. I think that would be helpful to parents.
catchers_rock

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal