Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Well Well, the old Witches up to their old tricks!!

by CheckWriter » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 pm

PARENTS are too blame , plain and simple.

Blame is a relative term.

I think we (parents) all sincerely try to help our DDs get into the best possible situation. Sometimes we screw up.

Hopefully, most of the time we help them make the right decision. Really, the only way to recognize a good situation is to have been in some bad (or at least some not so great) ones. We have logged at least 12 DD years of travel ball and have been on good teams where parents of kids that have been on the same team for some time were complaining having no idea how good they had it. We've been on teams where when Coach Jeckyl when recruiting, turned into Coach Hyde once committed - we couldn't wait for the season to be over so we could make like shepherds and get the flock out of there and other parents thought it was GREAT. For every ass, a seat.

Enjoy the good times, learn from the mistakes.

You had better enjoy the journey because none of us are in a hurry to get to the final destination (that would be 6 feet under)!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ssarge » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 am

Now girl from Sorcerers leaves to go to the Grapes? No loyalty anywhere, well maybe to Pete. I don't know why I used so much stupid energy thinking about this subject. PARENTS are too blame , plain and simple. Not another word from me about anyone on this subject, and I apologize to those I offended! From what I see on these rosters, not much moving around nor new players coming in. Should be a fun summer.

I doubt you offended anyone. You just showed some bias, or so it seemed to me.

We all have bias, and that's OK, actually.

In this case, I thought bias against the Sorcerers was a little over the top, and so I chose to comment. Doesn't make ME right, either. And I have my own bias - Phil is a friend. I just think there is a natural tendancy to be a little harder on the people who are having success. That's OK too, but I think the better response is for the rest of us to just work harder and pass them.

If some team breaks a rule, that should be pursued with the aapropriate infrastructure. If some team is more aggressive than you like, it's OK to point that out, too. I felt the Sorcerers were being vilified though, and that seemed to me to be a disporportionate reaction.

Now, if the Sorcerers started publically bitching about the couple of kids who went to the Grapes, I'd be disappointed. I doubt you'll see that, though. I think those kids and their parents had every right to leave the Sorcerers. It works both ways, and hopefully, they made the right decision for THEM.

It SHOULD be a fun summer, let's all work to make it that.

Regards,

Scott
ssarge

by instiga8tor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am

One of the kids was with the Grapes , left the Grapes to go Scorcerer, and now returned to Grapes.

So who took who.... does it really matter?
instiga8tor

Previous

Return to NorCal