Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Memorial Day 2013

by PDad » Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 am

Old Darter wrote:I doubt Cal was there. The NCAA D1 schools are in a dark period until the end of the WCWS. ...

NCAA D1 Dead Period started today - (2) May 28 through June 6 (noon), 2013: Dead Period
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lrfastpitch » Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm

i agree the comp in lincoln in certain age groups were stacked.the 12 u 14 u and 16 u.had more of the premiere names in the area. All tournaments had teams that didnt belong.i think it showed in the brackets of gold and silver.rnr had some good teams..all american first yearhad great comp at the 18 gold level.so i think its what you perfer.ive played both so you get comp at all.
lrfastpitch

by Jar19201 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Old Darter wrote:
FullCount wrote:Not sure why they called it a Showcase, probably because it was showcase format (??). Pretty much a friendly with a LOT of teams.

But you are incorrect... Heard Cal was there (in Tracy), along with at least 1 other school. So useless for those who do not do their homework ahead of time and Email those coaches they are in contact with so they know to come out & watch. Come on people, you can't expect to just enter a tourney labelled "showcase" and think they're gonna pour in & discover you. That's not how this recruiting thing typically works. Ya gotta do some legwork. Sounds like a couple girls did, and those coaches were there... for them.

I doubt Cal was there. The NCAA D1 schools are in a dark period until the end of the WCWS. Pretty sure D2 is still dark as well. Probably just someone wearing a jacket. Diane, John and Tammy are way to cautious to recruit during a dark period.

Cal actually was in Tracy watching. Stayed for a few hours on Saturday, but didn't see much of anyone on Sunday.
Jar19201

Previous

Return to NorCal