Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

NorCal

16s FATT DADDY's ....what's going on!!

by blue1956 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Iluvblue wrote:say whatever you want.. they are a very good team with outstanding pitching.... no matter who they play.... Just sayin :roll:

I saw them play at MDC would you say tge screwball pitcher is their best pitcher?
blue1956
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

by blue1956 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Bob Uecker wrote:
DogHouse36 wrote:We played everyone that was in the other dugout just like every other tournament that's played in every city. :o


And so you should. It doesn't matter who is in the other dugout. Granted, on weaker teams you can do some different things with your line-up and on stronger teams you knuckle down a bit more. But the one fact still remains, you play to win every game regardless of who your competitor is. If you don't....then why play!

Just sayin :o :o

That is a great concept I think I will use that one at the next tournament, friendly, etc.. What the hell in LIFE!! And dont brag about taking second place lets save that for when you win something!! Just saying!![*] :o
blue1956
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

by Iluvblue » Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm

I saw them play at MDC would you say tge screwball pitcher is their best pitcher?


Both very effective, very different pitchers. One had better control in the game I saw them in.

No matter who is pitching, for a 14u team, the pitching will not be the reason they lose a game.

By the way, a 14u team playing up in 16u shouldnt get all excited. I would guess half those "16u" teams were actually 14u (at the rr tourney) 35% or more of the 18u teams were actually 16u, and of those, half of them were WEAK. A very good 14u team can play with most of the teams older than them, even 18u teams.

I can promise that the 14u miller team could have played 18u this weekend in Stockton and been 6-2 depending on which pool they were in as their pitching was better than many 18u teams.
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by Kool-Aid » Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 am

Iluvblue wrote:I saw them play at MDC would you say tge screwball pitcher is their best pitcher?


Both very effective, very different pitchers. One had better control in the game I saw them in.

No matter who is pitching, for a 14u team, the pitching will not be the reason they lose a game.

By the way, a 14u team playing up in 16u shouldnt get all excited. I would guess half those "16u" teams were actually 14u (at the rr tourney) 35% or more of the 18u teams were actually 16u, and of those, half of them were WEAK. A very good 14u team can play with most of the teams older than them, even 18u teams.

I can promise that the 14u miller team could have played 18u this weekend in Stockton and been 6-2 depending on which pool they were in as their pitching was better than many 18u teams.




Ok, i agree that a good 14u team like (FC ex..) with soon to be Sophomores primarily on team facing 11yr/12yr/13yr old pitchers, is NOT making those kids better, matter of fact I can almost guarantee that any school watching them play wants to see them face top pitching, meaning top GOLD teams.

May not be the reason they lose but, I can almost guarantee you that it will be the reason they do not win.

BLUE1956, what team do you coach so I can come watch you play?
Last edited by Kool-Aid on Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kool-Aid
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

by Iluvblue » Thu May 30, 2013 7:53 am

I totally disagree that in 14u or ANY other AGE class, that "pitching is not the reason a team will lose a game", man I cant believe you even typed that.


Hahaha, that is because I didnt type THAT.

I think you are a little confused n what I meant as I didnt do a very good job of making my point.

My point was in regards to this specific team only, and that their pitching is very good, and when they lose games it will not be for lack of pitching. If they lose a game 2-0, it wasnt pitching that let them down, it will have been lack of offense, or mistakes on defense in most cases for THIS team.


Now on 85% of the teams out there (maybe more) the lack of pitching will kill them every time they play a good team.


If you are going to quote me, it would be best to cut and paste. Changing one or two words changes everything:)


Lets try again:
No matter who is pitching(talking about the 2 pitchers being disucssed on RR Miller only), for a 14u team( referencing someone elses comment about them playing 16u), the pitching will not be the reason they lose a game.(On rr miller when they pitch their best)
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by Kool-Aid » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 am

[quote="Iluvblue"]




No matter who is pitching, for a 14u team, the pitching will not be the reason they lose a game.


This looks to me like ANY 14u team, it is not team specific. Only reason i say this, as I know where you wanted to go with this, but you didnt, thank god :o .. You did do a good job of spinning it though :)

how about that cut and paste, thanks teacher
Kool-Aid
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

by GameTime23 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:03 am

DoggPound….Not sure if your chest thumping or fishing for compliments?

RR99 have been Nor Cal tops 99’s for the past 2 years with Team Cali99 on their heels.

Only thing average is 9 out of 10 RR Tournaments.
User avatar
GameTime23
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:03 pm

by blue1956 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 am

Koolaid

BLUE1956, what team do you coach so I can come watch you play?[/quote]
I only coach from leftfield now days, and you wouldnt want to watch my DDs team they are not that good right now!....just saying!! we will see how they are in a couple of months...
blue1956
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

by Iluvblue » Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm

your cut and pace leaves off information that makes it make sense... lets try again:

I saw them play at MDC would you say tge screwball pitcher is their best pitcher?

this line above is from someone asking me who I thought was the better of RR Miller's two pitchers


now my response:

Both very effective, very different pitchers. One had better control in the game I saw them in.

No matter who is pitching(still talking about the same two kids and the same team), for a 14u team(meaning rr gold miller is 14u), the pitching will not be the reason they(referring to same team) lose a game.



there we go. Hope that clarifies, as i already said my original post was probably not very clear, especially when you think Im trying to go somewhere or spin things.
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by Iluvblue » Thu May 30, 2013 1:58 pm

May not be the reason they lose but, I can almost guarantee you that it will be the reason they do not win.



Kool-aid, we are in 100% agreement with that last statement. Anytime a good team loses a game, you can guarantee the team they lose to had damn good pitching.

Now agreeing on who is or is not a "Good team," is a different story. :D
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal