Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Changes in the 14u world?

by NorCal96 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Hmmm, I'm curious also! Inquiring minds want to know!
NorCal96

by xxxYerOut » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 am

NorCal96 wrote:Hmmm, I'm curious also! Inquiring minds want to know!

lvtwft wrote:Team of the 96 and 95's you are talking about?? Curious

I have a guess, but please tell yours first.
xxxYerOut

by CrushersDad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 am

Dittoz is right, this thread got way off subject...

First, I am not talking about a 95 96 team.

Second, there are ALWAYS lots of changes in the 14U world. I can't wait to see how 2010 shakes out in the end!
CrushersDad

by Iluvblue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 am

Wasnt it Crushers dad on here last Fall saying they were excited to be on one of the top 14u teams in our area. Now they are up in 16u??????

Im pretty curious as to what top 14u team that was myself.
And there are not tons of changes in 14u among the better teams. Thats why they are the better teams.
Iluvblue

by dittoz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 am

Actually noteable area 14s HAVE had many changes (except for yours and Lady Magic and kudos to both!)...

Grapettes (Lee) from Sp '09 is effectively no more. Not sure if the team is even still there...
14u AASA has turned over many of their players from Sp '09
RR 14's are now either a '96 team or the old '95 teams are spread out amongst 3 different 16u teams.
Breeze 14u from last year (13th at Nat's) that moved up to 16s has many changes
Sorcerer 14u has many new faces as well.

14's are an age when and where the diversity of talent leads to players rapidly moving around. Whether it is to play up in 16's, or simply forced to move up, or recruited to 18's(G), or those who elect not to play anymore we see a lot of movement and it is not at all indicative of the level of talent or success of the team...
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Im not talking about from Summer of last year. Im talking about changes from last Fall. The top teams in the age group dont have a large turnover from Fall. Every Summer the 14u age division has massive changes due to half of the players aging out and moving on to 16u or 18u.

But from Fall to the following Spring/Summer, some teams dont go through many changes, and those are normally the top teams. The reason they dont go through changes is because the players and parents are happy. If coaches are happy with the team, there is no reason to add new players.

Teams that had only moderate success on the field will be looking for new players, and those same players will often be looking to get on a better team. It is cyclical.

And when we are talking about the "Top" teams up north in this age division, we may have very different views on that subject.

I doubt Scorcerer has all that many new faces, and doubt even more that the top players on that team changed teams. They may have lost a few players that were on the bench, but that will not drastically change the level of that team.
Iluvblue

by Mustafa » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Did we ever get an answer on who the big 3 14U teams are in Norcal? Or what team in Sac metro has this supposed "best" pitcher (a '96 you say?)? I'm new to this so I'm very curious (just read all the posts).
Mustafa

by dittoz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 am

In no particular order, the players in 14u Sac Metro this year are widely assumed to be...

Breeze '95
Lady Magic
TNT

As to that "Best" pitcher, I'm not going to insult the other hard working girls by calling out a "best". Suffice it to say that the best will be solely in the opinion of an individual (or a parent!). My son is a HS baseball pitcher. Few would consider him to be the best on the team in light of the one on his team that many do consider to be the best. However, based on the pitcher's point system they use at the school that takes key "needs" into account when pitching, my son IS the best even though he doesn't always have the best record.

"Best" is only a theoretical and largely subjective term when it comes to individuals in a team sport....
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by CrushersDad » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 am

dittoz wrote: "Best" is only a theoretical and largely subjective term when it comes to individuals in a team sport....

Agreed
CrushersDad

by lvtwft » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 am

Lady Magic is the team to beat when the HS kids are in or out. With the HS school kids out, the next 2 will be up in the air for a while until some of the early tournaments..IMO
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal