Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Fresno force

by rbi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 am

when I walk by a 8yr old girl who is getting chewed by mom or dad after game for doing poorly, and is in tears, you bet it bothers me, i dont care what age group I am in. Do i care who wins those games, hell no, but I still care about the kids.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lookingIN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:51 am

You are always going to have parents who yell and scream and ruin the game for their kids. They try to live their dreams through the kids and some are just plain ret**ds... :? :? :?
lookingIN

by Coach Miller » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm

I am the head coach for RR Gold 10U's and I would like to apologize to all teams and coaches for my parents behavior. Please know that we respect each and every team out there playing.
Sometimes parents forget it's about the girls and not themselves or (no offense) meaningless rankings! So please leave RR 10U's out of these "rankings" and just let the 10's play ball, learn the game, and have fun doing it.
Coach Miller

by NumeroUno » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey I have a big secret the polls are just for fun don't worry where your team is just play ball and have fun.

Thanks Coach and good luck with your team this year, good luck training your parents too :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Mustafa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:21 am

A dose of reality!!! Thanks for setting things straight coach Miller. The bottom line is that it should be about the girls, Especially at 10U!!
Mustafa

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 am

Been around this game for 13 years. Parents at EVERY level are involved with their kids. Some talk loud, some are quiet, some say nothing, some say way too much. But whether it is 10s or 18g or even college, parents will be parents.

No bog deal really. The kids, for the most part, are oblivious to most of the BS. They just like to play ball.
Iluvblue

by NumeroUno » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:25 am

I was at a college game a while back and had the pleasure of sitting next to the world biggest idiot. This guy complained from the first pitch until I couldn't take it anymore in the second inning. I moved to the other side of the field and heard him until the game was over. You think from rec ball to 10U parents get better and from 10U to 14U they realize the things they said in the past wasn't right. Not this guy dd playing in college and he was able to see every out side pitch miss or hit the corner. he knew when every illegal pitch was or wasn't done. He was able to see if the girls feet were in the box on a slap and watch the girls at second leave early at the same time, the guy must have had eyes like a fly. I was inches from ripping out my hair and I knew I couldn't afford that so I had to find new seating. Just let them play and cheer them on win or lose good or bad.. BTW this comes from one of the biggest A-hole 10U dads :roll:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:34 am

I was at my little ones 10u game last night. The previous game we had a major Ahole umpire that tossed the coach . All the coach asked was for a liberal strike zone, as this is 10u rec.

Anyways, some of us parents were just talking about how out of hand some parents are. When my College daughter was playing boys baseball in 9-10 i coached. looking back, I was just as bad as all these people. Hopefully, we age, get a little perspective, and things get better.

I do think things/people mellow out as they get older.
Plus, once the kids hit 18u all they play is exposure and nobody cares who wins or loses right? intensity goes away, umpires and coaches all joking around... it is all good.

Just make sure you deposit this months fees at the door please:)
Iluvblue

by rbi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am

NumeroUno wrote:I was at a college game a while back and had the pleasure of sitting next to the world biggest idiot. This guy complained from the first pitch until I couldn't take it anymore in the second inning. I moved to the other side of the field and heard him until the game was over. You think from rec ball to 10U parents get better and from 10U to 14U they realize the things they said in the past wasn't right. Not this guy dd playing in college and he was able to see every out side pitch miss or hit the corner. he knew when every illegal pitch was or wasn't done. He was able to see if the girls feet were in the box on a slap and watch the girls at second leave early at the same time, the guy must have had eyes like a fly. I was inches from ripping out my hair and I knew I couldn't afford that so I had to find new seating. Just let them play and cheer them on win or lose good or bad.. BTW this comes from one of the biggest A-hole 10U dads :roll:

can you even imagine what his DD is thinking while he is going off all game. She is probably saying to herself, "is this ever going to end" as her teammates give her the look like your dad is nuts!
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:53 am

Iluvblue wrote:Been around this game for 13 years. Parents at EVERY level are involved with their kids. Some talk loud, some are quiet, some say nothing, some say way too much. But whether it is 10s or 18g or even college, parents will be parents.

No bog deal really. The kids, for the most part, are oblivious to most of the BS. They just like to play ball.

your probably right to an extent Blue, and it does not change from baseball to softball, same crazy nutso people. I do think though it affects the little ones more so than the bigger girls. The little ones take it to heart, while the older girls just blow it off and end up not even talking to dad about softball, and I am one that does not want to lose THAT relationship, so I play my cards right. A lesson I learned from the older boys ;)
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal