Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NorCal 10u Teams

by HangingCurve » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Agreed FORCE10DAD. Foothill Gold beat Batbusters, which was a pretty big accomplishment considering how they dominated the other NorCal teams. Yet, they lose to the Spartans and fall to Smackers. Although Foothill have beaten Spartans when it counts in a championship game already this season, which carries more weight than losing in pool play. Kudos to the Smackers for going deep in the tournament on Sunday. KG does appear to have gotten past the Breeze dominance. Like you said, it's anyone's game on any given day...
HangingCurve

by Yellow Ballz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 am

Yellow Ballz wrote:Breeze, KG, Force & Smackers battled hard this weekend and will continue to battle all summer. Monarchs getting a lot of hype for going 1-3 and getting bounced in the first game on Sunday by Team CA and only scoring 1 run. Got shut out twice in pool play. #1 pitcher is the only thing keeping them from being a B team.

Like I said before the top teams will battle all summer long and that's the way it should be!! No one gets any better by beating up on the weaker teams as fielders stand there while their pitchers strike everyone out. Girls need the competition, learn by doing, making plays and thinking. Congrats to all the Nor Cal teams and young ladies that played their hearts out despite all the pressure last weekend in Fresno.
Yellow Ballz

by quietstorm02 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I was impressed by the way the Batbusters hit, so for the Gold to hold them to 1 run was quite an accomplishment indeed. There were some long faces following the loss to the Smackers, but kudos to the girls for having such a good showing down there overall. Those 2 games against the Force and Batbusters were tense!

At the end of the day, though, the Smackers were the last NorCal team standing on Sunday, so hat's off to them.

I don't really get into rankings chatter, but I love my daughter's team and all the parents and coaches. You're right about the coaches being really positive in the way they deal with the girls. I look forward to watching this group compete with the best competition they can find throughout the remainder of the season.
quietstorm02

by off the walls » Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

Shouldn't you have to beat a team in a championship game to be ranked above them?
off the walls

by quietstorm02 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:06 pm

I think Turret94 is just a dad (or mom, I suppose) having a little fun. I believe that lists give interested parties a general idea of who's doing what out there and let softball people know who some of the young teams to watch might be. Lady Spartans beat the Gold, Gold beat the Batbusters, and Batbusters beat the Breeze, who've beaten both the Gold and Spartans this season.

I'm obviously going to be a fan of my daughter's team, but we've got friends on several other NorCal teams and we like seeing those players and teams having success and developing their skills as well. The Lady Spartans had a couple of tough losses on Saturday, but then put that behind them and beat the Gold. I was happy for those girls. Then the Gold (IMO) took the motivation from that loss and beat the Batbusters, which allowed them to end the day on a happy note.
quietstorm02

by Turret94 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

The rankings reflect a teams performance mainly on Sundays. Saturdays are difficult to judge because a lot of teams and especially the stronger ones, are trying to get playing time for all their players. They also throw different pitchers. This does not reflect a teams strength, so rankings must be based on Sunday performances and results when a team is playing to win.

Having been out there this past weekend in Fresno, I can tell you that the Batbusters did not play their strongest players against the Gold and actually threw their #4 pitcher. The Batbusters had already cinched a high seed. This is an example of why not much weight is put on Saturday performances.
Turret94

by OC714 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Turret94 wrote:The rankings reflect a teams performance mainly on Sundays. Saturdays are difficult to judge because a lot of teams and especially the stronger ones, are trying to get playing time for all their players. They also throw different pitchers. This does not reflect a teams strength, so rankings must be based on Sunday performances and results when a team is playing to win.

Having been out there this past weekend in Fresno, I can tell you that the Batbusters did not play their strongest players against the Gold and actually threw their #4 pitcher. The Batbusters had already cinched a high seed. This is an example of why not much weight is put on Saturday performances.

Wow, I gotta chime in here. I don't know how you all do it in NorCal, but down here we play to win every time we step out on the field. Period. To suggest that the Batbusters did not play their strongest players is absurd. Our SoCal teams have no weak players, LOL. Batbusters pounded the ball vs. Fresno and Spartans. That Gold team beat them, hands down. Way to diminish those accomplishments. Respect to the teams up north. You have some good teams up there.
OC714

by Tyler Durden » Thu May 02, 2013 9:04 pm

OC714 wrote:
Turret94 wrote:The rankings reflect a teams performance mainly on Sundays. Saturdays are difficult to judge because a lot of teams and especially the stronger ones, are trying to get playing time for all their players. They also throw different pitchers. This does not reflect a teams strength, so rankings must be based on Sunday performances and results when a team is playing to win.

Wow, I gotta chime in here. I don't know how you all do it in NorCal, but down here we play to win every time we step out on the field. Period. To suggest that the Batbusters did not play their strongest players is absurd. Our SoCal teams have no weak players, LOL. Batbusters pounded the ball vs. Fresno and Spartans. That Gold team beat them, hands down. Way to diminish those accomplishments. Respect to the teams up north. You have some good teams up there.

Well, let's see. OC714 first post goes All Out to establish himself as a So Cal native. Screen name is a nice touch, with OC and the local area code built in. Awesome. But seriously, It's ok to be a proud Foothill Gold parent. Why go through all these gyrations? It's awkward for both of us. Probably best to go back to your quietstorm screen name and stand tall.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CVShowcase » Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 am

The 10u Qualifier next weekend for the 10u PGF regional championship should some great games in this double elimination qualifier.

Tabu
OBS Monarchs
Foothill Gold
Xtreme Elite
Nor cal Smackers
Ca Riptide
Lady Cyclones
Hotshots
Fired Up
Riverbank Vendetta
CVShowcase
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aeastama » Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
OC714 wrote:

Well, let's see. OC714 first post goes All Out to establish himself as a So Cal native. Screen name is a nice touch, with OC and the local area code built in. Awesome. But seriously, It's ok to be a proud Foothill Gold parent. Why go through all these gyrations? It's awkward for both of us. Probably best to go back to your quietstorm screen name and stand tall.

Classic!!!! :lol:
aeastama

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal