Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Fresno force

by dittoz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:24 am

Coached for 17 years before surrendering to the DD's wishes that she play for someone else...

During those years, it was mostly Little League BBall and I was usually pretty laid-back over it. Sure, we (read: ME) were pretty crazy during the 12-yr old season which is the Marquee for LL. We were the league and City Champs and we talked pretty loud, but those were really old 12-yr olds - not those little 10's. :D

When we moved to softball as the DD got older, it started out in rec, but I had already been thru things a few times with the boys. I always tried to keep the parents in the real world, but as stated by many, there were always "those" parents and they were just as vocal at me as they were at the umps. I even wrote a piece for eTeamz several years back on keeping it all in perspective and it wound up being published. To this day, I stand by my words and they hold pretty true. Sure, I was a bit naive back then but for the most part I think most parents agreed.

It's fun to see the little ones out there and I truly believe they are more into the team and the game than a lot of the bigger ones, but as was also said when you advance in the age divisions you don't care about the others. The little ones though? They watch everyone!
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 am

Ive watched you RBI. I think you do a pretty good job of keeping that balance.
Iluvblue

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am

artomatic wrote:Holy Fricking Crap!
How did I miss this post?

dittoz wrote:Were we this nutty back in 10's? ;)

I think we were...

Good Lord, I don't know why I just decided to look at this until right now, but WOW!!!!

I KNOW I wasn't like this in 10u. Maybe 12, but NOT 10.

WOW!!! :shock:
Sftbll4ever

by Missinit » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

WOW to all the wow's... I know it was getting interesting but I didn't think it was THAT bad. :?
If you show no mercy... you deserve no mercy!
Missinit

by jtat32 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Missinit wrote:WOW to all the wow's... I know it was getting interesting but I didn't think it was THAT bad. :?

Kinda felt like a little vacation to Texas without ever having to leave Norcal before all this maturity and perspective broke out. :D
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

dittoz wrote:Coached for 17 years before surrendering to the DD's wishes that she play for someone else...

During those years, it was mostly Little League BBall and I was usually pretty laid-back over it. Sure, we (read: ME) were pretty crazy during the 12-yr old season which is the Marquee for LL. We were the league and City Champs and we talked pretty loud, but those were really old 12-yr olds - not those little 10's. :D

When we moved to softball as the DD got older, it started out in rec, but I had already been thru things a few times with the boys. I always tried to keep the parents in the real world, but as stated by many, there were always "those" parents and they were just as vocal at me as they were at the umps. I even wrote a piece for eTeamz several years back on keeping it all in perspective and it wound up being published. To this day, I stand by my words and they hold pretty true. Sure, I was a bit naive back then but for the most part I think most parents agreed.

It's fun to see the little ones out there and I truly believe they are more into the team and the game than a lot of the bigger ones, but as was also said when you advance in the age divisions you don't care about the others. The little ones though? They watch everyone!

I would like to see what you wrote :) can you post it here
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Previous

Return to NorCal