Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

NorCal

12u Rankings by Louie

by Sbstuby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Grapes played 4 games on saturday. Won 3 and lost 1
Sbstuby
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:52 am

by JimineyCricket » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm

With the Fall season wrapping up, it's natural to look ahead to the Spring. Anyone have any thoughts on how the NorCal 12u landscape is likely to change, particularly given the news about the Lady Magic starting a team? Other threads are already predicting major changes for at least one team near the top of the NorCal 12u totem. Anyone else have thoughts on the topic they would be willing to share?
JimineyCricket
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:19 pm

by BristolBay » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Anyone know if that LadyMagic team is a 00 or 01 focused team?
BristolBay
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 am

by Chango15 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Not sure the Magic will be able to pull a team together. Dont forget they tried last year and were not able to get enough players out to the tryouts.
Chango15
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

by LadyMagic83 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you for your interest in Lady Magic, Chango!

I can tell you that based on the direct responses I have had to our tryout notice I am extremely confident we will have a full 12u roster for the spring season. While I expect that roster will be made up of primarily 2000 players, I'm confident that there are 2001 players out there who will be on the roster as well. All are encouraged to attend!

Mike :)
LadyMagic83
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 am

by Ovr Weight N Bald » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm

With the amount of upset Heat parents and Mr L. being a part of the coaching staff I am sure Magic will have a pretty good core group heading over. As Stealing Home says there goes the Heat…. At the same time I think most of the 12u 00 teams will pretty much stay in tact. There is a lot of parity the 00 teams this year. When teams are pretty equal people tend to stick around. Most parents are not going to jump ship for the unknown which is why Magic needs the core Heat group to get things rolling. Anytime a new team pops up in an org the buzz starts. There are plenty of parents who have burnt most of the bridges they have had in softball to this point a fresh start might be what some need.

My question is does the entire Heat staff go over? If the current head coach goes with I would stay far away from this. The only thing he is good at is recruiting players over the top of his own and replacing his current players when he thinks something better has come along. Someone said it here once before some build teams by recruiting other build by coaching.

Bottom line most teams have some type of issues, some more than others. In my experience most who leave do it for the wrong reason just to find out they don’t fertilize the grass on their field everyday either. I am not drinking the Kool-Aide
Ovr Weight N Bald
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:54 pm

by Sftball Junkie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:07 am

Sniff Sniff... Sniff Sniff.... Whatcha smellin boy??? I think Jiminey C (our newest member) is tryin to help spam the bucket with Magic news as if Mike paying to have their tryout post locked up top isn't enough. Nothing shows confidence in your up coming tryouts like paying to lock yourself in. If people want to play for you they will find you.
Sftball Junkie
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:00 am

by Stealing Home » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

00 - "Mr L" as labeled here is the primary cause and creation of this team with his 00 daughter. Mr L has been lurking for a year now since the last failed attempt to get this 12u team off the ground. Cota was bold to bring this family back in the mix after their failed attempt and this should not be a surprise the Heat staff/organization.

After all it is the Lady Magic, so expect great things in due time. Expecting the best 12 to land a spot this spring and get the ball rolling. After that, as we all know they will expand the roster to 16 and force out those bottom 3-4 that make the team this time around.

BristolBay wrote:Anyone know if that LadyMagic team is a 00 or 01 focused team?
Stealing Home
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:02 pm

by linedrivelouie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Very anti climatic end to the fall season. With so many of the top teams playing short on players this weekend, a few missing teams, the tourney getting dumped to 2 game pool play on Sat etc.

Storm and Rapids look to be done for the season. Breeze was down 2 ( I think and I never saw the #1 pitcher pitch heard she might be hurt? Didn’t speak directly just heard thru the vine) KG was down to 9 it looked liked unless you count the players from their 01 team sitting in the dugout as fillers. (Pretty sure it is against ASA rules to have a player from another team enter the field for a different team in the same tournament.) Team California has been bit hard by injuries all season. In the game I saw they had a player who can’t hit or throw by Doctors order in the line up bunting and outfield as a filler. (Looks like they played with 8 ½ players) Grapes and Heat had to play in 14’s because 12u was full, they had good weekends. Hype won which was to be expected with looking at the teams in Gold and who was at full strength. I am going to leave the rankings how I had them to end the season. Tryouts are just around the corner it will be interesting to see if there is much movement. Someone said it already there is a lot of parity in the 12u 00 teams this season. I would think most would be staying put… I guess we will all know soon.

1.Grapettes Kahwaty:
2. Rocklin Hype:
3. CA Breeze:
4. Roseville Heat:
5. Salinas Storm:
6. CA Rapids:
7. Team CA:
8. KG Hitters:
9. Clovis Rockets:
10. Foothill Gold:
11. North Valley Stompers:
12. USA Elite Pfenning:

I would like to give a tip of the hat to a few 01 teams. If I was ranking the Nor Cal 01 teams I would list them as followed.

1. AASA Richardson 2. Lady Spartans 3. San Jose Sting 4. RR Gold Cat 5. Roseville Heat 6. LTG Lions 7. Fresno Force 8. OBS Monarchs 9. CA Breeze 01 10. Mizuno Coronado
linedrivelouie
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 am

by yellowballcarpool » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Nor Cal Valley Stompers beat Hype on Saturday in a great game, which could have gone either way. Same goes for Sunday. Sunday's game was tied until the last four minutes.
Very exciting games.
Nor Cal Valley is a 50/50 '00 and '01 STRONG team.
yellowballcarpool
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal