Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

How did everyone look at RR?

by Old Darter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 am

Iluvblue wrote:Spazsdad,

i coached a HS team a few years back that won something like 46 straight league games, 3 straight league titles, 2 straight CIF titles and gave up 7 (maybe 9) runs in a season.

Seriously? You're trotting out High School? OK. I'll bite....which HS? One of the big D1 leagues I'm sure. CIF SJ Section records are easy to check.

BTW, CIF doesn't have a "title" in softball. A CIF Section championship, yes.
Old Darter

by Instig8or » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 am

If this keeps up, we may have a new Pole Barn post here...

Seriously, if you kids can't take this out to the parking lot, maybe you all can sit down and have a beer and talk about it. It's starting to get old...

Instig8or

by Iluvblue » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 am

You are right stig8tr. im done,

But for those asking, oakdale HS 04-06.
Number 1 in state d3 , number 1 in norcal ALL divisions. Juts so you dont try to turn it into a d25 team playing 10 year olds.
Iluvblue

by Skarp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

Instig8or wrote:It's starting to get old...

My humblest apologies. Henceforth, I will endeavor to keep you more entertained. :roll:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Old Darter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 am

Really? You were the Head Coach at Oakdale when Marissa Drewery was there? Wow, how hard was it to have a stud pitcher in a DIII foothill league? No wonder you didn't give up any runs.

BTW, since you are a great developer of players, which batting style do you teach? Linear, rotational, or what?
Old Darter

by 90066DAD » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 am

Skarp wrote:
tito wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:
By the way, 3 years ago I took a 2nd year 14u team and moved them up to 16s. The good teams in 16u for most tournaments was few and far in between. We played 18u for most of the year. Now at the qualifiers, there are some good 16u teams, and at Regionals there was about 8 out of the 28 or so in Vegas 3 years ago that I felt were really good.

damn dude, you just can't stop yourself, can you?
You wonder why you catch so much grief on here.....and on other boards (modbeeforum?)...you just can't stop yourself from turning any thread, regardless of it's content, into something about yourself...
people in your area have told me about this phenomenom for the last couple of years....and I am witnessing it in full force for the last couple of months....you try to pass it off as "I have a successful team year in and year out"....when the fact is, you didn't do shit last summer. you crashed and burned in all the 14u qualifiers while lesser norcal teams got to Georgia..i don't care how you rationalize it, your team didn't even underachieve..i saw who knocked you out of regionals and clovis, etc, etc.,..it's fricking amazing is what it is...jesus christ, get over yourself....

Tito,

Back before I eradicated malaria in Africa while in the Peace Corp--and shortly after I discovered cold fusion--I had my dd's 10u rec team play up in 18G during the fall. It was a rag-tag group, with no real talent to speak of (they placed dead last in their rec league under a different coach), but after implementing my system we managed to dominate that division, going 54-3-1 over that stretch. It's not that the teams we played weren't talented--they were loaded with kids with D1 scholarships in hand. It's just that the coaches were completely clueless. You wouldn't believe how many bone-headed decisions they made. There were only maybe 5 or 6 who knew their way around a softball diamond, and even they generally failed to understand the finer points of the game. So of course I had a huge advantage.

I'm just mentioning that as an example of...well...of something marginally relevant to whatever everyone else was talking about.

Hey Skarp,

That was a nice parody of a typical post by Iluv(MYSELF)blue.

You tossed in a few fabricated accomplishments and mixed in some delusional assessments of your coaching skills and knowledge of the game. Of course there were the obligatory self-serving criticisms of your peers. Well done. The only problem with this piece is that you forgot to mimic his ever present grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.

Perhaps he would be more aptly named IblueMYSELF.
90066DAD

by Old Darter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 am

Iluvblue wrote:You are right stig8tr. im done,

But for those asking, oakdale HS 04-06.
Number 1 in state d3 , number 1 in norcal ALL divisions. Juts so you dont try to turn it into a d25 team playing 10 year olds.

Really? Elk Grove, Vacaville and Franklin-Elk Grove were the D1 Champions all those years, all from NorCal. Which of those teams did yours beat in the years you won D3?
Old Darter

by Skarp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Sorry you might not have experienced anything like that to know what it actually feels like.

No, I've never been an assistant on a D3 NorCal HS team.
Teams I have been privileged to coach with have won SoCal ASA State and Nationals before and I can tell you winning and going undefeated is never boring, at least when you are playing against competition.

C'mon Spaz, fess up...I know going undefeated through both ASA State and Nationals must have been a real snoozer for you and the girls.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Killer Rabbit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am

Why have I been skipping this post? This is the most interesting thing I've read on the 'bucket for a couple of weeks. Keep it going. It's either Spaz's turn or Iluvblue's.

Can't wait.
Ice cream?! When the f**k did we get ice cream?!
Killer Rabbit
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am

Who's popping the popcorn???
Sftbll4ever

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal