Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Favorites?

by dittoz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:19 am

This was a subject on the larger board awhile back, but it's relevant in every Geo...

What's your favorite facility in NorCal?
Simply put... which one is the best?
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Intel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm

if you add Fresno area for Norcal, then Buchanan Softball complex is hard to beat, especially now with the 450 stadium seating on field 3.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 pm

I would have to say Arnaiz Fields in Stockton, all the infields are great, outfields are sweet, dugouts are nice, and the stadium is really nice. Two things it lacks, warm up area, and netting for foul balls (which I understand is in the works).

Clovis has some nice stadium fields as well, but as far as private complex's Arnaiz is tough to beat up here, for just pure playing conditions with stadium seating..
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CrushersDad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm

We haven't played at all that many, but Arnaiz Fields in Stockton are very nice. I agree that no netting for foul balls is an issue there. During just one day there, I saw at least a dozen balls go into the stands, thank God no one was hurt!
CrushersDad

by NCal123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Buchanan is great. I believe each dugout has its own bullpen as well. It's alot better than the regional complex they have down there.

In the Bay Area/Central Valley there are not any complete venues.

Arnaiz - Great fields but like you said, not enough warm up areas for 14U and up. Sometimes in the yournger tourneys they will let you use the outfields.

Twin Creeks - They have by far the most fields at one facility in NorCal, but some of the fields are sinking into the landfill they are built on.

Big League Dreams - hard hit grounders turn into homeruns and you pay for food as if you were at Disneyland, quality and cost. But if you are a Dad who wants to watch MLB or NFL on TV while nursing a cold one, while watching DD play, all at once, you are have found it.
NCal123

by 454Malibu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:16 pm

I agree, Arnaiz is the best and as mentioned, warm up areas and netting is needed. One of our Grandparents got hit in the head last Summer! Restrooms are always clean and food is good. Let's not forget those world famous Root beer floats! LOL
454Malibu

by CheckWriter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 pm

http://www.roseville.ca.us/parks/parks_n_facilities/parks_in_roseville/all_parks/maidu_regional_park.asp

Lots of shade with a good view of the fields. Lots to do for the non-playing siblings. Snack bar mediocre but very close to a main street with every possible fast food joint and some good restaurants.

Tired of dodging foul balls at Arnaiz. Been that way for YEARS. As far as netting - I'll believe it when I see it, but when I believe it, it will be A LOT better. Still will need more shade, though.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dittoz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:23 am

Agree that Maidu is a very nice park, as is the Sac Complex. Over-all, I too like Arnaiz but those foul balls are a killer (no joke!). Hopefully the whole netting issue gets resolved - I'm surprised someone hasn't filed suit over it... If you need warmup facilities there, what about the large area kitty-corner to the whole park, across from the parking lot? The burritos and the floats make it all worth-while! ;)

Other nice parks in Sac include Lonetree in Rocklin and Foskett in Lincoln. Both need a few more years for the shade trees to grow, but the facilities are nice.

Twin Creeks in Sunnyvale used to be beautiful, but it's been many years since I've been there. It's sinking now???! Niiiiiiiiiice...
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by wadeintothem » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:13 am

Arnaiz, the parks nice and well maintained, I can plug my RV to AC, and its closest to my house and decent nonthugville shopping. John runs a pretty good show there. I, and most umps, dont prefer working in the stadium, especially in the heat, but its the nicest thing we got around here imo. The umps are kept fairly secluded from parents which is a big bonus. Agree we need nets. Thats the big down side to the park. Its a mortar zone.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by mr.flamboyant » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 am

Man..those foul balls at Arnaiz come flying like scud missiles!! Netting would have to be a priority (I say)!! What do you guys think about the fact that he put the big black tarp and signs around the whole outfield fence that prevents families from watching out there and forces everyone to pay to watch in the mortar zone??
mr.flamboyant

Next

Return to NorCal